The Hollywood Elite and the Academy Awards

Jerry Shugart

The Hollywood elite blew it last night. They couldn't even announce the winner of their Best Movie category correctly until they were given a second chance.

And they cannot understand why we refuse to follow them and their opinions about how to run the country!

Danoh

The Hollywood elite blew it last night. They couldn't even announce the winner of their Best Movie category correctly until they were given a second chance.

And they cannot understand why we refuse to follow them and their opinions about how to run the country!

Being that you live in Mexico, Jerry...

I'm curious - what are you seeing over there with regard to the impact of the Trump administration and its' policies, actions and so on?

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Being that you live in Mexico, Jerry...

I'm curious - what are you seeing over there with regard to the impact of the Trump administration and its' policies, actions and so on?

Unfortunately, there is a lot of anxiety about a lot of things. Foremost is their belief that there will be a mass deportation of all the illegals, a false idea fed by the press on both sides of the border. Also, they are not happy since many companies who were planning to come to Mexico have now backed out and are now planning to stay in the USA. For instance, Ford announced that they were going to invest 1.6 Billion Dollars in a plant here in the city where I live but now they have cancelled those plans. Needless to say, there are a lot of sad faces around here.

Besides that, they are not too happy about the idea that Mexico should pay for the wall.

Danoh

Thanks, Jer.

These issues are never the black or white, take it or leave it, extreme the tendency of far too many people in life tends to make them.

Thus, it is not surprising the mess that rushing such things can result in.

And if there is one more negative trait running throughout the entirety of Trump's business life; that's been one more.

Case in point...

...While others in the bar insist that Trump supports unions, Schurbon doesn’t think so: “Nope, he’s completely against them.”

Schurbon and his dad farm about 500 acres of soybeans and corn, so he’s also worried about the president’s promise to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, which could hurt farmers that export their crops to Canada and Mexico.

“He’s really hurting us, even though everybody around here is conservative,” Schurbon said, thumping his bottle of Budweiser on the table to emphasize some of his points. “When you cut off trade, that cuts off everything. Where do our crops go? They don’t stay here...”

The above is from the following, much longer report "These Iowans Voted For Trump: Many of Them Are Already Dissapointed."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a-719pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.16b686e11129

The Berean

Jerry, you live in San Luis Potosi?! My dad is from there. He is from a small village near Cerritos. I've have visited about 4 times in the past 4-5 years. What a small world.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you live in San Luis Potosi?! My dad is from there. He is from a small village near Cerritos. I've have visited about 4 times in the past 4-5 years. What a small world.

Yep, been living in the city of SLP forty years.

Your trips to Cerritos must be a journey into another century for someone from Wacky California!

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Who is the "we" refusing to follow what opinions?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I bet they got it right the first time, but they needed their idol, (black, gay, poor victim) to win to advance their agenda. They need to maintain the idea that most of America agree with them (liberal elites) and their politics.

The Berean

Yep, been living in the city of SLP forty years.

Your trips to Cerritos must be a journey into another century for someone from Wacky California!

In my dad's village for sure! I first visited in the late 1970's that I remember. Back then they had no running water, no electricity, and no TV! I hasn't really changed much today. My dad's family had roots there that go back well over century. I like to visit there as I get older and to connect with my family roots. Cerritos is way more modern.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I bet they got it right the first time, but they needed their idol, (black, gay, poor victim) to win to advance their agenda. They need to maintain the idea that most of America agree with them (liberal elites) and their politics.
Are you actually accusing them of lying about Moonlight winning in an effort to advance some agenda? Like, they announced La La Land and then remembered that they were supposed to have Moonlight win so changed it? :AMR:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How would that even work? How would that maintain the idea that most Americans agree with them?

Most americans dont agree with them and it doesnt stop the hollywood elite and liberal media from lying about it either, how do you think Trump got elected, hillary was suppose to win by a landslide, all the news said so.

Its called lying. Liberals dont care as long as it is the right result.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Most americans dont agree with them and it doesnt stop the hollywood elite and liberal media from lying about it either, how do you think Trump got elected, hillary was suppose to win by a landslide, all the news said so.

Its called lying. Liberals dont care as long as it is the right result.
The Oscar winners aren't chosen by the people. I'm not following you. It doesn't really matter though...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They lied, whats not to understand? They planned to lie and screwed it up.
I understand you think they lied. What I'm not following is your reason for why they did it. You seemed to be tying it back to the American people, as if Moonlight winning means that the American public would be on board with the message conveyed in the movie, but the winners aren't chosen by the public so there is no connection there.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I understand you think they lied. What I'm not following is your reason for why they did it. You seemed to be tying it back to the American people, as if Moonlight winning means that the American public would be on board with the message conveyed in the movie, but the winners aren't chosen by the public so there is no connection there.

Im tying it to propaganda, to try to influence the public by catering to leftist agenda. Same way the leftist media tried to do for Hillary, they have been exposed as liars.

I think the same thing happened here. I think the more powerful in the group, ran roughshod over others for their "larger" cause.

Danoh

Good luck with this, as with all extremists; A4T is profoundly enmeshed in self-induced "click whirr."

As the call handle A4T has not been a loud enough indicator :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Im tying it to propaganda, to try to influence the public by catering to leftist agenda. Same way the leftist media tried to do for Hillary, they have been exposed as liars.

I think the same thing happened here. I think the more powerful in the group, ran roughshod over others for their "larger" cause.
ok, well regardless I don't think your theory makes sense even in light of how it happened. There wasn't a card that said La La Land won and then they changed it. Or had multiple cards for Best Picture with different winners. The card the presenter had was for Emma Stone, who was in La La Land, so LLL got announced and it was later corrected.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Good luck with this, as with all extremists; A4T is profoundly enmeshed in self-induced "click whirr."

As the call handle A4T has not been a loud enough indicator :chuckle:

You got the hots for me? You sure follow me around to comment enough.