ECT The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I do not have to do anything that you say.

Are you blind? I have given you many scriptures.

Your gibberish speech is not supernatural.

What you have given is actually gibberish, Paul said "I would that ye did all speak in tongues" If you don't wanna that is your affair.

God's Truth

What you have given is actually gibberish, Paul said "I would that ye did all speak in tongues" If you don't wanna that is your affair.

Paul said that to the people DURING THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATION.

No one is speaking in tongues anymore as they did during the laying of the foundation.

You gibberish is gibberish.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul said that to the people DURING THE LAYING OF THE FOUNDATION.

No one is speaking in tongues anymore as they did during the laying of the foundation.

You gibberish is gibberish.

Not so Paul said "I have laid the foundation which foundation is Christ" that work was complete.

He established the body of Christ at Corinth, the assembly.

Now there are diversities of gifts but the same Spirit
and there are differences of administrations but the same Lord
and there are diversities of operations but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit.

To another the working of miracles to another prophecy to another discerning of spirits, to another divers kinds of tongues to another the gift of interpretation of tongues.

But all these worketh that one same Spirit dividing to every man severally as He will.

For as the body is one and hath many members and all the members of that one body being many are one body so is Christ.

For by the Spirit we are baptized into one body....we have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

You have to ask yourself whether or no you fit into this body of Christ which Paul speaks about.

God's Truth

Not so Paul said "I have laid the foundation which foundation is Christ" that work was complete.

The gifts, signs, and miracles were given during the laying of the foundation. Paul said that during the laying of the foundation. You were already given scriptures, but you did not acknowledge them.

God's Truth

You are a perfect waste of time, no scriptures just your opinion...I don't want your opinion.

shoo

Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

God's Truth

Clear off before I set the dog on yer......

No one can lay a foundation that is already laid (1 Corinthians 3:11 NIV). The gospel message has been given, the mystery has been revealed (Colossians 1:26 NIV). You are not one of the first people spreading the gospel during the laying of the foundation times. God is not testifying to what you are saying with sight to the blind, the paralyzed walking, and the raising of the dead (Acts 14:3 NIV, 8, 9, 10).

God's Truth

Explain how you think speaking in tongues and prophecies in your church help all to be perfect. None of your babbling, or any other person’s babbling is making anything perfect. Nothing your so-called prophets in your church are saying can help make everyone perfect. The only way people can help make others perfect, is when they speak what is already given to us, and that is the New Testament writings. When we have faith in Jesus' blood and obey Jesus is when and how we are made perfect.

Cross Reference

Explain how you think speaking in tongues and prophecies in your church help all to be perfect. None of your babbling, or any other person’s babbling is making anything perfect. Nothing your so-called prophets in your church are saying can help make everyone perfect. The only way people can help make others perfect, is when they speak what is already given to us, and that is the New Testament writings. When we have faith in Jesus' blood and obey Jesus is when and how we are made perfect.

You have faith in no one __ not even yourself.

God's Truth

You have faith in no one __ not even yourself.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

The nowadays tongue speakers today use their so-called tongue speaking for themselves and other believers in their church, they do not use it for unbelievers as the Bible tells us it is for. Do you see unbelievers coming to God because they hear foreigners to them speaking the words of God in their many languages? No. God can make anything happen, yet tongue speaking is not happening as it did when Jesus and the Apostles and Prophets were laying the foundation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 Corinthians 14:22 Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers.

The nowadays tongue speakers today use their so-called tongue speaking for themselves and other believers in their church, they do not use it for unbelievers as the Bible tells us it is for. Do you see unbelievers coming to God because they hear foreigners to them speaking the words of God in their many languages? No. God can make anything happen, yet tongue speaking is not happening as it did when Jesus and the Apostles and Prophets were laying the foundation.

I said
I don't believe you have a very good interpretation of that verse.
Tongues are a sign to the person the tongues are given to. Not to unbelievers outside the church. Many members of a church don't believe they have the Holy Spirit. when they speak in tongues then they believe they have the Holy Spirit. Tongues is one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
I don't believe you have a very good interpretation of that verse.
Tongues are a sign to the person the tongues are given to. Not to unbelievers outside the church. Many members of a church don't believe they have the Holy Spirit. when they speak in tongues then they believe they have the Holy Spirit. Tongues is one of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit.

The verse interprets itself.

rougueone

I have no experience with the Plymouth Brethren, but I do have experience being used in the gifts of The Holy Spirit. Every church I've ever been to, Pentecostal or otherwise, is different in what they practice in worship and trust of The Word of God. I attended one church where they handed out a bulletin to all visitors which listed what they did NOT believe in and upon having read about half of it I got my family up and we left. I've seen God do many signs, wonders and miracles but believe that He always saves His best for last. There are signs of revival all over the world, not the least of which is in China. I'm excited to think that we might be living in the end times.

Holy God is in China. God loves them as well.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Paul is perfectly plain in his teaching about tongues. In private prayer it is for speaking directly to God, in the assembly it is only of value when the gift of interpretation is used...in that case the value of tongues is the same as prophesying/preaching.....