ECT The main prophets point beyond the land

Interplanner

Jeremiah does sound like the land is attached to the new covenant in 23-33. But that is only if THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS is limited to just Israel.

Isaiah's vision is worldwide. "It is too small a thing for (my Servant) to restore Israel; I will make him a light for the nations." This is repeated in many ways. Acts 13's sermon refers to this one in its follow-up chat.

Daniel is slightly different again. In 9, He is the one who thinks that the nation should be restored for being repentant of its sins. But the answer is that it will be ruined. So much for that! At the same time, though, Messiah accomplishes the 6 things listed in connection with his death. It is the leader of rebellion who ruins the country.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gentiles can indeed come to God, after blessing Israel. That was before the dispensation of grace, and Gentiles coming to God through the fall of Israel.

Danoh

Jeremiah does sound like the land is attached to the new covenant in 23-33. But that is only if THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS is limited to just Israel.

Isaiah's vision is worldwide. "It is too small a thing for (my Servant) to restore Israel; I will make him a light for the nations." This is repeated in many ways. Acts 13's sermon refers to this one in its follow-up chat.

Daniel is slightly different again. In 9, He is the one who thinks that the nation should be restored for being repentant of its sins. But the answer is that it will be ruined. So much for that! At the same time, though, Messiah accomplishes the 6 things listed in connection with his death. It is the leader of rebellion who ruins the country.

Cute - your vain correcting of Jeremiah's and Daniel's understanding on these matters :chuckle:

Interplanner

The way Paul uses Christ is our righteousness is enough 'correction' (the land matters not) and Daniel's is perfectly clear.

Those who became missionaries for the Gospel in that generation understood why the land did not matter, like Hebrews says. They could gladly accept that their property was being confiscated--by zealots.

Danoh

The way Paul uses Christ is our righteousness is enough 'correction' (the land matters not) and Daniel's is perfectly clear.

Those who became missionaries for the Gospel in that generation understood why the land did not matter, like Hebrews says. They could gladly accept that their property was being confiscated--by zealots.

Where do you see this mission you speak of during both their Babylonian captivity and scattering, and during the centuries long period of silence before the events of Matthew unfold?

Interplanner

Where do you see this mission you speak of during both their Babylonian captivity and scattering, and during the centuries long period of silence before the events of Matthew unfold?

No, no, no. I'm talking about the people Christ trained and sent. When he got 70 trained he said they (the 70!!!!) should pray that there would be workers to be sent out. So do the math. How many missionaries is that by the time he does the post Res seminar on what the Bible means? At 2 each its 221 (70 + 140 + 11). Plus Paul and all his. To reach the known world in that generation, as the prophets said would happen.

Danoh

No, no, no. I'm talking about the people Christ trained and sent. When he got 70 trained he said they (the 70!!!!) should pray that there would be workers to be sent out. So do the math. How many missionaries is that by the time he does the post Res seminar on what the Bible means? At 2 each its 221 (70 + 140 + 11). Plus Paul and all his. To reach the known world in that generation, as the prophets said would happen.

It was a rhetorical question, mr. no, no, no. As I am well aware you haven't a clue.

SaulToPaul 2

Why not accept that there's an earthly inheritance, a Holy City which comes down from heaven, and heaven itself as an inheritance? Find out which inheritance is for you.

Will your religious world crumble to ashes if you accept it?

Then you can cease kicking against the pricks.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep.

Christ Jesus is the Promised Land.

Land in the Middle East holds no place in God's plan for the future.

(John 12:31-32) Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.

The people aren't drawn to some land in the Middle East, they are drawn to Christ Jesus.

(Gen 49:10) The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

That's what the scripture says.

First the prophecy:

(Gen 49:10) The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Then the fulfillment in Christ Jesus:

(John 12:32) And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.

Notice Jesus didn't say anything about coming back down to earth, then gathering a certain people to land in the Middle East.

Jesus specifically said when He is lifted up FROM THE EARTH, then He would gather ALL people to Himself.

Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets. He is the promised land.

SaulToPaul 2

That's what the scripture says.

First the prophecy:

Then the fulfillment in Christ Jesus:

(John 12:32) And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.

Notice Jesus didn't say anything about coming back down to earth, then gathering a certain people to land in the Middle East.

Jesus specifically said when He is lifted up FROM THE EARTH, then He would gather ALL people to Himself.

Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets. He is the promised land.

Matthew 25, all nations gathered before him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Matthew 25, all nations gathered before him.

That's a parable.

(Matt 25:33 KJV) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

HINT: It's not literal sheep that get placed on the right and literal goats on the left.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, that settles it, I guess.

Here is what Jesus said:

You're trying to refute the words of Jesus with a parable, by taking the parable literally.

Why not take the words of Jesus literally in John 12:32?