ECT The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

This is the third and last time I'm answering you: God doesn't do parlour tricks.

If I asked you to give me a scripture would you call it a parlor trick?

You prove your prophecies are false by your answers.

No, I stated that your understanding of those scriptures is presumptuous. Tossing out prophets and apostles is just as foolish as tossing out pastors, teachers or evangelists. Thinking that God has 'done away' with prophecy due to misunderstanding Scripture is not a good thing. You need to read The Bible without your denomination telling you what It means beforehand.

Your false accusations does not the truth make.

oatmeal

As I understand it...

Foretelling vs. Forth Telling

Foretelling: Having insight from the Holy Spirit into a situation beforehand and declaring it.

Forth Telling: Having prophetic insight from the Holy Spirit about something that has already happened or is occurring at the present, and declaring it.​

Those are the two aspects of prophecy

Aimiel

Not only does The Holy Ghost lead us into all Truth, but He also shows us things to come. That is prophecy, whether you accept or understand that fact or not... it is still prophecy. The Gifts and Ministries of The Holy Ghost are still in operation. So are The Gifts God gave The Body of Christ: apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers and pastors. Most pastors running churches these days are not called to the office of pastor, but have either appointed themselves or been appointed for some reason or another. I've run across anointed teachers, pastors, evangelists, prophets and even apostles and there is no one more humble than someone called, anointed and appointed to one of the five-fold ministry gifts in The Body of Christ. It's a wonder, to say the very least.

God's Truth

Nope. Here's one: Genesis 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
You prove your lack of wisdom with yours. Neither do yours. :duh:

I asked for an example of a prophecy and you said it would be a parlor trick.

Aimiel

I asked for an example of a prophecy and you said it would be a parlor trick.
Yes. It would. God wants you to believe and when you DO you will see. You don't get to see and then believe. He doesn't work like that. That's why He had Israel wander around in the desert for 40 years, until everyone who came out of Egypt and had SEEN wonders and THEN believed would die off... He wanted to plant believers in Israel. That's how God works. He rewards faith, not sight. You live by sight. You live in a boat of religion. All you'll ever see are other religionists, who follow religianity. If you want to experience God, you have to get out of the boat of religion and walk on the water of your faith. When you do, you will find that He is your Best Friend, not your enemy. You're working against Him as long as you stay in that boat that men designed.

I don't see where you're very patient, wise or kind. God's Friends are. We treat one another more respectfully than that. We prefer to honor our fellow-Christian, rather than stand on their back and attempt to praise ourselves through our own lips.

I didn't think up what I just wrote to you. It didn't come from my head. It didn't come from my heart. The Holy Spirit authored it through my hands. You can either believe that or you can go right on stabbing other Christians in the back for believing and following God as they see fit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As I understand it...

Foretelling vs. Forth Telling

Foretelling: Having insight from the Holy Spirit into a situation beforehand and declaring it.

Forth Telling: Having prophetic insight from the Holy Spirit about something that has already happened or is occurring at the present, and declaring it.​
Shalom.

This is helpful.

I do not know that prophecy has to be in these two categories, maybe no categories or these are not the or two categories that prophecy needs to be in in order to understand, but I am certain that it has helped some people. I have had these two confused before and I know it is important to think rightly about what prophecy is and isn't.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

Yes. It would. God wants you to believe and when you DO you will see. You don't get to see and then believe. He doesn't work like that. That's why He had Israel wander around in the desert for 40 years, until everyone who came out of Egypt and had SEEN wonders and THEN believed would die off... He wanted to plant believers in Israel. That's how God works. He rewards faith, not sight. You live by sight. You live in a boat of religion. All you'll ever see are other religionists, who follow religianity. If you want to experience God, you have to get out of the boat of religion and walk on the water of your faith. When you do, you will find that He is your Best Friend, not your enemy. You're working against Him as long as you stay in that boat that men designed.

I don't see where you're very patient, wise or kind. God's Friends are. We treat one another more respectfully than that. We prefer to honor our fellow-Christian, rather than stand on their back and attempt to praise ourselves through our own lips.

I didn't think up what I just wrote to you. It didn't come from my head. It didn't come from my heart. The Holy Spirit authored it through my hands. You can either believe that or you can go right on stabbing other Christians in the back for believing and following God as they see fit.

You proved you didn't have the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Yes. It would. God wants you to believe and when you DO you will see. You don't get to see and then believe. He doesn't work like that.
What God says is that if you believe and obey, then He will reveal things to you.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

That's why He had Israel wander around in the desert for 40 years, until everyone who came out of Egypt and had SEEN wonders and THEN believed would die off... He wanted to plant believers in Israel. That's how God works. He rewards faith, not sight.

They wandered because they did not obey.

Joshua 5:6 The Israelites had moved about in the wilderness forty years until all the men who were of military age when they left Egypt had died, since they had not obeyed the LORD. For the LORD had sworn to them that they would not see the land he had solemnly promised their ancestors to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

You live by sight. You live in a boat of religion. All you'll ever see are other religionists, who follow religianity. If you want to experience God, you have to get out of the boat of religion and walk on the water of your faith. When you do, you will find that He is your Best Friend, not your enemy. You're working against Him as long as you stay in that boat that men designed.
I don't see where you're very patient, wise or kind.
Well that is not very kind of you.

God's Friends are. We treat one another more respectfully than that. We prefer to honor our fellow-Christian, rather than stand on their back and attempt to praise ourselves through our own lips.
So you are also a false judge and a hypocrite.
I don't see where you're very patient, wise or kind.

You are doing what the accuser wants you to do. You are doing his works for him.

oatmeal

It has often occurred to me that almost every truly saved Christian experiences or has experienced the Holy Spirit in some kind of communicative way as the Pentecostal/Charismatic experiences Him in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit.

All Christians receive guidance, a teaching, perhaps an admonition from the Lord. And they often testify to it.

They say stuff like "I just KNEW God wanted me to do so and so" or "God showed me something I was doing that displeased Him so I quit doing it" sometimes these intimations from the Lord are quite dramatic.

I was sharing with some dear Plymouth Brethren, some of the soundest bible believers in the body of Christ, PBs and sweet. Of course they were critical of Pentecostalism.

But I knew that part of their ministry are what they call Readings, where all the brethren gather to study a doctrine or subject [such as Abraham] systematically. They read a passage and then one by one the breths will give their insight into the passage, howsoever many brethren there are [the sisters do not speak.]

I knew that these contributions they believe came by direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit going from one to another, giving insight into the passage being studied.

But that is exactly the Pentecostal experience in the meeting, that is how the gift of the word of knowledge or word of wisdom is operated, even prophecy.

See when this illumination or guidance comes to evangelical christians in their private life, it may be a scripture is brought to mind, or just a thought or strong impression but the saint knows it is the Lord.

Often the gifts of utterance in the meeting comes in one sentence. But if it is longer then quite obviously it has to be dressed in way to make it suitable for sharing to the assembly....but still it comes to the one who speaks it line by line, one sentence at a time. This is the same when tongues are interpreted. You will just receive one line, when you share it the next line, then the next etc.

But it is still all operating upon exactly the same principle and in the same manner as guidance or admonishment came to the individual.

Or else someone may feel led to get up and go pray for a bro or sis.

The gift is eternal life.

What is commonly referred to as gifts, ie, speaking in tongues, etc are not gifts but manifestations of that gift of eternal life.

I Corinthians 12:7-11

The list is a list of the manifestations and the profit withal.

receiving a word of wisdom is profitable withal to receive because it is wisdom from above and it names a manifestation by the benefit, the profit of it.

receiving a word of knowledge is likewise profitable withal and the manifestation is thusly and appropriatedly named

Likewise the rest of the list, the profit withal is listed and the manifestation is named according to the profit withal gained by believing to utilize the manifestation.

The gift of eternal life/holy spirit/salvation enables all those who received the gift to profit withal in all nine ways.

The manifestation is the utilization of the gift, not a gift in itself

ZacharyB

... understanding that prophecies and tongues have ceased.
Yes, you do have understanding ...
understanding of cessationism!

There are several reasons why many churches believe
in the false doctrine of cessationism which states:
the baptism with the Holy Spirit (confirmed by tongues)
and the spiritual power gifts (1 Cor 12) have ceased.

oatmeal

It has often occurred to me that almost every truly saved Christian experiences or has experienced the Holy Spirit in some kind of communicative way as the Pentecostal/Charismatic experiences Him in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit.

All Christians receive guidance, a teaching, perhaps an admonition from the Lord. And they often testify to it.

They say stuff like "I just KNEW God wanted me to do so and so" or "God showed me something I was doing that displeased Him so I quit doing it" sometimes these intimations from the Lord are quite dramatic.

I was sharing with some dear Plymouth Brethren, some of the soundest bible believers in the body of Christ, PBs and sweet. Of course they were critical of Pentecostalism.

But I knew that part of their ministry are what they call Readings, where all the brethren gather to study a doctrine or subject [such as Abraham] systematically. They read a passage and then one by one the breths will give their insight into the passage, howsoever many brethren there are [the sisters do not speak.]

I knew that these contributions they believe came by direct inspiration of the Holy Spirit going from one to another, giving insight into the passage being studied.

But that is exactly the Pentecostal experience in the meeting, that is how the gift of the word of knowledge or word of wisdom is operated, even prophecy.

See when this illumination or guidance comes to evangelical christians in their private life, it may be a scripture is brought to mind, or just a thought or strong impression but the saint knows it is the Lord.

Often the gifts of utterance in the meeting comes in one sentence. But if it is longer then quite obviously it has to be dressed in way to make it suitable for sharing to the assembly....but still it comes to the one who speaks it line by line, one sentence at a time. This is the same when tongues are interpreted. You will just receive one line, when you share it the next line, then the next etc.

But it is still all operating upon exactly the same principle and in the same manner as guidance or admonishment came to the individual.

Or else someone may feel led to get up and go pray for a bro or sis.

Why don't you read I Corinthians 12:7

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Those are not gifts, they are the manifestation of the gift