The Politically Correct

Jerry Shugart

"“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” (Lk.18:9-14).​

Jerry Shugart

Coincidentally, I just saw this elsewhere earlier this morning:

You know what happened to "civility"? You called it "political correctness," and mocked it.

No, it is the politically correct people like Maxine Waters who is telling everyone who will listen to abandon civility.

Maxine Waters--the new face of the Democratic Party!

Arthur Brain

Could have fooled me!

You didn't notice all of the politically corrects who are crying crocodile tears because children were being separated from their parents at the border?

You've fooled yourself and you clearly don't have any idea of what constitutes "political correctness".

Here, let me help:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/politically-correct

I'm not averse to using language and terminology that may offend or annoy other's sensibilities, especially when they're puffed up, zealous cranks by way of.

:D

Jerry Shugart

Here, let me help:

Someone who is politically correct believes that language and actions that could be offensive to others, especially those relating to sex and race, should be avoided.

This is speaking about people telling others how they should behave because they think that they are more righteous than others might be. The Christian message sometimes offends others but I am not going to cease from preaching the gospel because there are some people on their high horse who say that I should avoid saying anything which might offend other people.

The idea of politically correctness is nothing but a trojan horse designed to shut up all discussion about things which are controversial. And in case you haven't noticed the biggest proponents of political correctness are the loudest voices in opposition to Christianity. When it comes to being politically correct about Christianity all of a sudden they couldn't care less about offending others.

Arthur Brain

This is speaking about people telling others how they should behave because they think that they are more righteous than others might be. The Christian message sometimes offends others but I am not going to cease from preaching the gospel because there are some people on their high horse who say that I should avoid saying anything which might offend other people.

The idea of politically correctness is nothing but a trojan horse designed to shut up all discussion about things which are controversial. And in case you haven't noticed the biggest proponents of political correctness are the loudest voices in opposition to Christianity. When it comes to being politically correct about Christianity all of a sudden they couldn't care less about offending others.

This is simply victim mentality and is noticeably prevalent among Christian zealots who make mountains out of molehills and think there's some sort of agenda to silence them. There isn't. As much as aCW's seven year train wreck of a thread about homosexuality is as bat crazy as it gets I fully support his right to air the thing and come out with all the garbage that he does. You're not being told how you should behave and you're not on the verge of being censored so enough already.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not averse to using language and terminology that may offend or annoy other's sensibilities, especially when they're puffed up, zealous cranks by way of.

:D

Nor am I ... a person's language magnifies who the person is and what they are about. Example ... when someone categorizes whole groups of people as "rapists and murderers", a debate over whether or not the person is a nasty racist is futile.

It's not about *political correctness* but rather about decency.

Arthur Brain

Nor am I ... a person's language magnifies who the person is and what they are about. Example ... when someone categorizes whole groups of people as "rapists and murderers", a debate over whether or not the person is a nasty racist is futile.

It's not about *political correctness* but rather about decency.

Oh, but some zealots can't tell or "choose" to somehow not tell the difference...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Could have fooled me!
Looks like somebody beat him to it. :plain:

You didn't notice all of the politically corrects who are crying crocodile tears because children were being separated from their parents at the border?
Anyone who isn't upset over that has bigger issues than some term largely concocted to whitewash poor upbringing and worse manners.

Jerry Shugart

This is simply victim mentality and is noticeably prevalent among Christian zealots who make mountains out of molehills and think there's some sort of agenda to silence them.

Yes, us Christian zealots are bad people because we actually care about the eternal destiny of our sisters and brothers. We defy politically correctness when we tell the unsaved that they are sinners in need of a Savior.

Unlike the politically correct crew who runs around telling everyone who will listen, "I'm OK, You're OK."

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Coincidentally, I just saw this elsewhere earlier this morning:

You know what happened to "civility"? You called it "political correctness," and mocked it.

Also covered under the guise of politically correct is having .... manners. Good manners have been replaced with crudeness, rudeness ... and mislabeled as "telling it like it is".

Perhaps it has more to do with not having an advanced or even moderate vocabulary.

Jerry Shugart

Also covered under the guise of politically correct is having .... manners. Good manners have been replaced with crudeness, rudeness ... and mislabeled as "telling it like it is".

I see that lately Maxine Waters, the new face of the Democratic Party, has been showing the fruits of her politically correctness!

Is that what the Dems call "manners"?