The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
His response to Kasich's challenge that deporting 11M illegals was not doable was priceless humor.

Trump said Ike was "a nice guy, a real nice guy. I like Ike, right? Remember that? I like Ike. Well, he moved 1.5 million immigrants across the border but they came back, so he moved them again. Moved 'em way down south. They didn't come back. "

Trump continued, "Dwight Eisenhower, you don't get nicer. You don't get friendlier."

I'm watching this and thinking to myself--Eisenhower was the supreme commander of the European Theater of Operations in World War II, he took the war to the Nazis by invading France. Planned and carried out D-Day in the biggest war the world has ever seen. WHAT A NICE GUY HE WAS!!

Trump has no depth and little knowledge of history. The more he talks the worse he sounds.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Trump is a social ape, judging and oblivious to his own vanity and stupidity; his eventual undoing. I like Rnad but he sounds like a surfer (his voice). LOL we'll see what the polls say. I don't know how polls can be accurate.

Trump may be a social ape, vane, you might even throw in horrible orator but, stupid? hardly...Trump, love him or hate him has a very strong following because he has a history of successful executive leadership. He is not my pick either but, I don't for a second write the man off as stupid and certainly not inept.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
My Take:

Trump: Horrible orator, is able to speak well to what he knows and wings it with gibberish for the things he doesn't. He had an O.K. night, nothing earthshaking.

Carson: A man of integrity, extremely smart man, doesn't shine well under the spotlight and needs to stop with the constant long blinking while stumbling over his words. He did O.K. as well.

Cruz: The best of them all last night, smart, articulate, very presidential IMO.

Rubio: Another big government RINO, a very polished, young, and wet behind the ears politician certainly not ready for the presidency IMO.

Fiorina: Not impressed at all...Trying to hard to look serious and coming off like an angry woman. She has a great stump and she continues to spout the same ole every debate ad nauseam. Her record is one of failure and with her stage presence it is no wonder why...she is just plain rude :down:

Bush: Put a fork in him, he is done...One word...Horrible!

Paul: He has some good ideas but, when mixed with the rest of his ideas which are not so good you have an unelectable candidate and is probably a good thing for America, he seems a bit naive of the danger that is in, & surrounds this nation. He is done...

Kasich: Another liberal big government RINO just like Bush or Rubio. He thinks himself to be the most experienced and tells you over & over of all the great liberal things he has done in Ohio to keep the governorship there. Seems to love the word "thrice" because I have heard it thrice now at every debate...sheesh! I think that is the first time I have used the word and hate it. Kasich like Bush is swirling the bowl but, it may take a plunger to make these two turds go down...Just go away already!

And before someone asks, I like Cruz...I could vote for Carson as well but, Cruz is shaping up to be a really good candidate.

P.S. I didn't vote in the poll because it is irrelevant and premature.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Voted other - since Mike Huckabee isnt listed and notes the poll favors Trump, since hes listed in it twice.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It is too early for the poll like I already said and rocketman pointed out. I also left off Huckabee and put Trump twice by mistake. The Presidential candidate will preclude any VP announcement I suppose.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Now it comes out that Ben got a call during surgery, long story short, Carson won't give his DNA on the grounds that it may end up at a murder scene somewhere ? He's paranoid delusional.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Now it comes out that Ben got a call during surgery, long story short, Carson won't give his DNA on the grounds that it may end up at a murder scene somewhere ? He's paranoid delusional.

Do you really buy into the Left, the RINO, and the progressive liberal media's attempt to smear this guy or any other candidate? I really thought people were smarter than that...or maybe not. Understand one thing, the groups I have listed above will stop at nothing to destroy any candidate that is not part of the corrupt government system, these very groups see any outsider as a threat to the corrupt crony corporatist system which is Washington D.C. I am not endorsing any candidate, I just detest these progressives from all sides trying to use utter deceit to form and shape public opinion. It is high time to reject the status quo and those that are part of it.

glorydaz

Do you really buy into the Left, the RINO, and the progressive liberal media's attempt to smear this guy or any other candidate? I really thought people were smarter than that...or maybe not. Understand one thing, the groups I have listed above will stop at nothing to destroy any candidate that is not part of the corrupt government system, these very groups see any outsider as a threat to the corrupt crony corporatist system which is Washington D.C. I am not endorsing any candidate, I just detest these progressives from all sides trying to use utter deceit to form and shape public opinion. It is high time to reject the status quo and those that are part of it.

:thumb:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm tired of the way these debates are formatted. I'd like to see a debate formatted like this. Two main sections....

1) I can understand that some questions are specific to a particular candidate so there can be a time to ask those questions. Perhaps each candidate gets one or two.

2) When that is done, the rest of the debate is a series of general questions that EVERY candidate has time to respond to.

Why do we only get to hear about how a couple candidates would handle a new banking crisis? Why do we only hear from a couple candidates on what they'd do with ISIS? If I'm going to be voting for one of these people I want to know how each of them would respond. I would have loved for each candidate to go through their tax plans in the last debate. Then we as voters would really be able to get the info and make an informed decision. On top of that, I think it's more fair and gives more talking time to the lesser candidates.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm tired of the way these debates are formatted. I'd like to see a debate formatted like this. Two main sections....

1) I can understand that some questions are specific to a particular candidate so there can be a time to ask those questions. Perhaps each candidate gets one or two.

2) When that is done, the rest of the debate is a series of general questions that EVERY candidate has time to respond to.

Why do we only get to hear about how a couple candidates would handle a new banking crisis? Why do we only hear from a couple candidates on what they'd do with ISIS? If I'm going to be voting for one of these people I want to know how each of them would respond. I would have loved for each candidate to go through their tax plans in the last debate. Then we as voters would really be able to get the info and make an informed decision. On top of that, I think it's more fair and gives more talking time to the lesser candidates.

That sounds like a plan to me, i also would like to hear from all of them on the same issues.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Anyone watching the Dem debate tonight?

Colleg football is competing with it and will probably win. :eek:

SaulToPaul 2

Totally.

CNN
The debate is tonight and I hope Trump shows how incompetent he is again. He simply cannot be president and everybody knows it. He thinks the polls speak for all the voters, the polls will be a changin'. The sooner the better.

He is a laughing stock.