There is no Hell

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Rev 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

The smoke of their TORMENT ascendeth up for ever and ever and they have no rest day nor night,

I cannot help you if you cannot comprehend scripture.

LA isn't very bright. Never has been.

Timotheos

And the Lake of Fire is what?

The Lake of Fire is the second death. It can't be Hell because Hell (Hades) is thrown into the Lake of Fire. Do you think that Hell is thrown into Hell in some kind of bizarre continuous loop?

The Doctrine of eternal torture in burning hell makes no sense and it is not supportable by the Bible.
The Bible specifically states that the wicked will perish, they will be destroyed and they will be no more.
I think that we, as Christians, should accept what the Bible says instead of the Medieval Tradition of Torture.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]The word "FIRE" used as a parable [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is a short list of the word FIRE being used to mean JUDGEMENT.

Psalm 78:21
When the LORD heard them, he was furious; his fire broke out against Jacob, and his wrath rose against Israel,

Psalm 79:5
How long, LORD? Will you be angry forever? How long will your jealousy burn like fire?

Psalm 89:46
How long, LORD? Will you hide yourself forever? How long will your wrath burn like fire?

Psalm 104:4
He makes spirits his messengers, flames of fire his servants.

Isaiah 4:4
The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire.

Isaiah 66:15
See, the LORD is coming with fire, and his chariots are like a whirlwind; he will bring down his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Isaiah 66:16
For with fire and with his sword the LORD will execute judgment on all people, and many will be those slain by the LORD.

Deuteronomy 32:22. For a fire has been kindled by my wrath, one that burns to the realm of sheol below.

Amos 7:4
This is what the Sovereign LORD showed me: The Sovereign LORD was calling for judgment by fire; it dried up the great deep and devoured the land.

Hebrews 10:27
but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

2 Peter 3:7
By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

The word "fire and lightning" is often used as a parable to mean judgment. In one place the word "coal" means judgment. And where there is smoke there is fire, so the word smoke can also be used as a parable to mean judgment.

KJV
Revelation 14:10
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up forever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

If Hell is done away with in the second death, then how can there be anyone to torment? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you dim wits would study the actual scripts, you would see that the word HELL is not there. Quote: And the smoke of their (torment/punishment.) Punishment is the correct translation.

[FONT="]Punishment[/FONT][/B][FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25:46&version=NIV"]Matthew 25:46[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]“Then they will go away to eternal [B]punishment[/B], but the righteous to eternal life.”[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter+2:9&version=NIV"]2 Peter 2:9[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for [B]punishment[/B] on the day of judgment.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]J[URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jude+1:7&version=NIV"]ude 1:7[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the [B]punishment[/B] of eternal fire. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+17:1&version=NIV"]Revelation 17:1[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the [B]punishment[/B] of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]

I hate to be the one to tell you, but, You are the dim-wit here.

way 2 go

[FONT=&quot]
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

If Hell is done away with in the second death, then how can there be anyone to torment? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

it says "death and hell were cast into the lake of fire"
not done away with

and the lake of fire is not annihilation

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hell is the Serpent's doctrine. God says "you will surly die," and the Serpent says to Eve, "you will not surly die." This doctrine helps us identify the Serpent in scriptures.
it's surely not surly

sur·ly
ˈsərlē/
adjective
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

CherubRam

it says "death and hell were cast into the lake of fire"
not done away with

and the lake of fire is not annihilation

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

2 Peter 2:9
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.[/FONT]
Matthew, Peter and Jude say Punishment. Torment in Hell is a Pagan belief and has nothing to do with Orthodox Judaism, for which Christianity is based upon.

Ben Masada

There is a point to the parable of Lazarus and the rich man. The point is not to be buried near a rich man's grave because he will keep you up all night crying for water because his grave is on fire.

:rip:

You are being too literal again Jamie. The point is about salvation aka escape from Hell, and Jesus, the one rendering this parable to us was quite clear about the means to achieve it; by listen to "Moses" aka the Law. There is no reason to struggle for any other point. (Luke 16:29-31)

Ben Masada

Hell, used 19 times in the old testament and 16 times in the new testament. And there is no such place, :chuckle:

And every single time the Hell word is found in the Tanach is in the sense of Sheol aka the grave. In the NT, the Hellenist mean of hell-is due to the Hellenist gospel of Paul who was a Hellenist Jew from the Greek city of Tarsus in the Philistia.

CherubRam

And every single time the Hell word is found in the Tanach is in the sense of Sheol aka the grave. In the NT, the Hellenist mean of hell-is due to the Hellenist gospel of Paul who was a Hellenist Jew from the Greek city of Tarsus in the Philistia.
Where is the proof that Paul was a Hellenist from Tarsus?

dodge

There can't be anyone left to torment, the wicked will have been destroyed. But God is not interested in tormenting anyone anyway. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, God is not a sadist.

Mat 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

CherubRam

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
The opposite of life is death. The eternal punishment of the condemned is eternal death. If you guys would read what I wrote, I would not have to keep repeating myself.

dodge

The opposite of life is death. The eternal punishment of the condemned is eternal death. If you guys would read what I wrote, I would not have to keep repeating myself.

I read your OP it is wrong.

Jesus taught more on hell than He did on heaven, because HE wanted none to go there.

The second death is not the END but the beginning of what Jesus taught as eternal punishment in Mt.25:46.