The real cost to rid the world of Mystery Baboonalon

bybee

do you want to talk about don quixote?

We have....
We could....
But then, we would probably, again, disagree as to interpretation.
Suffice it to say that, perhaps, we agree that it is one of the great pieces of literature in the Western Canon?:think:

daqq

It weren't the Romans what were in the tree. It was them pesty Canaanites.

Do you mean the Philistines in the vale of Raphaim? :)

And the Philistines came up yet again and spread themselves in the valley of Raphaim. And when David inquired of YHWH, He said, You shall not go up: but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the weeping trees. And let it be, that when you hear the sound of ankle-chains in the tops of the weeping trees, then shall you bestir yourself: for then shall YHWH go out before you to smite the camp of the Philistines. (2 Samuel 5:22-24).

Wick Stick

I figure...

babylon the great - an establishment opposed to God

mystery - requires interpretation
seven hills - like seven horns, denotes a series of leaders
many waters - spread across humanity
trade - money changing
fallen - deposed
found no more - gone

here are the clues

Wick Stick

Do you mean the Philistines in the vale of Raphaim? :)
No, I mean the Canaanites that worked right beside the Israelites in the building of the temple (and other things):

1Kings 5:18
And Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders did hew them, and the stonesquarers: so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.

Wick Stick

what?

the whole thing is a mystery
and
you can do with it what you will?

how convenient
Lodge your complaint with John, or whoever you think wrote this.

This chapter has specific language which calls for interpretation. "Mystery" in verses 5 & 7. "Here is the mind which has wisdom" in verse 9.

I am not alone in this interpretation.

Jarrod

daqq

No, I mean the Canaanites that worked right beside the Israelites in the building of the temple (and other things):

1Kings 5:18
And Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders did hew them, and the stonesquarers: so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.

Without those workers no outsider gets in: 153,000 and 600, (2 Chronicles 2:2, 18, John 21:11) for the kingdom of the heavens is like a net, (Matthew 13:47-50). :)

Wick Stick

Without those workers no outsider gets in: 153,000 and 600, (2 Chronicles 2:2, 18, John 21:11) for the kingdom of the heavens is like a net, (Matthew 13:47-50). :)
I think we're the stones there, not the quarrymen.

And of course, no outsider gets in, save that he first is made an insider. "I will make you a father of Goyim" says God to Abraham.

Jarrod

daqq

I think we're the stones there, not the quarrymen.

And of course, no outsider gets in, save that he first is made an insider. "I will make you a father of Goyim" says God to Abraham.

Jarrod

Stones, pillars in the temple, (Revelation 3:12) workers, etc., but one analogy does not invalidate another in a "body" template with different "members" which make up the whole. Besides, some big fish have gold or silver coins, (Matthew 17:27) and precious stones in the belly but the captured carcass must be squeezed and put under great thlipsis before the head of gold comes forth from the mouth. But, yes, there will be no Canaanite in the House after that great day, (each in his or her own appointed times) like the Canaanite woman of Tyre, (Matthew 15:22-28) "O woman, great is your faith! so be it unto you even as you will", (and no doubt she was eventually grafted in, and no more a Canaanite, Zechariah 14:21). :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Stones, pillars in the temple, (Revelation 3:12) workers, etc., but one analogy does not invalidate another in a "body" template with different "members" which make up the whole. Besides, some big fish have gold or silver coins, (Matthew 17:27) and precious stones in the belly but the captured carcass must be squeezed and put under great thlipsis before the head of gold comes forth from the mouth. But, yes, there will be no Canaanite in the House after that great day, (each in his or her own appointed times) like the Canaanite woman of Tyre, (Matthew 15:22-28) "O woman, great is your faith! so be it unto you even as you will", (and no doubt she was eventually grafted in, and no more a Canaanite, Zechariah 14:21). :)

:thumb: :)

dialm

BANNED
Banned
I think I understand what you are saying, although not without a great deal of difficulty. I call myself a protestant Christian because I do reject the tenets of the Roman Catholic church. I am also a Historicist concerning eschatology. I do believe that little horn from Daniel 7 is the Papacy who made war on the saints and overcame them for times, time, and the dividing of time, (1260 day/years). I will be honest though, since I am an amillenialist, I am not sure whether or not the events described as the overthrow of Babylon the Great occured already in the late 17th and early 18th century. This is because in the description of Mystery Babylon she sits on seven hills while today the Vatical only sits upon one. The problem I have though with believing this overthrow already occured is because of how much power and influence she still has: which is astonishing and kept well-hidden.
Since I have lately started to think that Revelation is maybe not a chronilogical vision, but a group of visions describing the same events told in different ways and from different angles, then I am inclined to also believe it possible that the overthrow of Mystery Babylon and the consuming of Gog and Magog are one event together occuring at the glorious second coming of Christ.
Either way, it is prudent to say that old harlot has not changed her ways. Read the documents if Vatican II, the Codes of Canon Law, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church to see that she still opposes herself to God. She still thinks to change times and laws, and by her sorcery she has decieved the world. I don't hate Catholics. I don't hate Protestants or Evangelicals. I hate the enemy, Satan. He, by inspiring the doctrines of men that exault themselves above Scripture, intends to decieve men, slander Jesus Christ, and exault his own perverse philosophy. Jesus calls his elect out of her that they don't share in her judgement.
Let us all remain ever watchful with our lamps full of His oil, abiding in Him and His Word. Whatever else may come will. He is faithful and true: our King and High Priest. Let us heed His instruction, "But don't you be called 'Rabbi,' for one is your teacher, the Christ, and all of you are brothers. 9Call no man on the earth your father, for one is your Father, he who is in heaven. 10Neither be called masters, for one is your master, the Christ. 11But he who is greatest among you will be your servant. 12Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." God bless you.

Very good posting.

Did you know that Martin Luther had reservations concerning the book of Revelation? These reservations had nothing to do with his former life as a Roman Catholic priest. It was theological. I tend to agree with Luther, (as a matter of fact almost always) it is theological.

But when a Roman Catholic quotes Revelation I am abliged to quote back. The Romans discount Revelation on the assumption that church past practice is higher than any and all scripture. This idea while not without merit has some problems. Would you agree?

Wick Stick

Stones, pillars in the temple, (Revelation 3:12) workers, etc., but one analogy does not invalidate another in a "body" template with different "members" which make up the whole.
Of course both are valid. But which analogy does this passage belong to? I'd say it belongs more with "stones in the temple" than "parts in the body."

Jarrod

daqq

Of course both are valid. But which analogy does this passage belong to? I'd say it belongs more with "stones in the temple" than "parts in the body."

Jarrod

From where have you arrived to the conclusion that these 153000 are Canaanites? The "wily Hivites", (Chiwiy, Chavah, Evites) did indeed become hewers of wood and drawers of water, (Joshua 9:21) but the hewers in this context are both the men of Hiram/Huram, (from Tyre) and some of those from Israel. However the 153000 workers of Solomon are the NUMBERED of the strangers among Israel. They are called Geriim in the 2Chronicles passage which was referenced previously. Even to this day the Noachides who JOIN themselves to Judaism are called Ger, (Geriim, which to be clear has nothing to do with "Girgashites", which are Canaanites, which are devils in the doctrine of Yeshua).

2 Chronicles 2:17 KJV
17. And Solomon numbered all the strangers (Geriym) that were in the land of Israel, after the numbering wherewith David his father had numbered them; and they were found an hundred and fifty thousand and three thousand and six hundred.

But as for the work we have a primary commandment from the Torah:

Exodus 25:1-9
1. And YHWH spoke unto Moshe, saying:
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring Me an offering: of every man that gives it willingly with his heart you shall take My offering.
3. And this is the offering which you shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass:
4. And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and shesh-fine linen, and goat-hair:
5. And skins of rams tanned-dyed red, and skins of tachashim, and shittiim-acacia wood:
6. Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense:
7. Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
8. And let them make Me a miqdash, that I may dwell among them:
9. According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the Mishkan, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall you make it.

"Let them make Me a miqdash-sanctuary-temple, that I may dwell among them, according to all that I show you, according to the pattern of the Mishkan-Tabernacle."

And was Solomon not wise hearted when he built the temple? He says, YHWH has said that He will dwell in the araphel-thick darkness: and I have built an house of habitation for Thee and a place for Thy dwelling into olamim-forever." And then the king turned himself roundabout to face the people, and blessed the whole congregation of Yisrael, and all the congregation of Yisrael stood. And he said, "Blessed be YHWH Elohim of Yisrael", because even Solomon knew and understood that the people are the temple. Solomon never turns himself back around to face the newly constructed temple building made with the hands of men. Those who came to do the work became themselves the temple. Therefore "If you build it they will come", (the Father and the Son, John 14:23). And this is why Ezekiel states that the Father will be a little miqdash-chapel-temple for His people in all the places wheresoever they come; for the true people of Israel keep His commandments, which are Spirit, including Exodus 25:1-9 quoted above.

Ezekiel 11:16
16. Therefore say, Thus says Adonai YHWH, Although I have cast them far off among the heathen, and although I have scattered them among the lands, yet will I be to them as a little miqdash-sanctuary-chapel in the lands where they shall come.

But first the defiled miqdash-chapel of the old man, (Daniel 8:11) with fretting leprosy in its walls, (Leviticus 14:34-45, Zechariah 5:1-4) must be torn down and burned with fire, (Revelation 17:16). :)