The Great Persecution has Begun even in the USA

THall

Even the cakes are gay now? What is this world coming to?

Anyway, the bakers weren't fined for not baking a (gay) cake. Apparently the bakers posted the couple's personal contact information on their facebook page, which led to death threats against the couple, and because of concerns for the safety of their foster children amidst the continuous barrage of threats, the couple feared losing custody of them.

The bakers were ordered to pay damages for emotional distress suffered by the couple ordering the cake.

http://otherwww.alternet.org/civil-...ason-anti-gay-bakers-oregon-were-fined-135000

You really need to vet your sources......

"However, the ruling shows the bakery owners had made Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer the victims of persecution and makes clear the payment was compensation for damages and not a fine or civil penalty, reported the blog "Love, Joy and Feminism."

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If Christians don't stand up and defend their most basic rights,
including the right to practice their religion in public, at home,
in schools, and on government property, the slaughter will be rapid.

Greatest Persecution in History has Begun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlI97RKm1go
The religious elites are again impersonating the oppressed.

We live in an interconnected global culture and this is the first time in the long history of civilization that this is happening.

We need to try not being so sensitive and avoid playing the victim card.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Probably because you were not the man

they arrested for having Bible studies in

his home.

Neither was he...Cite please? I'm looking forward to the list of Christians so totally oblivious to zoning and neighborly common sense that they got themselves arrested rather than find an appropriate venue when the size of their Bible studies get out of hand.

...After all it's cool to clog up residential areas if you claim CHRIST...Right? :)

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The Great Persecution has Begun even in the USA

I actually do, whenever I speak in a way which runs counter to the PC partly line.....

Don't let them intimidate you...They are paper tigers who are usually unable to logically support their own positions...Like most typical bullies their power lies in their ability to silence you and misrepresent you.

Jose Fly

Neither was he...Cite please? I'm looking forward to the list of Christians so totally oblivious to zoning and neighborly common sense that they got themselves arrested rather than find an appropriate venue when the size of their Bible studies get out of hand.

...After all it's cool to clog up residential areas if you claim CHRIST...Right? :)

Don't you see? Even though the law doesn't say a thing about Christians or Christianity, if a Christian violates it and is prosecuted.....

....IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE CHRISTIAN!!!!11!!! :noid:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Even the cakes are gay now? What is this world coming to?

Anyway, the bakers weren't fined for not baking a (gay) cake. Apparently the bakers posted the couple's personal contact information on their facebook page, which led to death threats against the couple, and because of concerns for the safety of their foster children amidst the continuous barrage of threats, the couple feared losing custody of them.

The bakers were ordered to pay damages for emotional distress suffered by the couple ordering the cake.

http://otherwww.alternet.org/civil-...ason-anti-gay-bakers-oregon-were-fined-135000

You really need to vet your sources......

"However, the ruling shows the bakery owners had made Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer the victims of persecution and makes clear the payment was compensation for damages and not a fine or civil penalty, reported the blog "Love, Joy and Feminism."

:duh:

As for vetting sources... says the guy who gave me a wiki page on the Trump thread with nothing on it but unsubstantiated allegations.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I actually do, whenever I speak in a way which runs counter to the PC partly line.....

For not following the Christian "party-line" -- for centuries -- non-believers have been killed; maimed; imprisoned; blackballed; during the McCarthy era, accused of being communists and generally viewed as moral degenerates.

As such, non-believers hold very little sympathy for you and your ilk....actually, truth be told, they're likely enjoying your comeuppances.

bybee

For not following the Christian "party-line" -- for centuries -- non-believers have been killed; maimed; imprisoned; blackballed; during the McCarthy era, accused of being communists and generally viewed as moral degenerates.

As such, non-believers hold very little sympathy for you and your ilk....actually, truth be told, they're likely enjoying your comeuppances.

The problem with "comeuppances" is that they tend to generate ill will.

bybee

e.g. Karma. I tend to agree...to everything, its season.

...and included within the Karmic veil is grace, mercy, forgiveness and love through which one is able to grow. All of the attributes which foster healing and nurture give hope for a better way to be.
The attributes which destroy or tear down, that is, vengeance, pay back, hate and judgmentalism stop growth, stop learning and lead to more destructive behavior.
The ability to forgive needs to be exercised and its benefits lauded just as the benefits of physical exercise are lauded.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Correct, but mockery on a forum is no where near the traditional definition of persecution.

I kind of got the idea that he was referring to IRL...But I could be mistaken. :idunno:

Last edited:

Quetzal

I kind of got the idea that he was referring to IRL...But I could be mistaken. :idunno:
I thought he was referring to here or other places on the internet. I could be mistaken as well, since he did not provide any details. :idunno:

THall

Well that sure explains all the non arrests from clogging going on

during family get togethers and birthdays and other social events.