Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, all you children of big hair and watchers of original MTV videos. This is the "Unofficial TOL '80's Thread."

It's all about the '80's, people.

Let's do this thing! :banana:

I'm going to start it off with the first video I ever remember seeing. Yes, I'm now a grandmother and can still remember this. And no, it wasn't on MTV. It was before MTV. (That's just how old I really am :doh: )

The first videos I ever remember watching came on late night on Friday nights. My cousin would come over and we thought these were awesome. Little did we know that 24 hours a day of video watching was just around the corner.

I looked for the original video of this on Youtube but they didn't have it. So I looked on the web and found this.

(clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.... clap some more... clap again... just watch the video, you'll see what I'm talking about.)

http://www.videodetective.com/music/turn-it-on-again/933981

Granite

Hall of Fame
Reagan. Walkmans. MTV. Cigarettes in shopping malls. Knight Rider. Unsolved Mysteries.

Are cartoons even on Saturday mornings anymore?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Remember when you waited for a certain time in the evening to make long distance calls because it was cheaper?