ECT The Gospel Preached at Pentecost

Interplanner

Of course you make that assertion without any evidence to support that assertion.

The Scriptures will be searched in vain for anything which even hints that Paul was told to preach the same "good news" to the Gentiles which he preached to the Jews. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

You have been shown this truth previously and you just IGNORED it even though it completely destroys your position that only one gospel was preached.

Jerry's summaries are worthless.

Rom 1-3 are full of the same gospel to both, so is Gal 2, except in the Revised Bludgeoned 2P2Pd Ungrammatical Version.

Jerry thinks being the Christ is totally different content from being Christ crucified. This is folly. This is what 2P2P does to a good mind and a clear writer.

Danoh

You're both off, in that, as with ANY language in ANY culture and or sub-culture...Overall Narrative ALWAYS rules OVER any rule of grammar.

It FIRST determines, and then AFTERWARDS points back to, the intended sense, or meaning.

Acts 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. 17:4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

Was that all he had opened and alleged?

1 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. 1:2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 1:4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake. 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost: 1:7 So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia. 1:8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

That is this...

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

Meaning, that Paul had also gone into the delay in Daniel's 70th week.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

Interplanner

Since you cannot answer the message you attack the messenger.

Nope, the message, on the basis of the passages listed. I have never encountered a more destructive but also hair-splitting splitter of words. "The Christ" now has nothing to do with "the Christ crucified."

I know of no place in the NT where they step away from 'there is no favoritism with God.'

Rom 1-3 is full of the one gospel being preached first to the Jew (Jerusalem, Judea) and then the Gentiles (the ends of the earth). '

Your take on all this is worthless.

Interplanner

This whole mistake of Jerry's comes from the titanic mistake about Peter's rebuke. He simply does not understand that these people were not theology-bots out making doctrinally-correct or otherwise statements at given times.

They were young men scared about their future, especially the thought that their own master might be the new temple who is destroyed and then raised in 3 days, very early in his ministry.

Jerry Shugart

Paul visited the synagogues preaching the word of salvation. Nowhere does the Bible say that Jesus told Paul to teach another gospel to the Jews.

The Scriptures will be searched in vain for anything which even hints that Paul was told to preach the same "good news" to the Gentiles which he preached to the Jews. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

Why do you continue to run and hide from these facts?

DAN P

dan it is not rocket science. AFTER J.B. prophesied and bore witness to "the lamb that takes away the sins of the word" is when Jesus was crucified. Duhhhhhh !

Hi and you did NOT rebut post #336 , and you can not !!~

dan p

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Why do you continue to run and hide from these facts?

I don't want to join your cult.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Do you not know the difference between Damascus and Arabia? Are they one and the same in your mind?

The reason you keep arguing about this and the ridiculous open theism junk is because you are trying to convince yourself that what you've reasoned up is true. But it isn't. You're building with wood hay stubble bro. Your loss.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Jerry, you claim that the Jews couldn't have known the gospel but on another thread you claim that those savages that never saw a missionary can figure out the gospel from nature. Which is it man? There's a lot of inconsistency in your theological bias.

Danoh

The reason you keep arguing about this and the ridiculous open theism junk is because you are trying to convince yourself that what you've reasoned up is true. But it isn't. You're building with wood hay stubble bro. Your loss.

I doubt Jerry holds to the error that is open theism.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry, you claim that the Jews couldn't have known the gospel but on another thread you claim that those savages that never saw a missionary can figure out the gospel from nature. Which is it man? There's a lot of inconsistency in your theological bias.

I never said that they figured out the gospel from nature. Instead, from nature they knew that God exists:

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Ro.1:18-21).​