ECT There is only one Gospel

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
While I do admire the loyalty of all of the worker bees buzzing around the hive, I'll wait for the Queen bee to respond to my post.

beehive_bees_md_wm.gif

Danoh

No, Brainiac; she considers me an enemy of the fellowship of the mystery as she sees it.

I am anything but a worker bee within said "hive" as you put.

I was just speaking a fact.

Some women within MAD are as well versed in the Scripture as many of the best of the men.

heir is one of those.

You must be blinder than you think; heir and some of hers are often on the warpath with me and or visa versa :chuckle:

I belong to no club.

Heck, I'll say the same thing about our female enemies, nang, Lazy, and God's Truth - all three of them appear more than somewhat well versed in Scripture.

And yet, all three of them combined cannot even begin to hold a candle to our Tambora (who I have yet to be at war with and visa versa).

In short, do yourself a favor - while you're still ahead in your own mind - save yourself the agony of your coming defeat and just throw yourself in front of a meat grinder - heir alone, half asleep, and a bit absent minded from too much time in Scripture has probably forgotten more than you have ever even thought of - she will make mince meat out of you and your kind :chuckle:

And I love a good fight...in your case; a massacre - I for one; hope she takes you up on your silly challenge.

Of, course, now she won't - it'll mean having done something that Danoh got a kick out of - hah; looks like I am actually in your corner, CW- I just may have gotten you out of your fool challenge :chuckle:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some women within MAD are as well versed in the Scripture as many of the best of the men.

heir is one of those.

I'm well aware that there are those that memorize Holy Scripture, thinking that will impress God and hence give them a ticket to Heaven.

If your Queen Bee should decide to take up my offer by answering the questions I posted in an earlier post, I won't allow her to copy and past Bible verses, as there is much more to being a follower of Christ than that.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone who posts Acts 2:38 KJV as to us does not know what is the gospel of the grace of God.

The Gospel whereby men are saved was the grace of God from its beginning.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jud 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm well aware that there are those that memorize Holy Scripture, thinking that will impress God and hence give them a ticket to Heaven.

If your Queen Bee should decide to take up my offer by answering the questions I posted in an earlier post, I won't allow her to copy and past Bible verses, as there is much more to being a follower of Christ than that.
Memorization comes naturally while spending time in the scriptures, which you obviously don't do. It's not about getting a free ticket to heaven

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your testimony is that you believe not and are blinded (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

My testimony is that I have received the Spirit of the love of God which first was in Jesus Christ, through the hearing and obeying as the 3000 did on the day of Pentecost in Acts ch 2.

What is your testimony?

LA

Danoh

No; bright eyes.

The MADist does not sit down and memorize Scripture. That is just the simple result of time in the passages; studying them out.

One's understanding becomes linked to the wording; either now setting off memory of the other.

Duh-uh..

And sheesh - wait for her debate.

There is no sense in continuing to prove yourself clueless before then :rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I want to take this opportunity to tell you that I've been very suspicious of you for sometime now, in fact, I'd even go so far as to say that you're a fraud.

Let me give these reasons for that statement:

You're very undefined when it comes to stating what it means to be a Christian, i.e. a follower of Christ. While you use many verses from Scripture, from what I've seen, you never use your own words.

From what I've seen you believe that "faith" in Jesus Christ alone makes one a Christian. What exactly does that mean, i.e faith that He died on the cross and rose from the dead, ascending into Heaven?

Two other things that raises warning flags for me about you are the following:

From what I've seen you give no credence to the good works that Christians are to do; why is that?

The other warning flag is the people that are your allies:

Nick M., Grosnick Marowbe, Patrick jane to name just three. Of all of the TOL'ers that I've run across, I can say without hesitation that those 3 are the biggest haters on TOL. Is hate a Christian virtue in your mind?

I would love to debate you either here or if this thread isn't the appropriate place to do it in, the thread of your choosing.

I look forward to your comments on the above.

aCW
Heir does use her own words while explaining with scripture. It is quite obvious that you never read her posts completely and it's clear that you are paranoid

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul did not preach baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38 KJV) looking forward to the blotting out of sins in the future (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) as Peter did.

Paul was a Jew who began in the faith by believing and obeying the same Gospel as the first of the Church did in Acts ch 2.

You should obey the example of Paul and wash your sins away---

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Paul preached the good news by which we are saved; that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and that we have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

The eunuch heard that and was baptized in water, receiving the Holy Spirit as at the first--

Act 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
Act 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
Act 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
Act 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
Act 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
Act 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins" as the good news of Pentecost. We've been waiting for you to do so for years and we're still waiting.

The whole of the OT law preached that Christ would die for the sins of men, including John the Baptist, and the fact that Christ had died before their very eyes and had shown them the scriptures pertaining to Him, the first of His Church knew very well of their need to be washed from their sins as they had, but you see no need to be washed of your sins.

LA

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Don't put any money on it . . .

Van Tillians excuse many discussions by claiming antinomies, but Clarkians do not.

If you know as much about Calvinism, as you claim, you will know to what I refer.

Vantil was all about making the logic work by starting with the sticky parts of the doctrine as apriori presuppositions. He regularly appealed to antinomy and, as nearly all Calvinists do, understood the acceptance of antinomy as the very definition of what it means to have faith.

Clark is more faithful to normal logic but he doesn't throw away the antinomy card completely by any means. He sort of discards the notion of paradox as sort of a personal perspective thing, where one person sees a paradox and another doesn't, as though that fixes the problem! Of course, it doesn't fix the problem, it just ignores it. He claims that any supposed paradox (antinomy) in scripture is a problem with our understanding, not with God's word. Which, I'd have to grant, is a far more intellectually honest position than the rest of Calvinist authors hold, but it's just words unless you allow it to alter your doctrine, which he does not do. Clark merely insists that there are no paradoxes in scripture but does nothing to make an actual argument to explain, for example, how morality survives where there are no alternative possibilities from which to choose.

You see, the real problem with Calvinists, all of them that I know of, including you, is that they intentionally ignore or even outright redefine the meaning of any word that gets in the way of their doctrine. They begin with the doctrine and interpret the bible to make it fit. For example, they BEGIN with the absolute immutability of God and then bend any passage that speaks of God's unchanging character into absolute immutability. They ignore the incarnation when discussing immutability and when pressed they don't conform their doctrine to the clear teaching of scripture, they alter the meaning of the scripture. They add concepts that aren't at all mentioned in the passages that talk about God becoming a man so that they can rationalize the passage away in order to preserver their version of immutability.

You've been doing the same sort of thing in this thread. The contradictions in your posts are continuous and obvious - even to you. So, rather than allowing reason to guide your mind, you alter the meaning of words and bring in additional concepts and make obscure distinctions between words of nearly identical meaning, all in an effort to rationalize away what it obvious to everyone so as to preserve your doctrine at all costs.

Coming at doctrine with an apriori presupposition might even be defensible if the bible clearly taught that what you're presupposing is actually true. Van Til, for example, rightly argued that logic itself doesn't work unless you presuppose the existence of God. Such a presuppostion is not problematic in a Christian worldview because the Christian worldview is a theistic worldview, by definiton, and the bible is written from that same perspective (i.e. it presupposes that God exists rather than making an argument for His existence). But the Calvinist doctrine (immutability in particular) is NOT presupposed by scripture and in fact it teaches that God changes in amazing and permanent ways and rather than teaching the Calvinist doctrine of predestination the bible clearly teaches that God give us a choice and urges us to choose life. Unfortunately, rather than conforming one's doctrine to meet scripture, the Calvinist has his first alegiance to Reformed Doctrine and regards scripture as a tool to use not a standard to conform to. Calvinist love to tout their prized 'sola-scriptura' doctrine but even that doctrine isn't taught by scripture! The Calvinist is just a walking contradiction machine.

Resting in Him,
Clete

(No time for editing - sorry for any typos - run-on sentences - etc.)

musterion

You see, the real problem with Calvinists, all of them that I know of, including you, is that they intentionally ignore or even outright redefine the meaning of any word that gets in the way of their doctrine. They begin with the doctrine and interpret the bible to make it fit.

Bingo. Hence their contempt for those who simply believe and preach the simple terms of the saving Gospel unobstructed by layer after centuried layer of ecclesiarchichal man-think.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The whole of the OT law preached that Christ would die for the sins of men, including John the Baptist, and the fact that Christ had died before their very eyes and had shown them the scriptures pertaining to Him, the first of His Church knew very well of their need to be washed from their sins as they had, but you see no need to be washed of your sins.

LA

And, you see no need to be logical, reasonable and articulate.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Heir puts somebody like you, to shame. Take my word for it and don't get all defensive or you may anger me?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My testimony is that I have received the Spirit of the love of God which first was in Jesus Christ, through the hearing and obeying as the 3000 did on the day of Pentecost in Acts ch 2.

What is your testimony?

LA

So, are you a member of the House of Israel living two thousand years ago?

Indeed I am, as are all of the elect of Israel to this very day, who are the Israel of God.

There is no other Israel of God ouside of Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would give the same answer Jesus gave:

" . . This is the work of God; that you believe in Him whom He sent." John 6:39
But you said the entire Bible ("Genesis to Revelation") is the gospel of your salvation. Now you are changing your tune? And why would that particular verse bring salvation to anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God when Paul writes that the gospel of Christ/the preaching of the cross is the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)? Shouldn't you be declaring the gospel of Christ to the dying man as the good news by which you are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)? If not, why would you hold out on him?