The Tree!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karstkid

JackRUS:

I went to the website you mentioned in your posting.

Quote:
"2.Can we today "continue steadfastly" in the Apostles' doctrine? (Acts 2:42-46) (Acts 4:32-35) (Acts 5:12-16)"

In the NASB it says "continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching." The Apostles teaching has been codified into the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The Apostles lived and walked with Christ.

Quote:
"3.When did Peter understand the doctrine of Grace that Paul taught? (II Pet. 3:15,16)"

These versed say nothing about Peter understanding grace for the first time. Peter understood Jesus love, grace, and forgiveness after he denied Jesus 3 times.

Quote:
"8.Why is no Gentile mentioned until Cornelius in Acts 10?"

“Parthians and Medes and Elamites, and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and £proselytes, 11Cretans and Arabs—we hear them in our own tongues speaking of the mighty deeds of God.”
Acts 2:9-11

"Philip went down to the city of Samaria and began proclaiming Christ to them." Acts 8:5

"But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship," Acts 8:26-27

Quote:
"12.Is there one proof verse that refers or alludes to the beginning of the Church at Pentecost? Is there more than an assumption?"

The ultradispensational framework that is foisted upon Scripture is a much greater assumption. No one believed it for 1850 years. Only 50 years ago Cornelius Stamm invented this Acts 9 beginning of the Church. Ultradispensationalism is of such recent origin that it is very suspect. I am not an advocate of liberation theology. It was also invented only 50 years ago. Liberation theology adherants have numerous biblical proof text to defend their doctrine. So, why should I believe your contrived framework over theirs? :)

Last edited:

JackRUS

karstkid .
Please define for me your definition of a 'ultradispensationalist.'

Are you talking about those that believe in the seven dispensations as it refers to God's treatment of man throughout the ages?

It would seem by reading your posts that you do believe in at least two dispensations concerning the Gospel, that being the OT and the NT.

Also, I wanted to mention that the post by Berean from the WM site may not be one that I adhere to completely at this time, and since he/she may be new to this site ( http://www.theologyonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8001 ), I fiqured that I'll let him answer to your replies. I was just curious really.

Regards,
Jack

Last edited:

karstkid

JackRUS:

Quote:
"Please define for me your definition of a 'ultradispensationalist.'

Most "dispensationalists" believe the Church began a Pentecost like the rest of orthodox Christianity believes. Moody Bible Institute and Dallas Theological Seminary are the sources of regular dispensationalism. "Ultradispensationalist" believe the church started with Paul in either Acts 9 (Stamm), Acts 13 (O'Hair), or Acts 28 (Bullinger). So, those dispensationalist not believing that Acts 2 is the start date for the Church are considered "extreme" or "ultra".

Quote:
"It would seem by reading your posts that you do believe in at least two dispensations concerning the Gospel, that being the OT and the NT."

Yes. Only the Old Covenant (Testament) and the New Covenant (Testament). Also, those in the Old Covenant were saved by faith not by the Law. They had to obey the Law, but they were not saved by the Law. See Hebrews chapter 11.

BTW, thanks for your kind post. Most posters are vicious and jump all over you in this forum. Unfortunate, if you appear weak they take advantage of that. For those tough ones I have to be at least equally tough back since they show no mercy.

Have a great day Jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.