how can you ignore something like that?

fzappa13

take for example the thousand years
we have only one empire to consider
and
it happens to be a christian empire
where the church and state work together
how can you ignore something like that?

Because the vast majority of what is written of this period indicates Christ ruling on earth ... and that hasn't happened yet.

fzappa13

it doesn't say Christ will reign

Come on, man. Really?

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

What do you think Ezekiel 40-48 is about?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Come on, man. Really?

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
?

when two or more are gathered in His name
Christ is with them
and
they are reigning with Christ
if
they happen to be reigning

fzappa13

Or, you could just let the word of God say what it says. This business of trying to shoe horn past events into a fulfillment of prophecy is no different than what the various progeny of the Millerite movement do. Every eye shall see Him. Every knee shall bow. There will be no doubt.

fzappa13

don't you mean what you think it means?

are you not aware of all the different interpretations?

how can you be sure of yours?

... mmm ... Jesus hasn't shown up yet?

Doesn't mean I'm right, but, at least it doesn't preclude that ... unlike your offering. Every eye shall see Him. Every knee shall bow.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
... mmm ... Jesus hasn't shown up yet?

Doesn't mean I'm right, but, at least it doesn't preclude that ... unlike your offering. Every eye shall see Him. Every knee shall bow.

what are you offering?

it isn't clear
and
what do you think I am offering?
that
isn't clear either

do you have anything besides confusion?

fzappa13

what are you offering?

it isn't clear
and
what do you think I am offering?
that
isn't clear either

do you have anything besides confusion?

You're saying Christ has ruled and reigned and I'm saying He hasn't. That's about as succinctly as I can put it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You're saying Christ has ruled and reigned and I'm saying He hasn't. That's about as succinctly as I can put it.

it should be clear
that
is not what I am saying

why can't you see that?

I am saying clearly that the byzantine empire is the thousand years of chapter 20 of the apocalypse

how clear is that?

Right Divider

Body part
it should be clear
that
is not what I am saying

why can't you see that?

I am saying clearly that the byzantine empire is the thousand years of chapter 20 of the apocalypse

how clear is that?
It's so clear that we can all see that you don't have a clue as to the meaning of scripture.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have before, but you're to fixated on your "theory" to understand it. It's so simple that even a child can understand it.

For someone to reign WITH Christ means that Christ has to be reigning.

Get with it Mr. BadFormatter.

why doesn't it say Christ will reign with them?