The Missing Gap in Genesis

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speak for yourself!

Stuart

I think he means, try understanding every sentence in the books of Daniel and Revelation. Good luck! I know a lot of it, but not even everything. Nice to see you back again. Where have you been??

Warm Wishes,

Michael

:angrymob:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
yes, and i was thinking, as i try to simplify to help comprehend creation.
in a nutshell, Evolutionists think everything is billions of years old, that everything just worked out this way, and even though there have been multiple mass extinctions over these billions of years, that somehow some critters survived and morphed into mankind.

now THAT is faith !!!! the wrong kind, but wow, it takes more blind faith in fantasies, than to know God and His Son Jesus Christ Our Lord and Saviour -

How old do you understand the earth to be and why?
Are you suggesting that there have not been mass extinctions? Why is it that most scientists (and I would suggest all who really study the issue) accept the fact of mass extinctions at various times?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The point I tried to make is that we have no clue how long the first days were. It is unknowable.

The first days that Adam was on the evolved Earth were like any other days. The ancient story used by the Hebrews to write their exaggerated history confused the first 7 days Adam and Eve were on the Earth, surveying the garden prepared for them with a singular creation event. That is why simple physics don't match the story.

Genesis was written by Holy men in an enchanted age for the child like minds of the common, illiterate Israelite.

Stuu

I think he means, try understanding every sentence in the books of Daniel and Revelation. Good luck! I know a lot of it, but not even everything.
Well yes, and Judges.

But I think you can understand every bit of scripture in a general psychological or sociological sense.

Nice to see you back again. Where have you been??

Warm Wishes,

Michael

:angrymob:
Thanks!

Stuart

6days

You don't actually know anything about evolution by natural selection, do you.

Stuart
It would seem most evolutionists don't understand that natural selection only eliminates pre-existing information.

"Negative frequency dependant selection) is one of the few forms of natural selection that can act to preserve genetic variation,[/b]most forms of natural selection lead to the loss of genetic variation as unfit alleles are "weeded out" of the population."
http://www.uic.edu/classes/bios/bios101/Selexio.htm

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Gen. 1:4 " God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day."
24 hour days

Jonah 3:4 "Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown."
24 hour days

Joshua 6:3 " You shall march around the city, all you men of war; you shall go all around the city once. This you shall do six days."
24 hour days

Ex. 20:11 "For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them"
24 hour days

Keypurr.... throughout scripture whenever a number is associated with the word day, it refers to a 24 hour day. Throughout scripture...every single time the word 'day' is associated with the word .evening' or morning, it ALWAYS refers to a 24 hour day.

Jesus "'God made them male and female' from the beginning of creation"

Ok, you have a point.

How about when Peter says one day is a thousand years?

It is written the same in the OT too.

6days

Ok, you have a point.

How about when Peter says one day is a thousand years?

It is written the same in the OT too.

Yes...and a thousand years as a day.
The Hebrew word "Yom" meaning day, is always understood by context... the same as in English.
I could say... 'Back in the day when Meshak was a teenager, she spent 10 straight days, cleaning fish during the day'.

The word day has 3 different meanings all within one sentence yet its easy to understand because of context. Likewise in the Hebrew... when a number is associated with the word 'yom' / day; it always refers to a normal 24 hour day. (like 10 days in above sentence).

The verse you use is also easy to understand in context. God is not telling us that words are meaningless. For example, Christ was not in the tomb for 3 eras, or 3 long periods of time. It was 3 days.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
It would seem most evolutionists don't understand that natural selection only eliminates pre-existing information.

"Negative frequency dependant selection) is one of the few forms of natural selection that can act to preserve genetic variation,[/b]most forms of natural selection lead to the loss of genetic variation as unfit alleles are "weeded out" of the population."
http://www.uic.edu/classes/bios/bios101/Selexio.htm
were those unfit alleles all present at creation?

exminister

Most people think it was a matter of days only since it seems the children were born after Eden.

Is it possible it was not days? Adam had to name lots of animals.
The Bible is a real short book considering it covers even 6000 years. Could the brevity be misleading?

Did aging start in those 6 days or when sin entered the world?
We do live such short lives and that can skew our thinking as well. When we are children a day seems sooooo long because we haven't lived many of them. As we age we cannot believe how fast a year goes by.

I just wonder if Adam and Eve lived a very long period before they sinned and then aging began. Also God blocked conception until sin entered the world.

Last edited:

Base12

BANNED
Banned
Luke 4:20
"And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him"

Luke 4:21
"And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears"

Oh look, Jesus is teaching us that there's a 'Gap' in the middle of a verse.

Move-Along.jpg

So now that we know Jesus taught "Gap Fact", let's see what happens when we finally reach the other half of the sentence...

Isaiah 61:2
"To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn"

The day of vengeance?!?

What does that look like?

Jeremiah 4:23
"I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light"

Where have we heard that before?

:sheep:

StanJ

I would have to disagree with the comments about what formless and void mean. It was not denoting judgment but transformation. The key to prophesying is hidden in plain sight here. Formless means it didn't have the image or form of the Son yet, and void means it didn't have the Ruach HaKodesh (Spirit) yet. In other words, it was an empty vessel without His nature or anointing yet.

What He does with the earth in Gen. 1 is a macrocosm for what He does with our "earth" (Adam taken from the dust of the earth), which is the microcosm. The Ruach Hakodesh moving upon the face (face denotes nature) of the waters (waters denote spirit and peoples), means He is changing the nature to conform it into His nature and form.

The true meaning of to prophesy is to call those things that are not as thought they were. That's the sovereign King realm; He speaks and things happen without any resistance. When the Ruach HaKodesh moves upon the face of OUR waters, He is changing our nature and giving us more of His form. This is the action of Him increasing as we decrease. Saul said that he was willing to stay with one of the churches until "Christ be FORMED in them."
Peace

What it depicts is the instant after Gen 1:1. Formless and empty is taken care of in verses 3-27.

There's no prophesy in Gen 1, just historical fact.

Stuu

The short answer is "no".
So you believe in mutation as real.

And, correct me if I am wrong, you believe natural selection happens
(hence your acceptance of 'microevolution').

And you believe in the massive rate of evolutionary change that took a boat full of animal species from a few thousand years ago to the present range of their decedents.

All I can conclude is you refuse to acknowledge evolution by natural selection on two grounds:

1. You deny that any mutation could possibly be beneficial, which is obviously ridiculous.

2. You deny that the earth has a billions of years long history. You would think me mad to deny that the incidents of the 11th of September took place in New York. That is exactly how others feel about your denial of history. I assume you know why YECs believe the earth is only a few thousand years old.

That's all that stops you from understanding natural history. And you have no good reason for either denial.

Stuart

6days

Is it possible it was not days? Adam had to name lots of animals.
Adam named the animals on the 6th day. (Not all animals)
The Bible is a real short book considering it covers even 6000 years. Could the brevity be misleading?
No.
Did aging start in those 6 days or when sin entered the world?
After sin.
The curse involved immediate spiritual death, and a PROCESS of physical death. The Hebrew translation of what God said to Adam could be 'dying, you shall die'.

I just wonder if Adam and Eve lived a very long period before they sinned and then aging began. Also God blocked conception until sin entered the world.
Go blocked conception? No... He said "Be fruitful and increase in number"
Now..... imagine.... 2 naked married people both with perfect bodies. And yet no kids till after Eden? Me thinks they likely did not spend many days in paradise, but I could be wrong.

6days

So you believe in mutation as real.
And, correct me if I am wrong, you believe natural selection happens
(hence your acceptance of 'microevolution').
I've not used 'microevolution' as a term. However I do believe God created organisms with the ability to rapidly adapt and survive to changing conditions.
Yes, mutations happen. And yes natural selection sometimes removes pre-existing information from a populations. It never create
And you believe in the massive rate of evolutionary change that took a boat full of animal species from a few thousand years ago to the present range of their decedents.
You misstate things a bit. The ship Noah built had a rail car capacity of about 550. That certainly is big enough to have had 2 of every kind of animal.
And yes, diversity within genomes would allow for lots of diversity in a short period. (Dogs are a good example)
All I can conclude is you refuse to acknowledge evolution by natural selection on two grounds:
1. You deny that any mutation could possibly be beneficial, which is obviously ridiculous.
In some rare instances, mutations have a beneficial outcome, but through a loss of preexisting info. For example... a loss of specificity to an enzyme might have a benefit.
2. You deny that the earth has a billions of years long history. You would think me mad to deny that the incidents of the 11th of September took place in New York.
Certainly I would think you are at the least in denial.
Likewise, when you deny God's Word, I think you are in denial.

6days

Base12 said:
Jeremiah 4:23
"I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light"

Where have we heard that before?

:sheep:
Jeremiah used the term from day 1 in Genesis when the earth did not yet have features such as mountains, canyons, lakes etc...The earth at that point was formless and still empty / void. But over the next few days, God continues to form and fill that earth