The Truth About Melchizedek

Ben Masada

So how does this make the Son of David, not the Son of David?

There are two applications for the expression "Son of David" in Israel. One is related to the size of the good one makes to another in Israel, homage is paid to him by addressing him as "Son of David" no matter which Tribe he comes from.

The other application is more to the literal character of the expression. Whether someone comes from the Tribe of Judah or becomes a king or Prime Minister of Israel according to modern times when the Tribal system has been canceled in the History of Israel.

Now, to be a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek was a Jewish expression to distinguish from being a High Priest according to the order of Aaron. It just happened that Melchizedek the pagan priest of the Canaanites was called Melchizedek but he had personally nothing to do with the Jewish meaning of being a Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. See how simple is the truth when it is out?

Ben Masada

1 - Paul does not teach "Believe and do nothing else", as most Christians wrongly teach.

2 - Paul teaches that the ceremonial works no longer clean anyone, as they used to do.

3 - Now only Jesus' blood cleans us...just by faith...just by believing it does.

4 - We no longer have to circumcise ourselves, observe special days, adhere to a dietary law, do various external washings, and sacrifice animals.

5 - Jesus now cleans us, by our faith that he does.

6 - Are you with me?

1 - Paul does not do any thing at all. He is dead. So stick him in the past because today even his memory is supposed to be forgotten. (Eccles. 9:5,6)

2 - No, they never did. Otherwise the prophets would not teach that the only way to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow is by repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

3 - No, it does not. If it did, Ezek. and Jer. would not say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Ezek. 18:20; Jer. 31:30)

4 - You never had to get circumcised, observe special days, keep Kashrut or any other thing of the Jews. You are not Jewish, remember?

5 - Yes, faith; that's the only thing you have. Otherwise, you can't verify any thing you say.

6 - All the way! Do you have any thing else coming?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I would like to remind you Oatmeal, that either for a great coincidence or on purpose, you missed three very important verses in your quotation above of John 8:37,39-40. I am referring to verses 31, 41 and 44.

In verse 31, John reminds us that Jesus was speaking to the Jews who had believed in him. Then in verse 44 he called the Jews who had believed in him children of the Devil.

Why, for heaven's sake! Some thing must have happened in verse 41 for Jesus to call the Jews who had believed in him, children of the Devil. Yes, you can bet your last pence that something did happen to make Jesus call the Jews who had believed in him children of the Devil.

It tuned out that those Jews who had believed in Jesus had probably grown up with him from youth and were aware of some thing about Jesus that the other Jews were not. They implied that Jesus had been born out of fornication as a result of a rape case by a Roman soldier. That's what to be born of fornication is all about.

That revelation must have been catastrophic to Mary since Joseph had probably already died and been spared that pain. Children! How could children keep a secret! But you don't have to worry about this find of mine in John 8:41 because I believe only 20% of the NT and that chapter of John is among the 80% I expurgate. I blame the Fathers of the Church in charge to select the proper text for the Canon of the NT for having missed such a big mine on the road.

Jesus was speaking directly to those Jews who become aligned against him, not the general population of Israel. The common people tended to favor the comforting words and ministry of Jesus.

No, it was those in authority who persistently sought to make trouble for Jesus, sending out spies, quibbling lawyers and such. Their father was "the devil". It was those in authority who used whatever political leverage they had at the time to convince Pilate to find some reason to condemn Jesus, just as the same kinds of people made trouble for every other prophet of "truth" who came before Jesus.

In short, those who sought the destruction of Christ then and work to undermine him today, are doing the "will" of the evil ones.

nonanomanon

male-lion-face-web-featured-speciesiStock_000012088835Large-lion-15-c.compassandcamera-.jpg

(God Saves 144,000 of Reuben before the Foundation of the Earth (66 Souls from Luke 3's Genealogy), and saves 1290 from the 144,000 of the Body of Benjamin (6000 Total)
1290 = 130 + 65 + 595 + 500
1. Man lived in the likeness of God for 130 Years (Gen 5:1), Gen 5:3 says Adam see's his own likeness after 130 years, so he is no longer in the likeness of God.
2. Enoch Walked with God for 65 Years (When he had his son, like Adam he was no longer in the likeness of God)
3. Lamech is in the likeness of the "Son of God", Noah for 595 Years (Gen 5:30) ... when Lamech has Noah, it is a picture of returning to the likeness of God.
4. Noah is already in the likeness of God, as a "Son of God", when Noah has his children at 500 Years of Age, this is a picture of returning mankind to the likeness of God.

Genesis 5 Genealogy are the Wise Virgins
Genesis 11 Genealogy are the Foolish Virgins, and are not Counted

God Saves 1335 from the 144,000 of Benjamin when God puts the 144,000 of Reuben into the Earth with Moses
1335 = 133 x 10 Commandments + 5 Months of Star Wormwood
EXODUS 6:18 And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel: and the years of the life of Kohath [were] an hundred thirty and three years.
NUMBERS 26:10 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.
DEUTERONOMY 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, [even] ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
NUMBERS 26:11 Notwithstanding the children of Korah died not.

the 144,000 of Reuben was cast into the earth, that is why the Gospel appears to invalidate the numbering of Korah in Num 26:11 which is numbered in Num 26:10 (which can be another name for Judah), because God is using this as a parable for the 144,000 of Reuben. This explains to us that the 1335 of Daniel 12:12, is a figure for heavenly salvation.

Moses Killed a Man (the 144,000 of Reuben in bringing them to the Earth)
Until Jesus is resurrected the 144,000 of Reuben remain dead in the Earth

God saves 1600 from the 144,000 of Benjamin (6000 Total), when Jesus returned to the Father in Heaven, returning the 144,000 of Reuben
1600 = 40 x 40
LUKE 9:33 And it came to pass, as they departed from him, Peter said unto Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias: not knowing what he said.
LUKE 9:34 While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

God appears as a fire for the 40 days that Moses goes up the Mountain, and Jesus appears as God, for the 40 days after he is resurrected after the Cruxifixion. God reveals that the 144,000 of Reuben that is recounted in the Genealogy of Luke 3, does not count, God the Father (Luke 9:34), Jesus the Son, Elias (Melchisedek or Christ as a High Priest, or Enoch), and Moses is not counted as a representation of the 144,000 of Reuben.

FOREVER AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHISEDEK (God takes 666, both the 144,000 of Reuben and the 144,000 of Benjamin, 666, or 66 for Reuben and 6000 for Benjamin)

(God takes 1775 of the 144,000 of Benjamin Completing the 6000 of Benjamin when the "Two Witnesses are Slain)
1775 = Melchisedek Giving Seed in the place of Abraham
LUKE 20:28 Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother

Moses took the 144,000 of Reuben ........ so he took a Wife, but he did not put any seed into that Wife, because Moses is not the Christ, or is he capable of producing Heavenly Salvation. Now Melchisedek/Christ took the 144,000 of Reuben after he arose from the tomb after the crucifixion, in order to bare seed. ................. Going back to Genesis to the creation account of the 144,000 of Reuben. Adam giving seed was counted as a sin, but Noah giving seed was counted as a blessing to the Lord. ..................... Now the Jewish people ask, that since the First Husband is dead (Moses), and the Second Husband is also dead (Christ Crucified), and behold there is a Wife, the 144,000 of Benjamin: THEREFORE IN THE RESURRECTION AT THE END OF DAYS, WHO'S WIFE IS SHE??????????? Jesus answers them and says, from the beginning I am the Husband, but because I will divorce the 144,000 in the name of Joseph, I suffered Moses to give a bill of divorce. SO WHEN I RETURN TO TAKE THE 144,000 OF BENJAMIN, I will return Moses to give the bill of divorce. (Jesus said he rebuked Moses for giving the Divorce in the Old Testament, but Jesus does not rebuke Moses anylonger for giving the bill of divorce at the end of time .......... we have less then 25 days remaining until more then 95% of human life on earth is terminated)

Revelation 15:3 says, Moses completes the Divorce between the 144,000 and Melchisedek, so that Moses is able to reign as a Fallen Angel in the place of Christ, and complete the Divorce of the 144,000 ......... which are attributed to Joseph or the 144,000 of Joseph when the 153 days begins. Article Link. Abraham's Age of 175 years because he had spoken to Melchisedek, and this was a picture of MARRIAGE ............. this completes the last figure needed to complete the 6000 that are saved from the 144,000 of Benjamin.

The point is that, according to Isa. 53:8,9 when Jews are forced into exile it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living aka the Land of Israel and graves are assigned to them among the nations. Now, for the metaphorical resurrection of Ezek. 37:12, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's all folks! Nothing miraculous to the truth. Then Paul came and added the resurrection doctrine to make it literal and to mess up with the Theology of Judaism. (II Tim. 2:8)

The Jewish people knew that Jesus saved people before the foundation of the earth under one program, which ended when he came as a "High Priest after the order of Melchisedek (to take the sacrifice and the offering of the lord, and to give in its place, the Bread and Wine of blessing).

The Jewish people also knew that Jesus had one program of salvation since creation had began ... ... ... ... if Jesus came as a "High Priest", when he came as a Man, then it would be the conclusion of the program under this creation, but instead Jesus denounces this conclusion (Luke 22:50-51, by restoring the position of the "High Priest" ... a position the Apostle Peter thought he was going to take) ... ... ... ... Jesus comes only as the Lamb Slain or the "Temple Stones" for "HALF A DAY, that is a part of the 3 days of darkness, to show the "Body of Benjamin", which he is now, or them made, at that time the he is placed the "High Priest" over. Before more then 95% of human life on earth is terminated. (Marriage by Fire is one of the mechanism in the end time, God uses to be more merciful to balance the books, but this apparently falls on deaf ears ... in the very least I believe we should be having a tsunami soon, to destroy a considerable level of people in that certain place, they have not repented of the sin of blasphemy of the Flight 370, so it will be time soon to obtain some level of recompense) (I believed previously that when the International Space Station fell into the earth, it would be a sign to the nations that the Marriage by Fire which entails Nuclear War would be satisfied, but, I've come to believe, the tsunami is more likely and soon to be done ... based on the fact that the multitude of Judah simply wants to cease, and be unprofitable, and God I believe will illustrate this fact to them ... ... ... ... tsunami is simply my version of a parable for Star Wormwood ... ... ... ... we have less then 25 days until this is done). (so we in part know what level of distaste, from the Gospel's implication of inc***, castration, the list goes on, so there are people motivated by their sin to imitate these as solution for putting the Antichrist down, whoever he is ............ we must not be ignorant of the fact that the lord uses the sin of the nations, to divide the Heart of Judah, and it will be too late soon, so we must give a small degree of blessing to the lord and forbear their sin).

Last edited:

God's Truth

You don't even know the degree of how messed up you are.
You describe your condition exactly.
Peter never said such a thing and do you know why? Because he did not write that letter attributed to him. Paul himself wrote it.

You really are unstable and ignorant if you think that I will believe you over God the Creator preserving His Word in the Holy Bible.

Do you wanna know how I caught Paul's with the pen in the pot? Thus: If you read I Peter 5:12, he is said to have used Silvanus, the scribe of Paul to write his letter. To believe that, you will only show that you don't know any thing about the real character of Paul. Paul would never allow his scribe to take dictation from an apostle of the circumcision!
There is only one gospel. What you say about Paul being a liar who deceived others into believing Peter wrote a letter in which he stands up for Paul is just insane.

God's Truth

1 - Paul does not do any thing at all. He is dead. So stick him in the past because today even his memory is supposed to be forgotten. (Eccles. 9:5,6)

You are ignorant, just as Peter says, 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

2 - No, they never did. Otherwise the prophets would not teach that the only way to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow is by repentance and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Obedience was obeying God, even obeying the ceremonial works as God gave to Moses.

3 - No, it does not. If it did, Ezek. and Jer. would not say that no one can die for the sins of another. (Ezek. 18:20; Jer. 31:30)

Those scriptures are about unwillingly being held responsible for another's sin.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

God came as a Son of Man to die for those who would believe.

4 - You never had to get circumcised, observe special days, keep Kashrut or any other thing of the Jews. You are not Jewish, remember?
First, you do not know if I am Jew or not.

Second, if ANYONE, Jew or Gentile wanted to be a child of God, all they had to do was get circumcised and follow the ceremonial works of the law.

Stop pretending that you are a Jew when you reject Jesus and are not forgiven because you have not come through Jesus.

5 - Yes, faith; that's the only thing you have. Otherwise, you can't verify any thing you say.

6 - All the way! Do you have any thing else coming?

You have not been cleaned, your sins are not forgiven, you are not reconciled to God, you are not an obedient Jew, and you are not a child of God.

If you reject Jesus then you reject the one who sent him, Luke 10:16.

You reject Jesus so you are condemned, John 3:18.

You must have faith that Jesus' blood washes you clean and reconciles you to God, 1 Corinthians 6:11.

Ben Masada

You describe your condition exactly.

You really are unstable and ignorant if you think that I will believe you over God the Creator preserving His Word in the Holy Bible.

There is only one gospel. What you say about Paul being a liar who deceived others into believing Peter wrote a letter in which he stands up for Paul is just insane.

From this post and on, I can no longer reply a post of yours with ad hominem. You are breaking the Golden Rule that says not to do unto others what you would not like they did unto yourself. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. I hope you should know about this personal insult.

God's Truth

From this post and on, I can no longer reply a post of yours with ad hominem. You are breaking the Golden Rule that says not to do unto others what you would not like they did unto yourself. The Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. I hope you should know about this personal insult.

I am not doing anything wrong. You are basing your whole beliefs on Paul being a liar, a homosexual, and a con man. That is what you have said about Paul and why you will not believe him.

nonanomanon

Why Melchisedek had to Die, Why Jesus had to die, and why the "Two Witnesses" have to also die

Moralized%20Bible%201220-30_zpsye4hngnx.jpg

God as architect of the world, folio 1 verso of a moralized Bible 1220 A.D.Article Link

Lets continue with a summary: The 144,000 of Reuben were saved all 66 souls by the "God Head", at the same time God took the 144,000 of Benjamin, and saved 1290 Souls recorded in the Genealogy of Genesis 5. However, God had to create Jesus, to complete salvation of the 1290 souls under the "144,000 of Benjamin". Which God had done, but in order to finished the process for those 1290 souls, God had to go on to make Jesus a "High Priest" .......... that is Jesus had to be the mechanism to translate the, redemption and sacrifice to the Lord, to a Blessing for the "Remnant of the 144,000". Jesus had to die as a "High Priest" in order to complete the heavenly salvation of 1290 before the beginning of time.

So when does the Gospel record that Melchisedek or Jesus as the "High Priest" had died the very first time?

I CHRONICLES 5:1 Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he [was] the firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.
GENESIS 11:18 And Peleg lived thirty years, and begat Reu:
GENESIS 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one [was] Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name [was] Joktan.

God finished the Heavenly Salvation of 1290, and God repents of this positions because he had to take the entire "144,000 of Benjamin" in order to do that, and he also had to appoint Christ as a "High Priest/Melchisedek". However, God is not finished with the "144,000 ... which are all the tribes, the "Body of Christ, which is the 144,000 of Benjamin and the 144,000 of Joseph (Star Wormwood) ............. So God establishes the Earth's Moon to represent the "12,000 of Joseph" or the "About 30" that overtakes the 144,000 of Benjamin. That is how God repented and in order to complete that Melchisedek had to die when the 1290 were taken, and a figure of 1260 is produced when you take away "about thirty from Eber", as a reference to the Earth's Moon, the "Month of Healing for the Nations", that is revealed when the 144,000 of Benjamin is completed. (paraphrasing 1Chronicles 5:1, the 144,000 of Reuben defiled God's Heaven, when God took the 144,000 of Benjamin to complete the first branch of the Heavenly Salvation program, but the Genealogy of the 144,000 of Benjamin does not go to Joseph, the blessing/birthright eventually goes to Joseph. When God created the Homosapien, the first batch of 1290 from Benjamin was already saved, before time as we know it began).

So When does the Gospel record that God appointed Moses as a High Priest in order to die, to save the second batch of souls?

EXODUS 2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that [there was] no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
REVELATION 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

(we have to distance ourselves from the human waste, we see parading about the righteousness of acts of terrorism or their alleged roots, in order to briefly lift up the Old Testament as the place of the Lord) Moses was a representation of the 144,000 of Reuben just like Christ was a representation of the 144,000 of Reuben, and Christ had to die to complete the 1290. Moses had to die as a "High Priest" over Egypt to complete the 1335, the next batch of Heavenly Salvation, because God appointed him to identify with the 144,000 of Reuben ............ which God placed into the Earth at the time of Moses's crucifixion and death, when God did that he had taken 1335 Souls from the 144,000 of Benjamin. ............. God repents from this position because the judgment of the 144,000 is not completed, by having Moses go on to live for 120 Years, thus satisfying the language of Judges 20:31, that says the 144,000 of Benjamin was repented of by "about thirty" ............... a figure linking the Earth's Moon of Joseph's 12,000 which is about 30 years to the completion of the 144,000 which happens at the end of time. (Moses could not deliver the Hebrews out of Egypt until God finished the judgment of the 1335 Souls by casting the 144,000 of Reuben into the Earth, at Moses's crucifixion ............ at the end of Moses 120th year, God simply takes Moses, and leaves him in the Earth).

So What did Jesus accomplish by coming as a "Son of Man", concluding with his crucifixion?

MATTHEW 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire:
MATTHEW 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
MATTHEW 27:3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Jesus did not come as a "High Priest", or as Melchisedek, because this would mean automatically the 144,000 of Benjamin was completed. Instead, Jesus has to die, he has to be crucified in order to return the 144,000 of Reuben. God had placed into the earth when Moses was originally crucified, when he had to step down as the Pharoah of Egypt. When Jesus is crucified and 1600 Souls are saved from the 144,000 of Benjamin, and the 144,000 of Reuben are returned to God. God continues to repent of this position, and uses Judas to give the "about 30" shekels of the 12,000 of Joseph which is "about 30", to the Church of Christ. Instead of repenting and acknowledging that the Earth's Moon is not time to transform, they throw the money back at Judas, and quickly put him to death, so as to concealed what happened, but what happened had leaked.

So When does Jesus finally return as a "High Priest" to claim the 144,000 of Benjamin ... ... ... ... and when does Jesus kill Moses to return the 144,000 of Reuben that has been place in the Earth since his Birth, to complete the 1775 Souls of the 144,000 of Benjamin?

1. (This Question is worth more the putting down a few thousands in a day walk or a night walk) Does Jesus claim the Body of Moses when the 12 Hours begins or when the 12 Hours ends?

Luke 2:42-43, says the 144,000 Body of Benjamin is revealed that is taken up with the saints, because the 144,000 of Joseph is not in view ............. John 7:22-23, says that this is the circumcision of Moses, because God appoints Moses as a "High Priest", to reconcile the "Marriage by Fire" and the "Sacrifice by Fire" at the end of time involving Nuclear Weapons.

2. Does Jesus Claim the Body of Moses when the "Three Days of Darkness Begins", since Moses has remained in the Heart of the Earth for the sake of Reuben, that is needed to complete Benjamin, and begin the final process to complete the 144,000 of Joseph?

1Thessalonians 5:1-2, says Jesus returns as a "High Priest", when the "times" of darkness begins. The "Half a Time" is not mentioned, therefore the "3 Days in the Heart of Darkness" of Matt 12:40 is in view, not the 12 Hours of Rev. 11:9 ................ it is for this reason that Rev. 11:9 says the bodies are not buried, simply because God allows a portion of Dan and Aaron to be killed, but God does not remove the Genetic Lines associated with Dan and Aaron as well as the other Genetic Line based tribes, and all human life outside the "Heart of Judah" at this time. Rev. 11:11 states, that the spirit of Star Wormwood comes down, to claim the bodies of the dead and to restore the bodies of the "Two Witnesses". The 12 Hours are disputed, that is why contradictory statement are made, this is to be done soon.

We have less then 22 days until Moses the Antichrist reaches 12,000 Days, or "about 30" of Joseph, and God begins to pour out the blessing, God does not repent anymore, or forever, of giving the blessing. (the level of force was better then the last time, there will be another 10 hour walk on friday or saturday this week, we talked about a tsunami, still no results yet, but at least we can perhaps destroy a few countries, based on the murder that is done, or otherwise the level of force that is done to the antichrist, whoever he is, we don't know) (if the 95% of human life on earth, truely will vanish soon, but if this is judged not to be important then they are simply blindsided, therefore in our continual provisions to them, based on the force, we should be with the nightly walks within 2 to three days after this week, to be consistent, but not over bearing).

Last edited:

Ben Masada

I am not doing anything wrong. You are basing your whole beliefs on Paul being a liar, a homosexual, and a con man. That is what you have said about Paul and why you will not believe him.

You do not understand what an ad hominem is. A personal insult, and a personal insult is what a poster says about another. Any thing against the religion of another is not considered an ad hominem; unless it is said with verbal indication that a poster means to offender another. I have nothing personal against you and you have for more than several times offended me with verbal ad hominem.

Ben Masada

The Truth about Melchizedek

The Truth about Melchizedek

The whole motif about Melchizedek originated in the proverb "After the Order of Melchizedek." If you read Psalm 110:4, the Lord has sworn and will not repent; you are a priest forever "After the order of Melchizedek." David was not from the Tribe of Levi wherefrom priests were made after the Order of Aaron. Since the Lord had sworn to make of David a priest forever, a proverb had been formed because he could not be after the order of Aaron. Hence, after the order of Melchizedek but only to distinguish his priesthood from the Order of Aaron. Hence, after the order of Melchizedek. Absolutely nothing to do with the pagan priest of the Canaanites who just happened to be called Melchizedek.

Why King David would be a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek if he died? Because he was only the type pointing to the archetype in his People of Judah that would be to the Lord a kingdom of priests and a Holy nation. (Exod. 19:6) So, what the Lord really sworn was that in David, his Tribe of Judah would be a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. David died alright but Judah has remained as a People before the Lord forever. (Jer. 31:36)

Bottom line is that, "After the Order of Melchizedek" was only a proverb to distinguish from after the order of Aaron which
was what the Tribe of David could not be.

God's Truth

You do not understand what an ad hominem is. A personal insult, and a personal insult is what a poster says about another. Any thing against the religion of another is not considered an ad hominem; unless it is said with verbal indication that a poster means to offender another. I have nothing personal against you and you have for more than several times offended me with verbal ad hominem.

What you said here is an illogical defense for slandering the Apostle Paul.

Apple7

An old article on this issue that I found handled the subject very well, despite its writer:

http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm...r/CT/HWA/k/745/Mystery-Melchizedek-Solved.htm

The Mystery of Melchizedek Solved!

by Herbert W. Armstrong (1892-1986)

FEW MYSTERIES of the Bible have attracted more interest than the mystery of the identity of Melchizedek. Who is he?

You will read in Hebrews 6:19-20 that Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, is High Priest "after the order of Melchizedek." The plainer English of the Moffatt translation words it: ". . with the rank of" that is, equal status with "Melchizedek."

Melchizedek Was God's Priest

First, notice from both Old and New Testaments that the man of mystery, Melchizedek, was a priest of the Most High God. Turn 'low to the account in Genesis 14. During the war between a number of ancient city-states in Canaan and Mesopotamia, Abraham's nephew Lot had been captured. He and his family and goods were carted off.

One of their number escaped and brought the news to Abraham, who armed 318 of his own servants and pursued the invaders to what was later named Dan and beyond. Abraham rescued Lot and his family and returned them safely to the Canaanite cities.

On Abraham's return a man of mystery bursts upon the scene. Abraham was ministered to by Melchizedek.

Here is the account:

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was priest of God Most High. And he [Melchizedek] blessed him [Abraham] and said, 'Blessed be Abram by God Most High, maker of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!' And Abram gave him [Melchizedek] a tenth of everything" that is, a tithe of all, for a tithe means a tenth (Genesis 14:18-20, RSV).

Notice that Melchizedek was king of Salem. That is the city of Jerusalem. "Salem" comes from the Hebrew word meaning "peace." That would make Melchizedek the "King of Peace" (Hebrews 7:2). The Hebrew name Melchizedek itself means "King of Righteousness" (Hebrews 7:2). The same individual is mentioned in Psalm 110:4. Speaking prophetically of Christ, David stated: "The Eternal hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This verse is quoted again in Hebrews 5:6, 10.

Before we turn to Hebrews for the identification of Melchizedek, remember that this mystery figure is a mystery only to us. Abraham and the King of wicked Sodom knew exactly who he was. They must have seen him before. He could not have been a Canaanite, for they were steeped in pagan customs. And furthermore Canaan was a descendant of Ham, whereas God basically chose the descendants of Shem to accomplish His work.

Then who is the mystery man Melchizedek?

One other hint before we proceed. The land of Canaan from ancient time, before the days of Moses, was known among the Gentiles as "the divine land" the Holy land" the land of the place of worship!" Why? Was there someone in the Holy Land who was divine, holy, worthy of worship?

The Mystery Clears

Coming to Hebrews 7, we find Melchizedek identified:

"For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace" (Hebrews 7:1-2).

Since God names individuals what they are, that, then is what this man is.. "King of Righteousness."

Think of it! King of Righteousness.

Jesus Himself said: "There is none good but one, that is, God" (Matthew 19:17). Human self-righteousness is, before God, as filthy rags. None can be righteous but God—or one made righteous by God's power—Christ in a person! And certainly none but One of the Godhead the divine Kingdom of God would be King of Righteousness. Such an expression, applied to any but God, would be blasphemous. Why?

Righteousness is obedience to God's Law. Since God made all laws (James 4:12), He is Supreme Ruler or King. He determines what righteousness is. "All thy commandments are righteousness" (Psalm 119:172). When speaking of one of the points of that Law, Jesus placed Himself superior to it. He is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28). No man is Lord or King over God's Law. Only God could be! All human beings have sinned and broken that Law of righteousness (Romans 3:23).

To continue with Hebrews 7. Note, too, that this man was King of peace. "Salem" from which Jerusalem was named means "peace." And remember, Jesus is called the Prince of peace! No human being could be King of Peace. Men know not the way of peace. Read Romans 3:10 and 17: "There is none righteous, no, not one.... And the way of peace have they not known."

Observe further: Melchizedek was "without mother, without father, without descent," or as the Phillips translation renders it: "He had no father or mother and no family tree." He was not born as human beings are. He was without father and mother. This does not mean that Melchizedek's records of birth were lost. Without such records human priests could not serve (Ezra 2:62). But here Melchizedek had no genealogy. He must not have been an ordinary mortal. He had no descent or pedigree from another, but was self-existent. Notice Paul's own inspired interpretation of this fact: "Having neither beginning of days, nor end of life" (Hebrews 7:3). Therefore He has always existed from eternity! He was not even created, like angels. But He is now eternally self-existing. And that is true only of GOD deity, not humanity!

Not the Father Nor the Holy Spirit

Yet Melchizedek cannot be God the Father. He was the "priest of that Most High God." Scripture says no man has ever seen the Father (John 1:18, 5:37), but Abraham saw Melchizedek. He cannot be God the Father, but rather, "made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually" (Hebrews 7:3).

And there it is! In the days of Abraham, He was not the Son of God, for He had not yet been born of the virgin Mary but He was made like unto the Son of God in His manifestation to the ancients.

Notice again: Melchizedek, this scripture reveals, abides that is, remains permanently, continually, a priest. God the Father is not the Priest of God, but Christ the Son is! Yet, in the days when the Apostle Paul lived and wrote, shortly after Jesus ascended to heaven as High Priest, the scripture states that even then Melchizedek "abideth "—which means does now abide—"a priest continually." The Moffatt translation states it: "continues to be priest permanently" even while Jesus Christ is High Priest!

And notice that the order of Christ's Priesthood is named after Melchizedek. It is the High Priest's name that is placed upon an order just as Aaron's name was upon the Aaronic priesthood. Thus Melchizedek was then High Priest, in Paul's day, and even now, and He will rule forever! And at the same time Christ was, is today, and shall be forever High Priest!

Are there two High Priests'? No! Impossible! The conclusion is inescapable. Contrary to many cherished man-thought-out ideas, Melchizedek and Christ are one and the same! Some people have stumbled on the statement that Melchizedek has no "end of life." They contend that since Christ died, He had an end of life! If that be true then Christ is still dead! But Christ is not dead. He is alive. It was not possible for Christ to be held by death (Acts 2:24). Melchizedek would never have fulfilled His office of High Priest if He had not died for the sins of the people and risen again. It is the function of the High Priest to lead the way to salvation.

Indeed, Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our salvation (Hebrews 5:9; 12:2). He is "called of God an high priest after the order of Melchizedek" (Hebrews 5:10).

And no wonder. Melchizedek and Christ are one and the same Person!

:up:

RevTestament

Nope. Wrong. Melchizedek was "the king of Salem" which was Jerusalem before being so named. Hebrews says he was made like unto the Son of God. What do people not understand about "like?" Why do they think God does not know what that word means? Jesus didn't say He was one like unto the Son of man. He said He was the Son of man. Just fyi, Moses was also a high priest, and no one is going to get away with saying he was Jesus - a type of Jesus in many ways, but not Jesus.

daqq

I don't know, if you ask me, where you guys got this idea from to define whom among the Jews confessed to believe in bodily resurrection and who didn't. Daqq, no Jew in Israel would confess to believe in bodily resurrection; and if you ask me, Jews of then and of today, except of the time of the witches because they also had to make a living, hence the witch of Endor of the time of king Saul. You guys are confusing literal bodily resurrection with metaphorical resurrection which is the return from the graves of the nation and back to the Land of Israel. That's the resurrection of the
"Dry Bones" quoted in the prophecy of Ezekiel in 37:12.

The point is that, according to Isa. 53:8,9 when Jews are forced into exile it is as if they have been cut off from the land of the living aka the Land of Israel and graves are assigned to them among the nations. Now, for the metaphorical resurrection of Ezek. 37:12, the Lord opens up those graves and brings them back to the Land of Israel. That's all folks! Nothing miraculous to the truth. Then Paul came and added the resurrection doctrine to make it literal and to mess up with the Theology of Judaism. (II Tim. 2:8)

You appear to be lumping me with the rest of mainstream Christianity. Where did I say bodily resurrection as you appear to mean it in the sense of a physical body? Surely you have read how Moshe and Eliyahu appeared in glory with Yeshua in the holy mount? That was before the resurrection of Yeshua. And how is it that Moshe was then in the land if he appeared in glory with Yeshua in the holy mount before the resurrection of Yeshua? And again, surely you have read also where Yeshua says to the Tsaddukim, "In the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of Elohim in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have you not read that which was spoken to you of Elohim, saying, "I am Elohey Abraham, and Elohey Yitschak, and Elohey Yakob"? He is not Elohim of the dead but of the living." (And the multitude were astonished at his doctrine; and for very good reason if one understands what he said). :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Just fyi, Moses was also a high priest...

Only the high priest went behind the veil on Yom Kippur and there was only one high priest.

Scripture says that Malkiy Tsedeq is the King of Righteousness who blessed Abraham.

Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better. Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. (Hebrews 7:7-8 NKJV)​

The word "lives" is present tense.

oatmeal

Mel was an individual who chose to serve God.

He had no genealogy recorded in scripture.

As Jesus pointed out to the religious elite who were biological progeny of Abraham, being the progeny of Abraham does not a believer make.

John 8:37,39-40

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

Mel's ancestorage does not determine his standing with God.

Even as our parents, our ancestors, our genealogy does not determine our standing with God.

Mel was a believer by his own choice.

Even as we are believers solely by our own choice.

No one, no one, no human needs a particular heritage, nationality, geographic location or any other human method of measuring greatness to seek and to serve God.

Believe God, put God first, keep God first and God will see to it that your desire to serve God well shall be fulfilled, even as He did for Mel

Abraham tithed of his stuff to Melchizedek because Melchizedek was the greater of the two for it was Melchizedek that was the priest of the most high God

Genesis 14:18

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

Therefore Mel blessed Abram as a action of Mel's priestly duties to a believer.

Genesis 14:19

And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

And in response, Abram gave tithes of all to Melchizedek.

Genesis 14:20

And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

That may help clarify the issue of who was who.

The Amplified version should be noted.

Melchizedek king of Salem [later called Jerusalem] brought out bread and wine [for their nourishment];

he was the priest of God Most High,

And he blessed him and said, Blessed (favored with blessings, made blissful, joyful) be Abram by God Most High,

Possessor and Maker of heaven and earth,

Who has given your foes into your hand!

And [Abram] gave him a tenth of all [he had taken].