The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Nope.
The Father was not baptized by John in the Jordan River.
The Son was.
And while the Son was being baptized in the Jordan River (as scripture says), the Father was speaking from heaven to His Son that was being baptized by John in the Jordan River (as scripture says).
The Son was not speaking from heaven, and the Father was not being baptized by John in the Jordan River.

The Father is the only God and He is the Father and He came as a Son in the flesh.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Father is the only God and He is the Father and He came as a Son in the flesh.

When are you going to rid yourself of this stupid thought. Why don't you just believe the Scriptures

Matthew 3:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus' body was raised and changed to a Spiritual Body.

'Spiritual' does not mean 'non physical'.
Paul uses the term 'spiritual' as juxtaposed with 'natural'.
He does not use the term 'spiritual' as juxtaposed with 'physical'.

In the beginning, GOD created the physical 'good'.
It is now subject to corruption.
Christ will restore the creation back to 'good'.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
'Resurrection' is the Greek word 'anastasia', which means literally 'to stand up', which in the context of Christ's resurrection means that the body which died on the cross and was dead, dead and laying horizontal literally stood up. This is Christ's resurrected body which does not have a discontinuity with the body which was physically conceived in Mary.

Your made up idea of Christ having a body before His conception is false and is akin to the Jehovah's Witness/Seventh Day Adventist teaching of Christ being Michael the Archangel prior to conception.
You are way off track.

I do believe what the scriptures say.
The word 'changed' is the Greek word 'allaso' which means to be 'altered'.
It doesn't mean 'disintegrated' and 'replaced'.

True!

His physical body, which was formerly capable of dying, was changed/altered and took on new 'spiritual' qualities, and now incapable of dying... among other qualities of which are beyond our knowledge.

Altered!

Not replaced!
:BRAVO:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When are you going to rid yourself of this stupid thought. Why don't you just believe the Scriptures

17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Because she hates the truth scripture presents and would rather stick with her own made up lies.

God's Truth

The Apostle Paul says that you have believed in vain/futility.
What in the world are you talking about?

1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

How goofy can you get? Where did I ever say that Jesus was not risen?

1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

I said that Jesus was raised.

Show where I said he was not raised.

You started to make up stuff all of a sudden.

Why is that? What has happened to you?

Peter concerning Christ's earthly resurrected body:

Act_13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption

According to your doctrine, Christ's earthly resurrected body was exchanged for a body which He had before His incarnation, therefore the earthly body had to suffer some form of corruption by disintegration, erasure, vanishing, hokus pokus, etc.

Huh? Where do you get that PAUL saying we shall all be changed int he twinkling of the eye is HOKUS POKUS?

You need to check yourself. How dare you call ANYTHING that Paul says as being hokus pokus.

Therefore, you do not believe in the core doctrine of Christianity concerning Christ's resurrection, never to die again.
According to Paul, salvation depends on believing it.

Jesus died and rose again in his flesh body. That body was changed to an incorruptible SPIRITUAL BODY.

How do you ever get that I deny that Jesus was raised when I have been saying he was raised?

Lazarus was raised but he was not yet raised incorruptible. Lazarus still had to die again. When he is raised at the RESURRECTION, he will be raised incorruptible.

Jesus is the first to be raised as such.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Huh? Where do you get that PAUL saying we shall all be changed int he twinkling of the eye is HOKUS POKUS?

You need to check yourself. How dare you call ANYTHING that Paul says as being hokus pokus.

Jesus died and rose again in his flesh body. That body was changed to an incorruptible SPIRITUAL BODY.

How do you ever get that I deny that Jesus was raised when I have been saying he was raised?

Lazarus was raised but he was not yet raised incorruptible. Lazarus still had to die again. When he is raised at the RESURRECTION, he will be raised incorruptible.

1 Corinthians 15:51New International Version (NIV)

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—

1 Corinthians 15:52 New International Version (NIV)

52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

God's Truth

Your made up idea of Christ having a body before His conception is false and is akin to the Jehovah's Witness/Seventh Day Adventist teaching of Christ being Michael the Archangel prior to conception.
You are way off track.

Jesus CAME FROM HEAVEN.

You are wrong to deny that.

As for the JW's, angels are SPIRITS but they are not the Spirit of God.

Can you think a little bit more before you say anything to me as a defense?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

And... you wonder why I often don't make the effort to respond to you!

Because it's a Herculean waste of time and effort!

:idunno:

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 15:51New International Version (NIV)

51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—

1 Corinthians 15:52 New International Version (NIV)

52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Steko, BR is showing you the scriptures I already gave you.

The word is 'changed'.

You are saying 'altered' and acting as if I said something wrong.

You are not right for arguing in such a way.

God's Truth

That voice was for the benefit of those listening.

What don't you get about there being THREE?

God the Father invisible. Jesus Christ is that one and only God the Father with a body.

You have to say the word 'stupid' so that we can see who has God's approval and who does not.