Banned
Top 10 GOP debate quotes

1)
Donald Trump

“Our country is out of control. People are pouring across the southern border.”
Illegal immigration from Mexico has “come to a standstill.”

2)
Chris Christie

"When I stand across from King Hussein of Jordan and I say to him, 'You have a friend again sir, who will stand with you to fight this fight,' he'll change his mind."
King Hussein of Jordan has been dead since 1999.

3)
Ted Cruz

“When you are letting people in, when the FBI can't vet them, it puts American citizens at risk.”
The FBI is more than capable of vetting refugees.

“The United States can vet the refugees through a process that involves the FBI as well as the State Department, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense and other agencies. The vetting process can take up to two years, in which refugees undergo several rounds of security clearance checks.”

4)
Marco Rubio

“...Around the world, America's influence has declined while this president has destroyed our military...”
Barack Obama has increased drone strikes in Pakistan, and expanded them to Somalia and Yemen.

5)
Donald Trump

“But I've been talking about oil for three years. I've been saying, ‘Take the oil, take the oil.’

I didn't say, ‘Just bomb it.’ I said, ‘Take it and use it’…

People, I've been saying this now for many years.

Now, all of a sudden everybody's saying, ‘take the oil.’ It wasn't so fashionable to take the oil six months ago. I've been saying it for years.”
Yes, Trump is actually proclaiming as a positive his long-term goal of ravaging foreign countries to rob them of their natural resources.

He is the only candidate on this stage who’s been calling for murder and thievery for years.

Vote Trump!

6)
Ben Carson

(Hugh Hewitt: “Could you order air strikes that would kill innocent children by not the scores, but the hundreds and the thousands?”)

“...You should see the eyes of some of those children when I say to them we're going to have to open your head up and take out this tumor...They don't like me very much at that point. But later on, they love me...

“...Later on… they really realize what's going on. And by the same token, you have to be able to look at the big picture and understand that it's actually merciful if you go ahead and finish the job, rather than death by 1,000 pricks.”
(“So you are OK with the deaths of thousands of innocent children and civilian?”)

“You got it. You got it.”
(“That is what war -- can you be as ruthless as Churchill was in prosecuting the war against the Nazis?”)

“Ruthless is not necessarily the word I would use, but tough, resolute, understanding what the problems are...”
“Ruthless” is not “the word [Carson] would use” to describe the murder of “thousands of innocent children and civilians.” Akin to kids being treated by a doctor, Carson thinks the people whose babies and family members he plans to execute in cold blood will actually “love” him once “they really realize what’s going on.”

7)
Ted Cruz

“Well, you know, I'm reminded of what FDR's grandfather said.

He said, ‘All horse-thieves are Democrats, but not all Democrats are horse-thieves.’

Donald Trump

“When you had the World Trade Center go, people were put into planes – that were friends, family, girlfriends – and they were sent back for the most part to Saudi Arabia. They knew what was going on. They went home and they wanted to watch their boyfriends on television.”
The first time Trump made this claim, he used “wives” instead of “girlfriends,” but, since the media has pointed out almost all of the 19 terrorists were unmarried, he has now adapted to “girlfriends.”

Either way he is wrong— the hijackers had largely cut off contact with their families, and none had “friends, family, girlfriends” in the United States who were “put into planes” back to “Saudi Arabia.”

Trump is selling fear, portraying all Muslims as gleeful about Western deaths (as if Muslims are not Westerners) so the American people will become afraid, and vote Donald Trump into office, the one and only person who can save us and make America great again (remind me when that “again” was?).

9)
Carly Fiorina

“And I will not speak to [Putin] personally until we've rebuilt the 6th Fleet a little bit right under his nose; rebuilt the missile defense program in Poland right under his nose; and conducted a few military exercises in the Baltic states.”
The 6th Fleet is already growing, the Obama administration is already in the process of placing 24 anti-ballistic missile interceptors in Poland, and the last military exercise in the Baltic Sea was a widely publicized event held in June, with 17 countries and 5,600 ground, naval, and air force personnel involved.

10)
Jeb Bush

“Because I — first of all, I know what I don't know. I know what I don't know.

I would seek out, as I have, the best advice that exists.”
Tell me, Jeb, who exactly is going to be giving you this superb advice?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Apparently there is a GOP debate in SC this evening. I missed any advertising of it, and I can't find listed on TV. I guess I'll see highlights tonight and tomorrow.