The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

beloved57

Through Sanctification of the Spirit ! 4

Through Sanctification of the Spirit ! 4

All for whom Christ died are Justified legally by His Meritorious Blood, however it is accompanied in a matter of time, a Justification by the Spirit of God, which Justification equates to Sanctification of the Spirit 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Justification in the Name of the Lord Jesus [His Death/ Blood] brings Justification by the Spirit of God !

Now the Holy Spirit must Sanctify/ Justify experimentally all those Christ's Death / Blood Sanctified/ Justified Legally as Per Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified/made Holy/ Righteous through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Because what His [Christ's] Sanctification entails , they must be Sanctified internally, which the Spirit performs in them with the New Birth !

beloved57

Its needed and why !

Its needed and why !

Jn 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Spirits Work of Sanctification is just as significant and necessary for Salvation 2 Thess 2:13 as the Death of Christ is ! Someone may say that's overstating it , for certainly Christ's Blood is more Essential and important in Salvation than the Work of the Spirit ; after all the Spirit never died for anyone's sins ; However the very reason why His Sanctifying Saving Work is so essential and important, its because of the Merits and transcendency of His Death, that it should produce Life Giving Effects Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

It, His dying, yields a harvest of new lives, it yields the harvest of wheat. Matt 13:30

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Jesus being analogous to a Corn of Wheat in Vs 24, dies and produces more corns of wheat, that's the effects of His Death, and why the Spirit is Necessary to produce that effect. Without the Work of the Spirit, His Sanctifying Work unto belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13, the Meritorious Death of Christ gives no Life to confirm and validate the supreme Merits of His Death, Its Legal Merits; So its because Christ's Death is so Meritorious in and of itself, its that which makes the Spirit's Work indispensable !

beloved57

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man !

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man !

Even though false religion refuses to bow down to divine revelation that man in the flesh cannot come / believe on Christ, yet its true anyway, and thats why God's Elect must be drawn to Christ by the Father, which drawing is by the Spirit of God !

John 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Folks, this statement " no man can come to me " MEANS Believe on Him, come to Him in Faith ! No man can do that, that demolishes the false teaching of freewill right there !

Now the word draw here is a strong word, because it denotes God's Power, the Power of the Holy Spirit, its the greek word helkō and means:

I.
to draw, drag off

II.
metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

Jesus means this metaph use, to draw by inward power or lead or impel. Remember Jesus said of His Sheep that He leads them out Jn 10:1-4

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

It can be said " He fetches them out " or that He brings them out, the point being, its done by Him, His Power ! This is the ideal of Jn 6:44 that they are drawn, and its the Power of the Spirit to be exact.

God's Spirit and His Work is related to Power for instance here Zech 4:6

6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Now the context of this verse is about the building of the Temple of God, and that it was going to be accomplished by God's Spirit ! And so it is with the Spiritual Temple of God, the Church 1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Paul is speaking of the Body of Christ here See 1 Cor 12 !

Also Eph 2:21-22

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

This Temple comprised of Believers was made by the Power and Might of the Spirit, by His Making them Alive by Regeneration, Spiritual quickening, making dead stones into Living Stones 1 Pet 2:5

5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house [Temple], an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

And so hecnce the drawing is by the Power and Might of the Spirit 1 Thess 1:5

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

And so it becomes an inward compelling or impelling by the Spirit !

beloved57

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man ! 2

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man ! 2

There is a parable by the Lord that Illustates that man by nature cannot and will not come to Christ unless he supernaturally compelled . Lk 14:16-23

16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Now notice that by a simple call to the supper that men made excuses not to come, but notice when the Master commanded that the servant in Vs 21 to go and BRING IN the Guest, it was different ! It was not up to the natural will of the guest, they WERE BROUGHT IN !

The words bring in here in the greek is Eisago and means:

to lead in
to bring in,

The words mean to cause to come

Its no longer up to the one being summoned to refuse, he or she must be caused to come, which is a blessing Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Now no doubt those in Lk 14:21 being lead in are those God has chosen, His Own Elect !

But now notice, there still was room for more guest, and the Master again told the servant to now go out and COMPEL them to come in Lk 14:23

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in , that my house may be filled .

Folks, The Master is not leaving it up to anyone's freewill, its strictly what His Will is, compel them to come in until His House was filled !

Now the word compel here is to be noted, its the greek word Anagkazo:

to necessitate, compel, drive to, constrain by force, threats, etc.
by permission, entreaties, etc.
by other means

This is a strong word and it basically means to bring them under your power and control and bring them in.

In fact its Illustrated here 2 Cor 5:19-20

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

This " be ye reconciled" is actually a imperative, but its in the passive voice, the ones being beseeched are at the same time by the power of the Gospel, being turned to or brought in, or compelled !

Its an imperative being issued, not a asking or giving a choice, Just like the servant was commissioned by the Master to do Lk 14:23

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Yes, 2 Cor 5:20 Illustrates what is being told to do in Lk 14:23 !

beloved57

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man ! 3

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man ! 3

Now even though the word compel means to force the force meant is not a threatening like a law thunder force, either do it or suffer the consequences type thing, thats what false teachers think like, however its a persuading force, a Spiritual persuading ! Persuading is impelling, and remember the word draw Helkuo has the metaphorical meaning:
metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

So its a persuading Spiritual force that makes them Willing in the Day of His Power Ps 110:3

3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

That word power here is also translated force, hence God's Chosen People shall be made willing in the Day of His Force or compelling !

And the word willing means a voluntariness, so God's force or Power makes them to come willingly, freely, they are not being draged against their will.

Yet all this tells us that the Coming was not dependent upon their freewill choice, but upon the Power and force of God's Spirit, and they had no choice but to come willingly, as those did previously but because of their depravity did not come Lk 14:18-20

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

But with these, God's Servant was commissioned to compel them to come in, it was not up to them to come in ! And thats what it means to be drawn by the Father Per Jn 6:44

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Father through the Son sends His Servant the Spirit to fetch them in to the Son, He brings them to Him !

beloved57

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man ! 4

Because of the depravity or spiritual death of man ! 4

It needs to be stated once again about the compelling and drawing written of in Jn 6:44 and Lk 14:23 , yes they denote force here to bring in God's People, and again this is not a physical brute force, but its a Spiritual Power and force, in fact its an Holy Force 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Its a Heavenly force Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

See the bidding in Lk 14:17

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

The word bidden is the greek word kaleō and means:

I.
to call
A.
to call aloud, utter in a loud voice

B.
to invite

II.
to call i.e. to name, by name
A.
to give a name to
i.
to receive the name of, receive as a name

ii.
to give some name to one, call his name

B.
to be called i.e. to bear a name or title (among men)

C.
to salute one by name

And its the same word used for call in 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

And its a Loving force Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

So the drawing of Jn 6:44 is nothing less than the Effectual Call, that brings the called to Christ, by the Power of the Holy Spirit !

beloved57

Must See the Son to Believe on Him !

Must See the Son to Believe on Him !

Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus once said Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Man who is spiritually blind by nature, cannot See Christ to Believe on Him, utterly impossible. Jesus associates believing with seeing here Jn 12:39-40

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

We believe however that the Spirit of God, in New Birth, or Regeneration opens up the Spiritual Eyes of New Born babe, and by that they are able to Spiritually See the Things of God, and most importantly See the Son of God who gave Himself for them, they See Him in the Gospel, and So it is written Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

We believe the Seeing of the Son is the effects of the Spirit and Grace of God, for we do read in scripture this Zech 12:10

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

We believe this is a Look of Faith, a Seeing the Son, after the pouring of the Spirit upon them !

The word Look here is the Hebrew word nabat and means:

I.to look, regard ,ii.to regard, show regard to, pay attention to, consider

And it is the equivalent to the word Seeth in Jn 6:40, which is the greek word theōreō and means:

I.to be a spectator, look at, behold
A.
to view attentively, take a view of, survey

i.to view mentally, consider

The Spirit will give us to focus in on the Person and Work of Christ, Just as Jesus indicated He would do Jn 16:14

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

This is Part of the Spirit's Role in the Salvation of the Elect through Jesus Christ, and why Faith in Christ is His Fruit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

beloved57

The Hearing of Faith !

The Hearing of Faith !

Gal 3:2,5

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

This Hearing of Faith is only for the regenerate, those who have received the Spirit through Faith as in through the Faithfulness of Christ Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Its a Redemptive Blessing Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Now after receiving the Spirit , one can now believe the Gospel, because they now with the Spirit have been given spiritual hearing, and Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God Rom 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This is the Hearing of Faith in Gal 3:2,5 !

Now we must add Jesus words here, Jn 8:43-47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

This proves that the Spirit must have been given in order to Hear God's Word, Jesus makes it clear here in Vs 47 !

To be of God is to be Born of God !

Jesus again asserts this sublime Truth Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Thats what the Hearing of Faith is, Hearing the Word of God or Christ. Some Translate Rom 10:17

17 So belief cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.ASV

The word word is rhema and means:

that which is or has been uttered by the living voice, thing spoken, word any sound produced by the voice and having definite meaning

So Faith cometh by Hearing the Living voice of Christ, which Jesus makes it clear that those who do hear His Voice are of the Truth, or born of the Spirit Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

So thats the Hearing of Faith, it the Spiritual hearing of those who are born of God the Spirit !

beloved57

He is the Spirit of Promise to the Seed !

He is the Spirit of Promise to the Seed !

The Spirit is promised to all who shall be saved in and through the Lord Jesus Christ, because all that shall be saved are His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 44:13

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Jesus after having been Crucified and risen and ascended to the Father's Right Hand, received from the Father this Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

That word shed is the greek word ekcheō means :

I.
to pour out, shed forth

II.
metaph. to bestow or distribute largely

Earlier in Acts 2:17-18

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out G1632 of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

These people are His Seed as Per Isa 44:13 ; Isa 53:10 !

They have the Spirit of Promise poured out upon them because He by His death for them, His having made His soul an offering for sin for them, He redeemed them from the curse of the Law, so that the Blessing of Abraham should come upon them, which is The Spirit Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

This shows you also that Christ and Abraham had a Seed amongst the Gentiles , and they too must receive the Promise of the Spirit poured out upon them as did a remnant of jews did.

Remember Peter said of the Gentiles Acts 10:45

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Remember the Promise Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Acts 11:17

Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

See all this was confirming that God had a Seed of Abraham not just in the ethnic jews, but also upon the Gentiles, and so the Spirit must according to promise be poured out upon them also , they were included in the Seed of Christ whom He made His soul an offering for sin for Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The Spirit is Promised to as many as the Lord God shall call out of the jews and Gentiles Acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

That is to the jewish remnant elect and the Gentile remnant of the Elect, described here as the " all that are afar off"

Paul Identifes them as Gentiles Eph 2:17

And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

The ethnic jews were the nigh portion of the Seed, and the Gentiles were the afar off portion of the Seed, though still One Seed of Abraham and of Christ !

All who receive remission of sins are the Seed, and are promised the Spirit ! Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Remission of sins is through the Redemption of His Blood Matt 26:28

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness/remission of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

All which are sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Spirit Promised to Christ's Seed Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Thats who believes the Gospel of their Salvation, the Seed Isa 53:10

Nanja

The Spirit is promised to all who shall be saved in and through the Lord Jesus Christ, because all that shall be saved are His Seed Isa 53:10

Isa 44:13

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Jesus after having been Crucified and risen and ascended to the Father's Right Hand, received from the Father this Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

That word shed is the greek word ekcheō means :

I.
to pour out, shed forth

II.
metaph. to bestow or distribute largely

Earlier in Acts 2:17-18

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out G1632 of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

These people are His Seed as Per Isa 44:13 ; Isa 53:10 !

They have the Spirit of Promise poured out upon them because He by His death for them, His having made His soul an offering for sin for them, He redeemed them from the curse of the Law, so that the Blessing of Abraham should come upon them, which is The Spirit Gal 3:13-14

This shows you also that Christ and Abraham had a Seed amongst the Gentiles , and they too must receive the Promise of the Spirit poured out upon them as did a remnant of jews did.

Remember Peter said of the Gentiles Acts 10:45

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Remember the Promise Isa 44:3

Acts 11:17

Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

See all this was confirming that God had a Seed of Abraham not just in the ethnic jews, but also upon the Gentiles, and so the Spirit must according to promise be poured out upon them also , they were included in the Seed of Christ whom He made His soul an offering for sin for Isa 53:10

The Spirit is Promised to as many as the Lord God shall call out of the jews and Gentiles Acts 2:38-39

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

That is to the jewish remnant elect and the Gentile remnant of the Elect, described here as the " all that are afar off"

Paul Identifes them as Gentiles Eph 2:17

And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

The ethnic jews were the nigh portion of the Seed, and the Gentiles were the afar off portion of the Seed, though still One Seed of Abraham and of Christ !

All who receive remission of sins are the Seed, and are promised the Spirit ! Acts 2:38

Remission of sins is through the Redemption of His Blood Matt 26:28

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness/remission of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

All which are sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

The Spirit Promised to Christ's Seed Isa 44:3

Thats who believes the Gospel of their Salvation, the Seed Isa 53:10

Informative and edifying post!

God pouring out His Spirit upon all the ones Christ died for,
is a supernatural manifestation of Himself in them; a confirmation
of who they are in Christ: His Seed!

I believe His Spirit of Promise is exactly the same as here:

Gal. 4:4-7 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son,
made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law,
that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons,
God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

~~~~~

beloved57

Informative and edifying post!

God pouring out His Spirit upon all the ones Christ died for,
is a supernatural manifestation of Himself in them; a confirmation
of who they are in Christ: His Seed!

I believe His Spirit of Promise is exactly the same as here:

Gal. 4:4-7 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son,
made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law,
that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons,
God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

The Holy Spirit of Promise !

The Holy Spirit of Promise !

Eph 1:13-14

14 Which is the earnest/down payment of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The Holy Spirit is the down payment of our Inheritance, if indeed we are heirs of promise.

Such as Heb 6:17

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Heb 11:9

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Rom 4:13-14

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

All of Abraham's Children who are Justified by Faith with the Righteousness of Christ are the Heirs of Promise ! It had nothing to do with ethnicity ! But with the Righteousness which is revealed to Faith !

Now the Inheritance of which the Spirit is a earnest down payment of is stated here Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

The same is mentioned here Heb 11:8

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Remember what Paul wrote back in Galatians, the Promised Inheritance was not to Abraham's physical seed through the Law Rom 4:13

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Thats why Heb 11:8 said that Abraham BY FAITH, when he was called, Obeyed, the obedience of Faith and imputed Righteousness.

Noah the same thing, The Righteousness of Faith showed him an Heir Heb 11:7 !

And once again, its the Inheritance promised here to Abraham and His Seed Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

That word possession is actually achuzzah :

I.possession, property
A.
land

B.
possession by inheritance

This Promised Inheritance is promised to Abraham and His seed after him in all generations ! The seed is not a jewish ethnic people through the Law Rom 4:13, but made up of a Spiritual Seed of Believers of both jew and Gentile Rom 4:13-17

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

The Seed in Rom 4:16 comprised of both jew and gentile Children of Abraham because of Faith, is the same Seed referenced here in Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

The Inheritance is the whole Earth , or the World Rom 4:13 ; Matt 5:5 ; 2 Pet 3:13, and to each of the Heirs of Promise of this Inheritance, the Spirit is given them as a down payment of that Inheritance !

beloved57

Belief of the Truth is Salvation !

Belief of the Truth is Salvation !

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Salvation here is belief of the Truth and its part of Christ's Saving Work, the merits of it, which necessitates all for whom He died to believe the Truth. God from the beginning hath chosen them to this Salvation.

The word Salvation here is the greek word σωτηρία and means:

deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation: deliverance from the molestation of enemies

Unbelief/disobedience is an enemie, it holds all by nature prison to it. God hath concluded all in unbelief Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

The word concluded sugkleió means:

I enclose, shut in, make subject to.

Did you know that the devil is the enemy that holds us in unbelief ? Look at 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world[The devil] hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Folks, the devil , the god of this world, is credited with holding men in unbelief, even after hearing the Word of God to be saved Lk 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Folks, the devil is an enemy against believing the Truth so that it converts to God !

But Christ through His death delivers those He dies for from their enemies, particularily spiritual enemies Lk 1:69-75

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; Satan, the devil hates those Christ died for !

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

The Holy Spirits sanctifying work in 2 Thess 2:13 implements the deliverance / saving of all for whom Christ died, from the enemy of unbelief. The devil cannot perform his enemy work here with success to them Christ died for Lk 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

See the devil here prevents conversion to belief of the Truth that was heard, however Christ delivers those He died for from the devil and this work of his !

Now, if we say that we believed the Truth by our own freewill, then we are claiming that we are our own saviour, this is blasphemy and antichrist ! See we have to be saved from the enemy of unbelief in order to belief of the Truth, and Christ is the Savior from Unbelief !

Nanja

Amen to your entire post!

beloved57
Now, if we say that we believed the Truth by our own freewill,
then we are claiming that we are our own saviour, this is blasphemy and antichrist !
They must realize that that's exactly what they are claiming!

beloved57
See we have to be saved from the enemy of unbelief in order to belief of the Truth,
and Christ is the Savior from Unbelief !
Yes, and all the rest whom He is not the Savior of, they fall by the way side Luke 8:12 KJV.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

Yes, and all the rest whom He is not the Savior of, they fall by the way side Luke 8:12 KJV.

Exactly, to believe and be converted, we must be saved from the power of the devil, hence believing is an evidence that we were saved from his power by the work of Christ and its effects !

beloved57

Why the Holy Spirit given before the Gospel sent ?

Why the Holy Spirit given before the Gospel sent ?

1 Cor 2:12

12 Now we [Believers] have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The Spirit is given as a Spiritual Blessing to all for whom Christ died and redeemed [See Gal 3:13-14] that they may know [come to know experientially] that Christ gave Himself for us Gal 1:4

Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

We need to be given the Spirit first to come to know this Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 Tim 2:6

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Mk 10:45

45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

And the Spirit is given to all for whom He gave Himself for that they may come to know it in a for real spiritual manner !

beloved57

The Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 8:10,9

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

The Spirit, which is also Christ's Spirit, or the Spirit of Christ Vs 9 it is given to all for whom Christ died because of Righteousness. His Death for them established them as Righteous Rom 5:19 and where Righteousness is, Life is demanded !

Christ's death for their sins erased for them the penalty of sin, which death in all of its phases is the wages of Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

But now that Christ satisfied for them that death wage, a reversal is due unto them, which means death is abolished and Life must be granted, because of Righteousness. When we read that Christ rose from the dead after having died for the sins of God's People, it states that He rose because of their Justification Rom 4:25

Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

That word Justification, the greek word dikaiósis means:

acquittal, justifying, justification, a process of absolution.

There has for them been a discharge of the debt of death owed because of sin, a absolution means:

act of absolving; a freeing from blame or guilt; release from consequences, obligations, or penalties.

Justification also means:

the act of God's declaring men free from guilt and acceptable to him; adjudging to be righteous,

acquittal, which brings with it the bestowment of life,

Hence we read also in Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

The Life here is Resurrection and Spiritual Life, that releases the Justified ones by Christ's Death, releases them from Spiritual Death by giving them Life by the Spirit of their resurrected Head communicated to them, because of His Righteousness now being charged to their account !

So to them, The Spirit is Life [it bestows it] because of Righteousness !