ECT There is one Gospel/salvation, Heb 2:3

dodge

Sounds like we who came out of the nations are to especially heed the words of Paul which he received from Christ:

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

1Th 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

1Th 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost:

1Ti 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

2Ti 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

2Ti 1:13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Rom 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Steko, I understand that "some" of What Jesus taught was for Israel but much if not most of what Jesus taught was for "everyone" both Jew and gentile.

Great deception and confusion arises when folks take all of Jesus' teachings and dismisses them as to Israel only.

The verses you quoted show plainly that Paul was not the only one that preached the Gospel of grace.

1Th 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

1Th 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Exactly how does one follow Jesus when they don't believe what He taught was for them ?

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Paul pointed others to Jesus who he himself followed. If all of Jesus' teachings were for Israel how exactly are you going to follow Him, and why would Paul if he brought something no one else had previously believed about Jesus direct everyone else to follow Jesus ? Then comes along some and designates everything Jesus taught as being for Israel.

See the problem yet ?

The following Jesus taught was for everyone,but yet if I were to believe much of what I have heard here at TOL what Jesus taught would be relegated to Israel only, and that is not the truth.

Jhn 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Jhn 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jhn 14:4
nd whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

dodge

The LORD Jesus Christ was born and lived under the law of Moses. The LORD Jesus Christ was an Israelite.

The church in the wilderness is NOT the church which is His body.

You're as dumb with the word "church" as you are with the word "gospel".

The Lord Jesus was God in the flesh seems you do not understand that.

dodge

I do understand that liar boy.

He was ALSO an Israelite.

Is it hard for you to understand the TWO natures of the LORD Jesus Christ?

So in your lack of understanding Jesus' role as God, He in your opinion , was subservient to being a Jew ! Proving yet again you have no clue wrong divider.

Did you forget that Jesus said He was Lord of the Sabbath ?

Being called a "liar" by one as deceived and ignorant as you are is actually a compliment.

Right Divider

Body part
So in your lack of understanding Jesus' role as God was subservient to Jesus being a Jew ! Proving yet again you have no clue wrong divider.

Did you forget that Jesus said He was Lord of the Sabbath ?
No, I did not liar boy.

The Sabbath day was given to His people.

Exod 31:15-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (31:16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. (31:17) It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. (31:18) ¶ And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

dodge

No, I did not liar boy.

The Sabbath day was given to His people.

Exod 31:15-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (31:16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. (31:17) It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. (31:18) ¶ And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Being called a "liar" by one as deceived and ignorant as you are is actually a compliment.

Interplanner

"Forever" in Hebrew vocabulary is often 3-4 generations. Some have said it is the same idea as in the extension of the curse to 3rd or 4th generation. We know this from cities mentioned by the prophets that were to be cursed forever, never again to come back, yet they did many generations later.

dodge

You've earned the title.

You are what is called a POSER. Pretending to be a believer but showing your true colors by lying constantly.

lol, because you have no understanding except what you have been told,that is not scriptural, does not make me a liar it makes you deceived and confused in the things of God.

Paul said to follow Jesus and yet Jesus is IGNORED and you follow Paul. Not to bright are you ?

SaulToPaul 2

"Forever" in Hebrew vocabulary is often 3-4 generations. Some have said it is the same idea as in the extension of the curse to 3rd or 4th generation. We know this from cities mentioned by the prophets that were to be cursed forever, never again to come back, yet they did many generations later.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

IP, Sodom and Gomorrah has NEVER been re-built !

Many others have. There are always exceptions. There are not very many absolutes. I don't think the prophets nailed Sodom and Gommorah; they addressed current cities. I don't know that there is a linguistic test case for S&G in which a prophet or God said they would be gone forever.

dodge

Many others have. There are always exceptions. There are not very many absolutes. I don't think the prophets nailed Sodom and Gommorah; they addressed current cities. I don't know that there is a linguistic test case for S&G in which a prophet or God said they would be gone forever.

Please list the cities that God cursed and said would not be re-built that have been re-built.

Interplanner

Tyre, Sidon, Nineveh, Ur, Babylon (realizing there is confusion whether this site was Bab-el), Egypt (Joel 3:19), Edom (same; Edom in the 1st century was enough of a military power--Idumea--that Rome had special recon about anyone in Judea alliancing with Idumea because it would bust Rome's surround of the Med Sea), Assyria (Nah 3:19; yet it is Iraq today).

The point is that 3-4 generations pretty much eliminates it from serious consideration relative to the event for which it was judged. Like the 2nd command says. After that, it doesn't matter. Maybe even before that.

If you are looking for the word 'forever' you will be disappointed. But when He says 'I will destroy the very last Phillistine' it is hard to see how anymore would exist; yet they do. Or 'There will never again be a sound in your streets.'

dodge

Tyre, Sidon, Nineveh, Ur, Babylon (realizing there is confusion whether this site was Bab-el), Egypt (Joel 3:19), Edom (same; Edom in the 1st century was enough of a military power--Idumea--that Rome had special recon about anyone in Judea alliancing with Idumea because it would bust Rome's surround of the Med Sea), Assyria (Nah 3:19; yet it is Iraq today).

The point is that 3-4 generations pretty much eliminates it from serious consideration relative to the event for which it was judged. Like the 2nd command says. After that, it doesn't matter. Maybe even before that.

If you are looking for the word 'forever' you will be disappointed. But when He says 'I will destroy the very last Phillistine' it is hard to see how anymore would exist; yet they do. Or 'There will never again be a sound in your streets.'

IP, IF God said they would never be inhabited I don't believe they were. God does not make mistakes or wrong calls.

Right Divider

Body part
lol, because you have no understanding except what you have been told,that is not scriptural, does not make me a liar it makes you deceived and confused in the things of God.

Paul said to follow Jesus and yet Jesus is IGNORED and you follow Paul. Not to bright are you ?
That is a lie and you know it.

You are amassing a wonderful judgement for yourself.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Psa_9:7 But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.

IP's version: The lord will endure for three or four generations.