The Holy Spirit and Salvation !

beloved57

Sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise !

Sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise !

Eph 1:13-14

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What is this Holy Spirit of Promise ? Remember Peter Preached also Acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

The Spirit is a Promised Gift by God to all the Seed. Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun [Israel], whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This Seed are those who belong to Christ, God's Chosen, and of course, all them Chosen in Him Eph 1:4, are His Seed, and so the Promise of the Holy Spirit is being Promised to be poured upon His Seed, Hence the Spirit of Promise.

The Spirit of Promise was promised by God the Father, to the Son of God, for His Faithful Obedience unto the engagements of the Everlasting Covenant, whereby He would die for the sins of His Seed given Him Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

His Seed here is that which went astray as sheep Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And it was for them, their iniquity, that Christ died and was raised, and because of His successful Life and death in satisfying God's Law on their behalf, His Ascension, He was in behalf of them, and for their spiritual good, given a Reward, that was to Pour out of the Spirit of Promise unto them,to them He Justified, Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

This begins the fulfillment of the Promise from Isa 44:1-3. That's why also Isa 53:10 celebrates that Christ shall see [care for or provide care for] His Seed

He will pour out the Spirit of Promise upon that Seed He died for, that it be for their Spiritual Conversion, Upon each member of that Seed, and their Salvation will be announced by their Spiritual Hearing through the Gospel, they shall believe it, and be sealed with that Holy Spirit of Promise. He seals each member of that Seed of His [Isa 53:10] in the Truth of the Gospel of their Salvation, and the Spirit of Promise shall be given to all the Seed, and as to many as God shall call of that Seed up unto the End of the Age Acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring or Children Yes, even all the Children God gave to Christ Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

beloved57

The Holy Spirit gives Life to the Sheep!

The Holy Spirit gives Life to the Sheep!

God the Holy Spirit is sent by Covenant Engagement, in the Eternal Purpose of God, to give Life to all for whom Christ died, which would be His Sheep Jn 10:11,15. By His Death for them they shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

This means they shall be born again to show to be Righteous, just as they were born sinners to show to be sinners. Each act by Each Head produces a Birth for those they Represented, by adam a physical birth which showed us to be sinners, by Christ a Spiritual Birth that will show us to be Righteous. The Holy Spirit is the author through Christ, of that Spiritual Life in the New Birth.

beloved57

The New Birth only occurs when God gives life to a dead sinner Eph 2:5, this Life is communicated from Christ by the Spirit of God on His Behalf, because He is a quickening Spirit 1 Cor 15:47

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam[Jesus Christ] was made a quickening spirit. See Jn 5:21

The Spirit works in behalf of Him Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

For those Christ died for and paid full law and Justice in behalf of, they are entitled to New Life, so The Spirit enters into them as a Spirit of Life in Christ Rom 8:2;Rev 11:11

And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet

It is then with this New Life from God are we enabled to obey the Gospel Commands of Faith and Repentance, which before the natural man dead in sin cannot begin to do in the flesh Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Hence, All Gospel obediences are evidences of their New Life from Christ by the Spirit entering into them and New Birth.

beloved57

The Holy Spirit results from Redemption !

By His Death alone [Jesus Christ] and because of its infinite merit and efficaciousness of His Blood, He has effectually redeemed all God's Elect, those given to Him Jn 17:2, which are all for whom He died, and by doing so He obtained for them and in their behalf their Eternal Redemption Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hence, also does the Holy Spirit apply or bestow the benefits of that Redemption Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The Promise Blessing is the Spirit, and notice that Paul uses the pronoun we when speaking of the gentiles, that we [both jew and gentile seed of Abraham] might receive the promise of the Spirit through Faith.

This Promise blessing of Abraham is not offered or made available, but it comes on the Redeemed, both jew and gentile sons of Abraham.

Princely

BANNED
Banned
By His Death alone [Jesus Christ] and because of its infinite merit and efficaciousness of His Blood, He has effectually redeemed all God's Elect, those given to Him Jn 17:2, which are all for whom He died, and by doing so He obtained for them and in their behalf their Eternal Redemption Heb 9:12

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hence, also does the Holy Spirit apply or bestow the benefits of that Redemption Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The Promise Blessing is the Spirit, and notice that Paul uses the pronoun we when speaking of the gentiles, that we [both jew and gentile seed of Abraham] might receive the promise of the Spirit through Faith.

This Promise blessing of Abraham is not offered or made available, but it comes on the Redeemed, both jew and gentile sons of Abraham.

Those who are given to the son of man become the servant of God and do the will of God so as to walk in the light of the Lord as Jesus did and sow justice to the people.

"Sow justice for yourself and reap the fruits of piety, says the Lord"

"Turn to me all you ends of the earth and be saved for I am God their is no other. There is no righteous and saving God but me. There is no saviour but me, says the Lord"

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is upright, and my burden is light.

beloved57

Gal 3:13-14

They are given Faith in Christ by the Spirit given them,so that they may live Like those who are not under the Law Gal 3:10

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Instead they shall live by Faith, for the Just shall live by Faith. he Just are all for whom Christ died and redeemed from the curse of the Law.

All who rely on works of the Law for Justification, are under its curse, yes even if we are by our supposed faith , are act of believing is that which Justified us before God, even that is something done by us Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Who can deny that Jesus here identifies Faith that was left undone, and out to have been done [an deed or action performed]

You see works of the Law can cover a large spectrum, it includes any and everything we feel we must DO in order to secure unto us Justification before God. If we believe we must keep or obey a commandment to secure the Favour and Justification before God, t defaults to Justification by keeping the Law or by our works, and hence the curse.

If we believe our Justification before God was determined by anything DONE by us, or we did, we for sure hear these words Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

This can not happen to any for whom Christ died and redeemed from the curse of the Law, and gave them His Spirit to live by Faith in Christ.

beloved57

Rom 8:9-11 We are debtors, not to the flesh !

Rom 8:9-11 We are debtors, not to the flesh !

Rom 8:9-11

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness.

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.

We are debtors to the Spirit to Live after the Spirit !

All those Christ has died for, He also rose for, and all such ones are now debtors, or obligated to live after the Spirit. Yes, all for whom He died, He redeemed, that is He purchased them, and as a seal of the purchase of redemption, they are sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise.

All for whom He died are a purchased possession as here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Eph 1:14

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

John Gill writes:

until the redemption of the purchased possession, or "of the peculiar people"; see 1 Peter 2:9, for this is not to be understood of heaven, which is never said to be purchased, nor can it with any propriety be said to be redeemed; but of saints, of the church of God, who are bought with a price, and are purchased with his blood; and who, as they were redeemed from sin, Satan, and the law, when they were purchased, so will be redeemed again in the resurrection morn, which is called the day of redemption, Ephesians 4:30, and which will be a redemption of them from the weakness, corruption, and mortality of the body; from their present state of absence and pilgrimage; from the body of sin and death; from all sorrows and afflictions, both inward and outward; from the reproaches and persecutions of men; from a tempting devil, and an unbelieving heart; from all doubts and fears; and from death and the grave; and so the Syriac version very justly renders it, "until the redemption of them that are saved". Now till such time, the Spirit of God abides as an earnest, even until the whole felicity is enjoyed both in soul and body; and this shows the perpetuity of the Spirit's inhabitation, and grace, the final perseverance of the saints, and the security of the inheritance to them.

Thats why Paul says of the body of believers 1 Cor 6:20

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Understand something, The Body of the Believer became God's not at the time of the redeemed one believing, but when Christ redeemed them by His Blood shed, the believers act of believing did not purchase his Body, Christ's Blood did. The Lord is for the body before we believe. 1 Cor 6:13

13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.

Now because all for whom Christ died are become His Purchased Possession, they are by Him sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That word sealed is the greek word sphragizō:

to set a seal upon, mark with a seal, to seal, ownership and security

to attest ownership, authorizing (validating) what is sealed.

Also it says they are sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise ! What does that mean ?

beloved57

Rom 8:9-11 We are debtors, not to the flesh ! 2

Rom 8:9-11 We are debtors, not to the flesh ! 2

Why is it called the Holy Spirit of Promise ? Eph 1:13

Thats Because the Spirit is promised to all Christ's Seed that He died for. Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The Seed is whom He made His Soul an Offering for sin for. And so the Spirit they [The Seed] must have. This was Promised in type here Isa 44:1-5

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty[See Isa 55:1], and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.

5 One shall say, I am the Lord's; and another shall call himself by the name of Jacob; and another shall subscribe with his hand unto the Lord, and surname himself by the name of Israel.

Look closely at Vs 3, the promise is given

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Please note also that the Spirit promised here is also a Promised Blessing !See Gal 3:14 !

Now here in Isa, the Lord Jesus Christ is meant by the Lord's Chosen; Lets compare Isa 44:1 with Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isa 44:1

He is also Identified as Israel the Servant Isa 49:1-3

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The Lord hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.

2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

And of course, this Servant had been given a Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed or offspring, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

10 Yet it was the will of the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief and made Him sick. When You and He make His life an offering for sin [and He has risen from the dead, in time to come], He shall see His [spiritual] offspring, He shall prolong His days, and the will and pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.AMP

And so to His Seed the Lord had promised this Isa 44:3

Immediately upon Jesus Ascension to heaven after having giving His Soul an offering for the sin of His Seed, He received from the Father this Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost , he hath shed[poured] forth this, which ye now see and hear.

You see, that receiving the Spirit of Promise was in order to the accomplishing and fulfillment of the Promise of Isa 44:3 and many other purposes, one of which is the sealing of the purchased possession Eph 1:13-14.

So God was no fool, to have His Son die for a People and not to have that People through His Death, to be converted to Him, for that would have been a waste of Wisdom, Power and Time, Grace !

So all for whom He died are made a debtor to live a New Life by the Spirit, and so they all are given the Holy Spirit of Promise. Thats why it is written a Seed shall serve Him Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

What Seed ? This Seed Isa 53:10

And that Seed shall serve Him by means of this Isa 44:3

beloved57

The Holy Spirit is not given to individuals based upon a condition they must first perform, but it's given to individuals based upon Divine Promise. First its a promise from the Father to the Son based upon and as a reward to Him for His finished work, and so when He ascended to the Right Hand of God the Father after His Resurrection, the Father gave unto Him the Spirit. Jesus mentions Him here as the Promise Acts 1:4

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Then its mentioned again as a promise in Peters sermon Acts 2:33

3 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Now understand something, Christ rose and ascended as the Surety Head of His Body the Church, For He is it's Head and Saviour Substitute, So when He received the Spirit from the Father as promised, it was in behalf of, to be given to all for whom He died to save/redeem.

Now that the Spirit was received by the Head and Saviour of the Church, Jesus Christ, He was responsible to pour Him upon all the members of His Body, from among the jews and from among the Gentiles, all who was redeemed by His Death Gal 3:13-14

Notice also how believers were redeemed from the curse of the Law in Vs 13, not by their act of believing, but by Him being made a curse, hence by His death alone !

Through Christ the Spirit is given to Abraham's Spiritual Seed amongst the jews Acts 2, and his seed among the Gentiles Acts 10 [Cornelius]; So Peter was mindful later how God had given the Spirit to the Gentile remnant as well as to the jewish Acts 11:15-17

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Also notice something here that is extremely important, notice how they received the gift God gave them, Peter said the Spirit [which was the gift given] that it fell upon them Vs 15 and thats how they received the Gift Vs 17.

The point is, when God gives a Gift, its not an offer to someone in order that they now have a choice to either accept it or reject it, but its Sovereignly given by a Sovereign and the recipients are put into the possession of the Gift, according to the will of that Sovereign, See also Gift in Rom 5:15,17; Eph 3:7 for the same word for Gift.

The point is this, all for whom Christ died, and by His death alone redeemed them from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13, they shall be given and shall receive the Gift of the Spirit according to a faithful Promise Gal 3:13-14

Just like the Spirit fell upon Cornelius, it is given to all the gentile elect. Its impossible for any that Christ died for, was made a curse for or in behalf of, not to be given and receive the Promise of the Spirit through Faith [Of Jesus Christ].

The Spirit being given to all for whom Christ died for fulfills the Promise of Blessing through Abraham's Seed, which Promise first mentioned here Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Gal 3:8,14

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Thats how the Nations were Blessed by Abraham's Seed Jesus Christ, by being given the Spirit from Christ because He redeemed them from the curse of the law by being made a curse for them !

beloved57

The Sin against the Spirit !

What is meant by this ? It's not meant that particular sin against the Spirit of Blasphemy that Jesus mentions here Matt 12:31

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

However what is meant by this statement is that men do deny the Role or Applicatory Work of the Spirit of the Efficacious Death of Christ to all whom He died and Redeemed by His Blood !

Instead, so that men may glory, It is taught by majority that Christ's Redemptive Death is only saving or applied after man by his own freewill or act of believing is exercised, hence the application of salvation is initiated by the will or act of man. So man is given credit as the responsible party as initiating the application of Christ's Saving Merits, and not the Spirit, save in a secondary subordinate role to the will of man, yes some say the Spirit may initiate it [the application] but man must confirm it , hence still depriving the Spirit of all the Credit for conversion, giving in to the freewill of man.

This thinking to say the Least is a flagrant sin against the Holy Ghost of God, against His Great Power. Zech 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Any Good work or deed we act which is pleasing to God, is begun by the Spirit working in us both to will and do of His Good Pleasure Phil 1:6

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Phil 2:13

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

The Spirit of God should be solely acknowledged as the Applier of Christ's Saving work of the Cross and that according to the Will of God only, and not the will of man in any respect !

So to attribute Salvation in any degree to the will of man is a sin against the Spirit. Also the word blasphemy does carry the connotation of failure to acknowledge the Good of. Its the word blasphémeó:

I speak evil against, blaspheme, use abusive or scurrilous language about (God or men).

blasphēméō(from blax, "sluggish, slow" and 5345 /phḗmē, "reputation, fame") – properly, refusing to acknowledge good (worthy of respect, veneration); hence, to blaspheme which reverses moral values.

So to refuse to acknowledge the Good Work of the Spirit in the application of Salvation to all for whom Christ died and redeemed can fall into a category of Blaspheme against Him. Due Veneration and Respect for Him is refused to be acknowledged so that the will of man may share in the application of Salvation.

beloved57

The Ministration of the Spirit !

The Ministration of the Spirit !

2 Cor 3:3-9

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

This is Paul describing the New Covenant Ministry, its the Ministry of the Spirit's Application of the New Covenant Blessings of the Death of Christ. Remember the Promises of the New Covenant Jer 31:31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

and Ezekiel 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Now to the Corinthians he writes of something being written as in Jer 31:33

2 Cor 3:3

3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

So what is the Ministration of the Spirit ? Its the New Covenant Ministry, whereby the Spirit applies, makes known to the Chosen of God their Righteousness and Salvation in their Covenant Head the Lord Jesus Christ.

You see, Jesus was not given as a Covenant Head in the New Covenant for only Elect Jews, but also for Elect Gentiles Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Paul was a New Covenant Minister for the Spiritual Application of its Covenant Mercies to the Gentiles of the Spiritual Seed of Abraham !

The Covenant in Isa 42:6 is the same as the one in 2 Cor 3:6 called Testament !

The word ministration is the greek word Diakonia and means:

service, ministering, esp. of those who execute the commands of others
of those who by the command of God proclaim and promote religion among men

The Holy Spirit is acting as an Servant within the Covenant to bring the Covenant People to Gospel Obedience through the Preaching of the Apostles, the Ministers of the New Covenant. The Covenant People are the Many for whom He shed His Blood for Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

And Paul and others were made able ministers of that same new testament 2 Cor 3:6

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

To whomever the Spirit giveth life, the New Testament Gospel gives Life, and so the Gospel is to some Life unto Life 2 Cor 2:16

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

The Spirit gives Life to the Covenant People to bring about their evangelic obedience to the Faith Rom 16:25-26

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 15:16

16 That I should be the minister [of the New Testament] of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Basically Paul here is acknowledging his New Covenant Ministry unto the Gentiles to bring about their Gospel Obedience attended by the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth or Gospel Obedience 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

That's the administration of the Spirit, = sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Remember the Parabel where the servant is sent out to complet them to come in Lk 14:23

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

That compeling them to come in is the administration of the Spirit and the Gospel Minister effectually bring in the Elect from all Nations.

That word compel is the greek word anagkazó:

I force, compel, constrain, urge.

The compelling here does not mean by threats,but by entreaties , and by application

Remember the Apostles call to the reconciled 2 Cor 5:20

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

What is often overlooked here is that "be ye reconciled to God" is in the passive voice, a imperative. they the subjects are being acted upon by the application of the Spirit actually turning them to God. Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

The Spirit brings about their conversion by force or power of the Gospel Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

That word power is the word Dunamis:

strength power, ability inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth
power
for performing miracles
moral power and excellence of soul
the power and influence which belong to riches and wealth
power and resources arising from numbers
power consisting in or resting upon armies, forces, hosts

These things define the compeling of the Servant in Lk 14:23

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

This designs to tell us that The Servant must exert His Will, Power, His Ability to bring the Called Guest into the Supper !

This is the Administration of the Spirit, the Spiritual Application of the New Covenant that is in the Blood of Christ for the Many, from among the jews and the Gentiles !

beloved57

The Spirit's Role in Salvation !

The Spirit's Role in Salvation !

The Spirit's Role in Salvation of those for whom Christ died for ! All for whom He died and reconciled to God even while they were being enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

The Promise to them, being thus reconciled by His death, is that they shall be saved by His Life !

They shall be saved out of being God's Enemies, out of a experimental Lost condition, by Regeneration which is the Spirit's Role and Saving application to the one for whom Christ died Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

This is a must saving if indeed Jesus Christ is Our Saviour ! Those He died for , if Christ is their Saviour, must, no question about it, but they must be Saved by the washing of Regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost through their Saviour or He was not our Saviour plain and simple !

After the Son has accomplished His Saving Death of Redemption, the Father through the Son sends forth the Holy Spirit to apply the Salvation benefits of Christ's redeeming death Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

This describes the Application of Redemption, sending forth the spirit into their Hearts !

This was Promised long ago by the Prophets Ezekiel 36:26,27

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

This Promise to put His Spirit within them is fulfilled in Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Understand something, without His Saving Work or Role , the Saving Death of Christ is aborted is nullified, unfruitful, lacking in producing Saving Effects to the Glory of the Father.

Basically the Redemptive Death of Christ, does a work for us and in us, by the Saving Work of the New Birth, or its also called the Sanctification of the Spirit 2 Thess 2:13 or He being sent into Our Hearts Gal 4:6, if not for this, Christ's Redemptive Death is a complete Failure and flop !

beloved57

The Spirit's Role in Salvation ! 2

The Spirit's Role in Salvation ! 2

The Spirit had a role in the Spiritual Application of the Benefits of Christ's death, and that is why Jesus said to His disciples Jn 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

This is the same sending as in Gal 4:6

The Spirit's role was given Him in the Council of the Everlasting Covenant, He was to work in those for whom Christ shed His Blood for Heb 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Vs 21 here is basically giving the Outcome of the New Birth, the Saving described in Titus 3:5, its the result of having the Spirit sent into our Hearts through Jesus Christ .

The Redeemed sinner remains dead in sin Eph 2:5 and needs to be quickened to Life or given a Spiritual Resurrection or Renewing, and this is done by the Spirit through the Son Jn 5:21

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

This is connected with an impartation of Life, a supernatural , miraculous Work of the Spirit.

Its liken to the Resurrection of Lazarus from the dead, out of his grave, and before the redeemed sinner can believe in Christ, call upon His Name, or put Faith in Him, He must first be made Spiritually alive, quickened to Call upon His Name, for David wrote Ps 80:18

18 So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name.

And this comes in the economy of Salvation following the Spirit's quickening Role , for then the sinner is set free from satans Gospel Blinding power 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

The reigning power of satan is primarily responsible for Unbelief, But the Spirit, for Christ's sake saves those He died for from this Power and an entrance is made for the Light of the Gospel to shine in Our Hearts ! Thank God for the Spirit's Role in Salvation through Christ !

beloved57

Believing is an Evidence of Spirits indwelling !

Believing is an Evidence of Spirits indwelling !

1 Jn 5:10

He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

That witness being the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth by New Birth; Hence that one who is of the Truth as Per the Saviour Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Such a one can now bear witness to the Truth revealed to them by the Word and Spirit, The Truth of God in the Gospel Eph 1:13

We must be of the Truth Jn 18:37 to hear [spiritually] the Word of Truth, and so Hearing bears witness that we have been given Eternal Life as a Gift of the Spirit, which confirms Jesus Testimony here Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The Hearing and Believing here is evidence of one possessing Eternal Life [New Birth], otherwise in the flesh we cannot Hear God's Word, or Christ's Voice.

Its only after the Spirit in New Birth bearing witness with Our Human Spirit, that we are the Children of God, that we can Spiritually receive the Truth in the Gospel, to Spiritually discern it and mentally regard it !

Because the Carnal Mind without the Spirit is at enmity with God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

beloved57

The holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed !

The holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed !

Eph 4:30

And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

One of the main purposes of a seal is to mark ownership, legal right of possession; proprietorship.

Now this is in line with the Truth of Redemption, for in Redemption all for whom Christ died have been purchased with a price, and are His purchased possession, and so by that He sends the Seal of the New Birth, Heart Circumcision, because without the Spirit, there is no evidence that we are His own possession Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

He did not purchase you by His Blood !

2 Cor 1:22

22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Listen, If Christ died and redeemed us, then to prove that He did, to confirm our being purchased, He seals us with His Spirit in our Hearts by New Birth, for the Redeemed have the Spirit sent into their Hearts Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

That word redeem in Vs 5 the greek word exagorazō means to:

II.to buy up, to buy up for one's self, for one's use

Paul writes in 1 Cor 6:20

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

That price is not our believing, our repentance, or anything we did, but it was the Precious blood of Christ, AND THATS IT !

That alone made everyone He died for His Purchased Possession, and that entitled them to be sealed by the Spirit as a mark of His Owner Ship redemptively by His Blood !

The Only way a man or women does not receive this Sealing of the Spirit is because they were none of His Rom 8:9

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Because the Spirit is proof of ownership !

beloved57

Through Sanctification of the Spirit !

Through Sanctification of the Spirit !

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

The Sanctification of the Spirit, this Spiritual Blessing as Per Eph 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

It is the direct result and effect of Christ's redeeming / atoning Death or Blood, meaning all for whom He died, shed His Blood, MUST be Sanctified or Set Apart by the Spirit, in order to partake of the Spiritual Benefits of His Death, which is a bequeathal of Spiritual blessings ; for without this work of the Spirit, Christ's redemptive death would have been unfruitful to God, which would be contrary to its purpose by God Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Without it the beneficiaries would have remained in Unbelief, so by it, the Sanctification of the Spirit, results the belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

The word belief here interestingly enough is the Greek noun Pistis and means:

conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it relating to God

Its Translated Faith 239 times in the NT

It also results in obedience 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Hence obedience and Faith in this are the same, and so we have such biblical expressions as Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest , and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Now on the Eve of His Death, Christ made a request of the Father to those He was about to die for Jn 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And lest we attempt to confine this requested blessing to only His then disciples Vs 20 states otherwise :

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

beloved57

Through Sanctification of the Spirit ! 2

Through Sanctification of the Spirit ! 2

The request of Christ for the sanctification of those He was about to die for, stated as V19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

This request was according to the will of God, and so this promise applied to the Man Jesus Christ moreso than to any other Man in the flesh 1 Jn 5:14-15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Also 1 Jn 3:22

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Yes, while in the flesh, The Lord most certainly kept the Commandments of God, and always did that which pleased His Father Jn 8:29

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Hence upon completion of His Cross Work, His Work of Redemption,and His ascension to the Right Hand of God, a rewar was given Him in answer to His petition, notice Acts 2:33

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

He received of the Father, the Promise of the Holy Ghost or Spirit, and with that He commissions the Spirit to apply His Saving benefits upon those He died, to Sanctify them unto belief of the Truth as Per 2 Thess 2:13

And with that the petition has been granted by the Father of this request Jn 17:17

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Not only was the request for His Immediate disciples, but for all who shall believe on Him through their word of testimony, to include the scriptures Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Now understand something, if anyone for whom Christ sanctified Himself for Vs 19, meaning His Death, if anyone of them don't come to Faith, Belief of the Truth by the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit, then His Prayer request was denied by the Father !

beloved57

Through Sanctification of the Spirit ! 3

Through Sanctification of the Spirit ! 3

Also, If not for the Sovereign Work of the Spirit, through the Merits of Christ's Redemptive Obedience unto Death, none of those for whom Christ died could have believed in Him through the Gospel, the Word of Truth. We believe in the Everlasting Covenant established before time began, the Holy Ghost concurred in the Divine Purpose, to Sanctify all of the Election of Grace, those whom the Father chose in Christ, and the same being the objects of Christ's Redeeming Blood, His Word in the Covenant, was to bring all the Chosen Heirs unto Belief of the Truth, which is another way of saying, Faith in Christ 2 Thess 2:13; Jn 6:29

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

That's the Work of God, but specifically God the Sanctifying Spirit !

Last edited: