The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Who was speaking to Israel in the Old Testament? If you divide God into three (or more) persons, which one was speaking? I can't recall any one of them where God identifies himself and says "I am the Father" or "I am the Son" or "I am the Holy Spirit" ... that just wasn't the form of address or introduction used. Are you thinking of something I missed?

God calls Himself Father in the Old Testament.

God's Truth

Fatherhood of God

Throughout the Bible we read that God is the Father Deuteronomy 32:6.

Deuteronomy 32:6 Is this the way you repay the LORD, you foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, who made you and formed you?

Isaiah 63:16

But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

God is called the Father of Israel Isaiah 64:8 ; Jeremiah 3:4 Jeremiah 3:19 ; Malachi 1:6 ; 2:10, and the Father of certain individuals 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles 17:13, 22:10, Psalm 89:26.

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chronicles 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

1 Chronicles 22:10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, 'You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.'

Sometimes the Father image is present, although the term 'Father' was not used.

Exodus 4:22-23 Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

and I told you, "Let my son go, so he may worship me." But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.'"

Jeremiah 31:20 Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him," declares the LORD.

Hosea 11:1-4 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is not a Man who became God. Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.

That is what you say, but that is not what scripture says. Jesus was made like us.

Hebrews 2:17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Jesus was made just like us and we are not the person of God the Father.

Jesus is the last Adam.

God's Truth

That is what you say, but that is not what scripture says. Jesus was made like us.

Hebrews 2:17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Jesus was made just like us and we are not the person of God the Father.

Jesus is the last Adam.

Jesus is not a man who was made God. Jesus CAME from heaven and was God and is God.

Revelation 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Apple7

You can't show a scripture that says plainly, "I Jesus am God."

I don't run from any of your questions.

Look at you run.

We already have a ready answer….it is you that can’t even make a concerted reply without deflecting.

Answer the question that was posed to you.

Simple.

God's Truth

I said your theory is sick. Who would marry their father?

It's against nature and God's law.

God the Father said he was our husband. You call it sick. It is not a theory, it is the written Word of God. It is the Truth.

Do you want to claim the scriptures do not call God a Father and a Husband?

Do you want to claim Jesus is not a Husband and we are his children?

lol

God's Truth

I said your theory is sick. Who would marry their father?

It's against nature and God's law.

God the Father says He is our husband:

God is our husband
Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jeremiah 3:14
"Return, faithless people," declares the LORD, "for I am your husband. I will choose you--one from a town and two from a clan--and bring you to Zion.

Hosea 2:16
"In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband'; you will no longer call me 'my master.'

God's Truth

The Bible says Christ is our Husband and a Father to us:

Christ is our husband

2 Corinthians 11:2
I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Christ is our Father:

See Deuteronomy 32:18. You deserted the Rock, who fathered you; you forgot the God who gave you birth.

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

See Revelation 21:7. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

God's Truth

Look at you run.

We already have a ready answer….it is you that can’t even make a concerted reply without deflecting.

Answer the question that was posed to you.

Simple.

I understand how hard it is for you to be shown scripture that God the Father is our husband, and Jesus Christ is the Father and our husband.

They are EXACTLY the same.

See scriptures in the above posts that I just posted.