The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
A recent Homeland Security study concluded the real danger is homegrown citizens who have been radicalized within their own borders - the British Masood would fall into that category!

Trump's travel ban wouldn't have prevent this attack - if a recent Muslim immigrant had been the perpetrator, you can be assured that our conservative "friends" would have shouting "I told you so" from the rooftops!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
How does it follow my observation that you cannot protect people absolutely where there are those willing to sacrifice their own lives in taking others? I mean other than the fact that you literally wrote it following my remark. :plain:

so you can't say one way or the other whether or not kahn did a good job

so what's your beef with trump jr?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
ahh - i see what you mean

i don't hold kahn to anything - i'm not a londoner

and i don't expect much from trump - keep hoping he'll get hisself impeached asap

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
is anybody claiming that it would have?
We know that "ok doser" was amongst the first in line to jump on the Muslim travel ban "bandwagon" - how disappointing it must be for those in an "alternate world," that its radicalized "homegrown" individuals, not immigrants, who represent the real threat!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so you can't say one way or the other whether or not kahn did a good job
I'd say that if you have an opinion and reasons to suggest he failed his duties you should make the case. I've answered on the actual topic I brought up. Jr. didn't say he'd failed his duty. His objection was about something else. I addressed that.

so what's your beef with trump jr?
I set that out already.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So why would Jr. drag up the 2016 quote in the wake of this tragedy? Could it be that the remarks were made in the aftermath of the New York bombing that claimed the lives of 29 people while Kahn was there and that among them was a criticism of a certain presidential candidate's response to the bombing, who said it was time to "get tough" as though to place some measure of blame on the administration of that city? Could Jr. be doing a little hatchet work for Sr.?

Kahn's response to Trump Sr.'s posturing? [FONT=&quot]"I'm not going to speculate as to who is responsible or how the police in New York should react. Speculating when you don't know the facts is unwise."

[/FONT]
Fairly mild as rebukes go, but then it's Trump and he knows more about terrorism than anyone. :plain:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
i don't think they should be banned from the us

i think they should be banned from the entire planet :)
Given that all of America's 17 intelligence agencies concluded that the Russians, not Muslims, attempted the influence the 2016 Election, why hasn't Trump placed a ban on them!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For those playing at home, Sod is insisting I haven't said what my problem with Trump Jr. is, and as usual he's wrong.

At the end of my opening comments on Jr.'s dredging up the older comments to release after the present tragedy in London, comments aimed at painting the mayor's remarks in a different light:
...But reality offends the younger Trump...So apparently that apple doesn't rot far from the tree. :plain:

Then more pointedly when CS appeared to be confused on Jr.'s irritation:
It would be one thing to be offended by the reality of it, and it is another thing to lay that reality at the feet of someone who isn't responsible for it in a city where more resources are in play to safeguard the average citizen than most places on earth.
That's what Jr. did.

And then, roughly a half hour before you did the scintillating "No you didn't" dance:
So why would Jr. drag up the 2016 quote in the wake of this tragedy? Could it be that the remarks were made in the aftermath of the New York bombing that claimed the lives of 29 people while Kahn was there and that among them was a criticism of a certain presidential candidate's response to the bombing, who said it was time to "get tough" as though to place some measure of blame on the administration of that city? Could Jr. be doing a little hatchet work for Sr.?

You betcha.

Last edited: