Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The Gay Pride (Oxymoron) Parade

This is the show from Wednesday June 25th, 2008.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
When I had some civil conversations with some of them that were more calm and more educated they would say, "This stuff offends us" and "Can't you understand how it makes us angry?" And I would ask them, "Don't you think we need diversity and tolerance? Are you espousing that we should be tolerant?" And they said, "Absolutely." And I said, "So, what would you say when the vast majority of your people spit at us, swore at us, hit us, punched us, pushed us, heckled us, punched and spit at our women? You're telling me we need to be tolerant of you. Is that a message that you also believe for yourselves? Is that something that you need to be toward people who are different minded than yourselves? Because we're here with a message for you but we're not spitting at you and we're not pushing you and we're not heckling you and we're not hitting you.
One of our guys had a huge sign that said, "We're here because we care about you."
They really expect us to feel about them the way that they feel about us. They really expect us to hate them, not want them to repent. We're there because we love them.

SUMMARY:

* Jo Scott and Brian Enyart discuss Denver's 2008 Gay Pride Parade and the disturbing truth of what sexual immorality does to people.

Today's Resources: Please help BEL continue to reach more people! By subscribing to the Monthly Sermons resource, every month the U.S. Mail will deliver Bob's sermons to your door. Also, you can consider subscribing to the BEL Televised Classics on DVD (to see the educational and often hilarious, and sometimes intense, episodes from Bob's nationally syndicated TV show). And you can subscribe to our monthly Bible Study Albums, or our monthly topical Videos! In fact, you could also sign up to donate monthly to BEL. These resource subscriptions will help you grow spiritually and intellectually! So many have reported that the biblical knowledge they gain from these resources is so practical that it has helped them improve: their marriages and other relationships, parenting and grand-parenting, work relationships, evangelizing, and so many general life skills! And of course, subscribing to one or more of these services will not only help you, at the same time you will be helping KGOV continue to reach more people with our biblically-based worldview!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Claiming to want to help people with a "...but if we ran things, we'd execute you" strikes me as a tad disingenuous.

PlastikBuddha

Do you suppose that if the KKK showed up at a Black History parade but pointed out that they weren't shouting or heckling that this would make them more welcome? Being polite doesn't change the fact that you want to see their lifestyle made a capital crime.

C

cattyfan

Blacks can't change color. Gays CAN change their behavior.

MrRadish

How is Gay Pride an oxymoron anyway?

Whether you like gays or not, you can't deny the fact that some of them are proud of so being.

PlastikBuddha

Blacks can't change color. Gays CAN change their behavior.

That doesn't mean they have to. Or that they want to listen to you tell them that they have to while they are at an event arranged specifically to celebrate the fact that they don't have to.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Do you suppose that if the KKK showed up at a Black History parade but pointed out that they weren't shouting or heckling that this would make them more welcome? Being polite doesn't change the fact that you want to see their lifestyle made a capital crime.
Being black isn't a sin, moron.

PlastikBuddha

Being black isn't a sin, moron.

Homoesxuality being a sin isn't universally accepted either, numbskull. :D
The point isn't whether or not being gay or being black is sinful or whether or not they can change. The point is that neither group should have to listen to people disparage them when they have come together to celebrate. If you show up, don't expect a warm reception. Don't feign surprise, no matter how politely you phrase your disapproval. Make no mistake, you aren't welcome. If that bothers you, then cry me a river, Argentina.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Being a black American citizen is a sin in the eyes of the KKK.... moron. ;)
But not in the eyes of God.:dunce::duh:

Homoesxuality being a sin isn't universally accepted either, numbskull. :D
The point isn't whether or not being gay or being black is sinful or whether or not they can change. The point is that neither group should have to listen to people disparage them when they have come together to celebrate. If you show up, don't expect a warm reception. Don't feign surprise, no matter how politely you phrase your disapproval. Make no mistake, you aren't welcome. If that bothers you, then cry me a river, Argentina.
Universal acceptance isn't the issue. The truth is.

And I don't expect them to accept me. But if they do, and repent and turn to God, I will praise Him with every fiber of my being. And welcome them to the family of God. But if they spit in my face, they shouldn't be surprised when I rebuke them all the more, any more than I shouldn't be surprised if they do spit in my face.

Quincy

There is no reason to hating or outlawing homosexuality other than some creed from any random religion that is steeped in procreation. If it's patrons were to turn homosexual there would be no more kiddies to raise in the creed and the faiths continuation would rest solely on converts. It's really no surprise they would write in homosexuality is an abomination. If people would stop to think why an act that harms no one is considered a sin people would see the hypocrisy behind it.

PlastikBuddha

Universal acceptance isn't the issue. The truth is.
And I know you think you have a monopoly on it. So do many others. I'm unimpressed.
And I don't expect them to accept me.
Wise choice.
But if they do, and repent and turn to God, I will praise Him with every fiber of my being.
Don't you do that anyways?
And welcome them to the family of God. But if they spit in my face, they shouldn't be surprised when I rebuke them all the more, any more than I shouldn't be surprised if they do spit in my face.
OK. Do you think this confrontational approach is going to bring anyone a message they haven't heard before, and probably in a less offensive way? Would you listen to someone who barged in where he wasn't welcome and started telling you what a horrible person you are and how the creator of the universe despises your lifestyle? Particularly if you don't believe that what they are saying is true? It might be emotionally satisfying for you to imagine yourself as some kind of holy paladin infiltrating the ranks of the enemy and spreading mayhem, but to the rest of us it just looks like being a douchebag.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a question for anyone who thinks homosexuality is not a perversion:
Do homos love each other?

Quincy

Love is an emotion comprised of affection, kinship, devotion, sexual desire, and admiration. There is no good reasoning to think homosexuals can't give each other that.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Is there even one atheist and/or pinko commie on this forum who is not also a supporter of the AIDS lifestyle?

asilentskeptic

Is there even one atheist and/or pinko commie on this forum who is not also a supporter of the AIDS lifestyle?

You mean like the AIDS epidemic in Namibia where 19.7 percent of the pregnant women have AIDS and the leading "AIDS lifestyle" is that of a heterosexual?

When Africa has 64 per cent of the world's total HIV positive population and it is a direct result of a heterosexual lifestyle, you may need to find a new drum to march to.

Now, if you were talking about promiscuity in general... your point may be more accurate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.