ECT The most important thread I have ever started?

ZacharyB

Many years ago, I was warned about this passage by my pastor …
Matthew 7:
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name,
cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Benjamin Baruch (one of God’s last-days prophets/watchmen) says:
“Our nation is full of professing Christians, who assume they will go to heaven,
yet the Lord declares (see above) that many on that day will be cast out!
These poor souls were converted, and some had even done miracles in His name,
yet they never knew Him. Dear reader, ask the Lord to test your heart.
Do you know Him? Does His word abide in you? Are you abiding in Him?
Do not trust in the mere confession of faith, but see if you have the love of
the Father in your heart and the evidence of salvation, which is the desire
to please and obey Him as Lord … I asked the Lord what was different
about the many that did not know Him, but only knew His name.
He answered me saying,
“These are they who have never received of my character, and were never
changed by my words, and have never learned to walk in my ways.
To them I will say, ‘Lo Ammi. You are not my people.’ “

Quite a good example of this is seen here …

John 15:
1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away,
and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him,
bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire,
and it shall be done for you.
8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love,
just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

I see verse 21 below as a parallel passage to verse 10 above.
We are required to follow Jesus’ example of obeying God’s commandments,
which is perhaps the biggest part of overcoming, i.e. of being an overcomer.

Revelation 21:
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

I realize you (of the Laodicean church, Rev 3) hate all of these troubling NT
passages that warn about loss of salvation. And I realize that you prefer
Scriptures such as John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8, and etc.
But, please understand that there are many dozens of warning verses,
and the Lord insists that your co-operation with the Holy Spirit and
your obedience to His commands are required for salvation!

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:thumb:

Amen and amen.

What does this mean? Didn't you just say "truly and truly"?

As for Z....

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I was warned about this passage by my pastor …
:rolleyes:
I realize you (of the Laodicean church, Rev 3) hate all of these troubling NT
passages that warn about loss of salvation. And I realize that you prefer
Scriptures such as John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8, and etc.
But, please understand that there are many dozens of warning verses,
and the Lord insists that your co-operation with the Holy Spirit and
your obedience to His commands are required for salvation!
He commanded His Apostles to administer His Church. Listen to His Church for His will for you today, and not to that "pastor" you mentioned above.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Lessee now

John.15.1-2
I am the true vine and My Father is the Husbandman
every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away and every branch that beareth fruit He purgeth it that it may bring forth much more fruit

Taketh away does not mean send away, it does not say or mean damnation, God takes to heaven not God sends to hell.

v3
Now ye are made clean through the word which I have spoken unto you

NOW, this was their present case, not by anything they had done but by the word Christ had spoken to them.
If they had been made clean [if it were at all possible] by something they had done, then their status as being made clean was founded upon sand. But they were made clean by the word Christ had spoken to them, it is an ETERNAL work by the ETERNAL word...Christ hath spoken to US in the gospel

Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except ye abide in Me

The salvation question is settled now the Lord is speaking about bearing fruit. The problem with ZachB and his ill advisors is that at this point they fall away from the Lord, they were made clean by the word He had spoken, they were saved but now they feel they must be saved by their own doings, they start to look to their own selves and cease to abide [that is to rest] in Christ.

I am the vine ye are the branches, he that abideth in Me and I in them the same bringeth forth much fruit for without Me ye can do nothing

I find those that do not abide in Christ, far from doing nothing, do a great deal it is all activity with them, like meshak and ZachB they are always advocating doing something, and they are very busy flogging everyone else along, in fact this is their activity, they have ceased to abide [rest] in Christ, they have ceased to bear fruit, now they are on our case...they blame the church.

Instead of gathering they begin to scatter.

If a man abide not in Me he is cast forth as a branch and is withered and men gather them and cast them into the fire and they are burned

First the Lord addressed salvation, then He addressed fruitfulness, these are for those who were made clean by His word and for those who abide in Him. Now He addresses those who do not abide Him, the lost. Notice straight away He no longer says ye, He no longer speaks in terms of being "in Him," He no longer speaks of being "in you" He speaks impersonally

If a man abide not in Me, the unsaved man, he has not been made clean by the word which Christ has spoken. These are not "taken away" of the Father they are "cast forth" to be burned

If ye abide in Me and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is My Father glorified that ye bear much fruit, so shall you be My disciples

Oft times good folk are abiding in Christ but ALL His words do not abide in them, if His words concerning healing or abundant provision or deliverance from evil, total victory do not abide in you....if those words have been robbed from you by doctrines, traditions of men, how will you have faith to ask in His name?

9-10

As the Father hath loved Me so have I loved you. Continue in My love.
If you keep My commandments you shall abide in My love even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love

The Father loves the Son with an EVERLASTING love, Christ loves YOU with an everlasting love

These things have I spoken unto you that My joy might remain in you and that your joy might be full

How little ZachB, meshak or LA speak of joy, Jesus speaks these words to US today, if you believe them if you hold on to them, [that is abide in them] you will know this fullness of joy.

This is My commandment that ye love one another as I have loved you

We have heard so much about keeping Christ's commandments, there is only one. Love one another as I have loved you. If there is one thing these folks don't do it is this, they don't love the brethren, the church.

They do not even have any comprehension of the church, they see it as some great mega structure and do not see it as ordinary folks, struggling, folks.

Weak folks, poor, foolish, a people who God has promised to be MIGHTY on their behalf and who IN THEM is indeed mighty according to their faith

turbosixx

John.15.1-2
I am the true vine and My Father is the Husbandman
every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away and every branch that beareth fruit He purgeth it that it may bring forth much more fruit

Taketh away does not mean send away, it does not say or mean damnation, God takes to heaven not God sends to hell.

I'm not sure I understand your point here. Are you saying God kills those who are in Chrst but do not bear fruit? Until Christ comes back the only way for us to get to Heaven is to die.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm not sure I understand your point here. Are you saying God kills those who are in Chrst but do not bear fruit? Until Christ comes back the only way for us to get to Heaven is to die.
It may mean take away from the assembly...just look at how many unchurched Christians there are.

But yes in some cases [extreme cases] God does take people home. Paul warns about those who discerned not the Lord's body who sleep....

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Lessee again

Matt.8.22-23

Many will say unto Me in that day "Lord, Lord have we not prophesied in Thy name and in Thy name cast out devils and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

And then I will profess unto them I knew you, depart from Me ye workers of iniquity"

This is the most taken out of all contexts scripture that I know of...It cannot POSSIBLY mean what ZachB says it means or his Benjy Baruch says

Just back up to verse 15
Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves
By their fruits ye shall know them, do men gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles?

Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit,18. A good tree CANNOT bring forth evil fruit neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire.

Wherefore by their fruit you shall know them.

To cast out devils is a good work, to preach in Jesu's name is a good work, it is the will of the Father, it is what Jesus sent us forth to do in the great commission. When the Lord heard about some who preached and cast out devils in His name but who followed Him not He said "forbid them not for they that be not against us are for us"

It is IMPOSSIBLE TO DO THESE THINGS EXCEPT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

These people SAID that they cast out devils etc that does not mean that they did actually cast out devils or preach in Christ's name. They are probably professors but not possessors

They belonged to denominations which did those things, "did not we Baptists? did not we Presbyterians etc" but they themselves were not saved

ZacharyB

All I do is quote many dozens of NT Scriptures of dire warnings.
All many others do is speak against these NT Scriptures.
They prefer to ignore them, and trust in their fav ones.

ALL of the NT Scriptures must be reconciled,
if one wants to understand the whole Truth.
This I have done ...
but the deplorable Laodicean church rejects spiritual Truth.
Thus, Jesus will vomit them out of His mouth (Rev 3).
This is just another warning that they are not going to heaven.

Those teaching against God's revealed spiritual Truth
will receive the greater condemnation ...
t'would be better had dey never were born!

theophilus

All I do is quote dozens of NT Scriptures of dire warnings.

This I have done ...

Some of us "cherry pick" scriptures instead of heeding the "whole counsel of God."

:think:

(glad you didn't really leave...:D)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
All I do is quote many dozens of NT Scriptures of dire warnings.

This I have done ...
This is just another warning that they are not going to heaven.

Those teaching against God's revealed spiritual Truth
will receive the greater condemnation ...
t'would be better had dey never were born!

Are you an overcomer Zach ?

Cross Reference

Some of us "cherry pick" scriptures instead of heeding the "whole counsel of God."

:think:

(glad you didn't really leave...:D)

Some questions out of my curiousity locker:

1. Are you married?
2. Are you young or old? And in the Lord, how old?
3. Have you ever heard of Oswald Chambers?
4. What Bible is the one you most gravitate to? And Commentaters/helps, which ones?

It would be a help to me if I knew. Maybe a help also to you. PM me if necessary. Thank you.

theophilus

Some questions out of my curiousity locker:

1. Are you married?
2. Are you young or old? And in the Lord, how old?
3. Have you ever heard of Oswald Chambers?
4. What Bible is the one you most gravitate to? And Commentaters, which ones?
It would be a help to me if I knew. PM me if necessary. Thank you.

1. Yes.
2. Old. In the Lord, old but ever new.
3. Yes. I have two of his books at home.
4. NASB and KJV.

And I wouldn't PM you for all the gold in California.

I have told you things in PM that you deny saying and you lie about what I did say.

Maybe you should check your meds?

musterion

Benjamin Baruch (one of God’s last-days prophets/watchmen)

http://www.benjaminbaruch.net/about-the-author.html

Here's what he says about one of his books:

The Remnant Shall Return was written to unveil the sealed mysteries of the Holy Scriptures, so that you may understand and thus be found among those who are counted worthy to escape all these things; so that you may stand before the Son of man, and be numbered among those whom He calls His “remnant.”

Baruch claims his books were written under inspiration of the Holy Spirit and, like you, teaches salvation by works. That reveals him to be a teacher of doctrines of demons, as you are. You have not the discernment to see this because you, too, are in unbelief.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
ZachB

So you think Christ's message to the Laodicean faithful one [you I spose] is to come out of her.

He does not say come out of her.

He says "if any man hear My voice and open the door I WILL COME IN to him...."

I tell you again all ministry is to the body, apart from the body of Christ you can do nothing, any gift is meaningless. You can evangelise and set up an assembly....I kinda think you yourself are too fallen for that.