The Word Made Flesh

keypurr

Yes, what's the problem?

Hebrews 1:2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.

Read verse 3 BR. What is the exact (express) image of the spirit God?

keypurr

No amount of studying
will increase your faith or faithfulness.

It will not even increase
your knowledge of what
you are studying.

Your love for God
determines your faithfulness
to God.

See you did not even know this truth.

If you read you might find who God is.

Oh, I forgot, you have the wisdom of God in you.

keypurr

Jesus' character. (Hebrews 1:3 NASB)

Hebrews 1:3

(ASV) who being the effulgence of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(BBE) Who, being the outshining of his glory, the true image of his substance, supporting all things by the word of his power, having given himself as an offering making clean from sins, took his seat at the right hand of God in heaven;

(Bishops) Who beyng the bryghtnesse of the glorie, and the very image of his substaunce, vpholdyng all thynges with the worde of his power, hauing by him selfe pourged our sinnes, hath syt on the ryght hande of the maiestie on hye:

(CEV) God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together. After the Son had washed away our sins, he sat down at the right side of the glorious God in heaven.

(DRB) Who being the brightness of his glory and the figure of his substance and upholding all things by the word of his power, making purgation of sins, sitteth on the right hand of the majesty on high:

(ESV) He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(Geneva) Who being the brightnes of the glory, and the ingraued forme of his person, and bearing vp all things by his mightie worde, hath by himselfe purged our sinnes, and sitteth at the right hand of the Maiestie in the highest places,

(GNB) He reflects the brightness of God's glory and is the exact likeness of God's own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.

(GW) His Son is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of God's being. He holds everything together through his powerful words. After he had cleansed people from their sins, he received the highest position, the one next to the Father in heaven.

(ISV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact likeness of his being, and he holds everything together by his powerful word. After he had provided a cleansing from sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Highest Majesty

(KJV) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NAS77) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high;

(NASB) And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NET.) The Son is the radiance of his glory and the representation of his essence, and he sustains all things by his powerful word, and so when he had accomplished cleansing for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.

(NIrV) The Son is the gleaming brightness of God's glory. He is the exact likeness of God's being. He uses his powerful word to hold all things together. He provided the way for people to be made pure from sin. Then he sat down at the right hand of the King, the Majesty in heaven.

(NIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(NKJV) who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSV) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(NRSVA) He is the reflection of God's glory and the exact imprint of God's very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

(TNIV) The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

(YLT) who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might--through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

Word

BANNED
Banned
If you read you might find who God is.

Oh, I forgot, you have the wisdom of God in you.
I know who is God.

He is my Father.

That does not take any Wisdom.

Nor faith.

Nor studying.

Nor grace.

Nor knowledge.

It takes me being the offspring of His seed.

Which I am.

keypurr

I know who is God.

He is my Father.

That does not take any Wisdom.

Nor faith.

Nor studying.

Nor grace.

Nor knowledge.

It takes me being the offspring of His seed.

Which I am.

You have the freedom to think as you wish, but that don't make it right.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not have to study anything to learn or be accepted by God.

I am born of God.

His Spirit is my Spirit.

If you had said His Spirit lives in your spirit then that may be true.

However for you to say His Spirit is your spirit only reveals you are deceived like poster Gods Truth.

LA

Word

BANNED
Banned
If you had said His Spirit lives in your spirit then that may be true.

However for you to say His Spirit is your spirit only reveals you are deceived like poster Gods Truth.

LA
If God's Spirit was in my Spirit,
it would consume my spirit for God is a consuming fire.

Therefore I have proved your statement is greatly flawed.

When you are born of God you have His Spirit.

That is the only why He can be the Father.

For God is a Spirit.

Now you know you are not born of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Therefore I have proved your statement is greatly flawed.

Heb 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
Heb 12:21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

When you are born of God you have His Spirit.

You did not say that.

That is the only why He can be the Father.

For God is a Spirit.

Now you know you are not born of God.

Now I know you tell lies.

LA

Cross Reference

You study to prove yourself faithful.

And when we are faithful we receive God's grace because, without faith it is impossible to please Him.

Without faith it is mercy we receive. Faith is a learning process to make one to be as Jesus through knowing the written word unto obedience as He performed it. In this is one in possession by faith of the enablement for hearing and living by the Living Word. In this I am assuming the new birth. This can only be made possible when the written word and the Living Word of God and the one indwelt by both are made effective..Jesus well demonstrated that union when in the wilderness. Luke 4:1-143 KJV.

Cross Reference

Jesus' character. (Hebrews 1:3 NASB)

Jamie, an image is visible. Moses saw the image of the uncreated "Word of God", Who was God, in Ex. 33:20-23 KJV; John 1:1,14 KJV. He was the pre-incarnate Jesus, the Word of God before 'entering a sinless human body prepared for Him' Who would be called Jesus Who would gain the victory to become: ". . . . . The mighty God, The everlasting Father,. . . .", manifested in Glorfied human flesh.

Heb 10:5 KJV; Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

[This was the same image Peter, James, and John saw on the Mt Transfiguration]

Cross Reference

Originally Posted by Word

Then quite obviously, God is not in your "Spirit", the proof being in the pudding you are serving up.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews 1:3
(ESV) He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

The nature of the Most High was imprinted on Jesus so he is the exact representation of God's nature. This means if we want to know God all we need to do is look at Jesus' character defining who and what God is. Jesus' character in us will make us like him.

Cross Reference

The nature of the Most High was imprinted on Jesus so he is the exact representation of God's nature. This means if we want to know God all we need to do is look at Jesus' character defining who and what God is. Jesus' character in us will make us like him.

Indeed, it was "imprinted" on Him by His sonship in the Father and He was given the responsibilty to make sure it would forever be "imprinted" on Him that He might be our example for attaining the same "imprint".

Cross Reference

And we each entered the world in a sinless body prepared for us.

Well, not really because too many people would accuse God of evil by the actions of those in whom there was evil demonstrated. Being born again is the cure which being naturally born into existence cannot perform.

All are born innocent purposed by God to be made holy. In this, both Adam and Jesus were of the same substance. Though one was born, both came directly from the hand of God. Being the first male in both instances, it could be said that both were holy unto God and yet a supremely higher dimension of holiness, set in Himself, was to be entered into by the process of obedience.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
All are born innocent purposed by God to be made holy. In this, both Adam and Jesus were of the same substance. Though one was born, both came directly from the hand of God. Being the first male in both instances, it could be said that both were holy unto God and yet a supremely higher dimension of holiness, set in Himself, was to be entered into by the process of obedience.

Hey, that's pretty good double talk, but newborns are sinless because they have not committed any sin.