patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane

The one man "intohimself" Show Live From Hawaii every night
Star of the show baby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You remind me of Pat Sajak, live from the islands on weeknights. It's flat there too, ya know.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What do you think we're talking about, Dave. The size of the earth.

The earth, for most of us who have been open to flat earth, went from huge to small. I never imagined that the earth's curvature was 8 inch per mile squared. This "planet" became a lot smaller than I thought it was. What was once in my mind unobservable now has become observable.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The earth, for most of us who have been open to flat earth, went from huge to small. I never imagined that the earth's curvature was 8 inch per mile squared. This "planet" became a lot smaller than I thought it was. What was once in my mind unobservable now has become observable.

--Dave

Dave, I've already addressed this. See below.

View attachment 26161

Amount of curvature in the globe earth model is the best evidence for a flat earth.

1 mile 8 inches
2 miles 32 inches (not 16)
3 miles 72 inches (6 feet)

Even a 1 to 2 inch drop of earth, a body of water (lake or river) in a quarter mile, would never just stay in place, water moves until level. That's when the gravity holds water in place idea becomes falsified. We are supposed to believe that over greater distance what happens at short distances does not occur. Yet at every short distance (every quarter mile) in between water moves if the land drops an inch. But in a mile and with an 8 inch drop the rivers and lakes do not move because of gravity?

Dave, even assuming that gravity doesn't exist, and it's only density/buoyancy that causes things to rise or fall, on a spherical mass, things would rise and fall in relation towards the center of the earth, not north being up and south being down.

If "down" is towards the center of the planet, then water would find it's own level around that center point. And yes, the water's surface would be convex, not flat.

But these lakes and rivers are not convex over the visible and testable distance in which a 1 to 8 inch drop is supposed to exist in one mile. Gravity is imagined "holding" oceans and lakes and rivers in place so that they cannot move to level / flat in a long not visible distance yet we find in every case in the short visible distance that they do move to level with no visible curve. Because we see water moving to level in a mile distance, and every mile over every mile of every longer distance, we must conclude there is no curve or drop other any long distance.

That's no different than saying we don't see evolution in the short span of time but it is occurring in the long term that we cannot see. Both the evolutionist and the globists argue from what is invisible, the one from the invisible distance of time the other from the invisible distance of miles. Both contradict what we see in the short term both in time and miles.

Here's the part you need to pay attention to.

Dave, an 8in drop over a distance of 63,360in (1mi) is not going to be very noticable. In fact, unless you can perceive a drop of 1/7920th of a mile at a distance of a mile away, you're not going to be able to see the curve from ground level.

Again, Dave, unless you can see a 1/7920th of a mile drop at a distance of one mile away, you're not going to be able to see the curve of the earth at ground level.

Dave, there are 63,360 inches in 1 mile. 8 inches is not that much of a drop after one mile, neither is

This is the decimal result when you divide 8/63360 (or reduced to 1/79720):
0.000126262626262626262626262626262626262626...(number continues infinitely)

That is 0.012626262626262626262626...% of a mile. You simply can't see that kind of a difference 1 mile away. That's why people like you make the claim that the earth is flat, because you can't comprehend the scale of the earth.

Dave, I already said that even if gravity didn't exist, and only buoyancy/density determined whether something goes up or down, then objects would STILL only go up to the sky or down towards the CENTER of the globe earth.

Dave, get out a pencil and paper (or if you can, build what I'm about to describe), and draw a large circle for me, and put a dot in the middle. Yes, please do this, I want to see if you're capable of comprehending how gravity works (even if we don't know what it is or what causes it).

Now draw 20 lines out from the center (preferably not straight across the center) of the circle, and make sure they're drawn neatly and equidistant from each other Then draw a short perpendicular line (a tangent) on the edge of the circle where the lines meet the circle, then draw an arrow on the outside of the tangent lines pointing towards the center of the circle.

You may want a compass (no, not the directional compass, what you use for drawing circles) and a ruler and maybe even a protractor.

Ok, now that that's done, we're gonna test your imagination for a bit. Imagine that each of the tangent lines are magnetic bars on sliders that can move in and out from the center of the circle, but have a tendency to slide away from the center of the circle because they are arranged positive to positive and negative to negative ([-+][+-][-+][+-][-+][+-][-+]) all the way around, and that each of the lines inside the circle are rubber bands that pull in the direction the arrows are pointing.

The rubber bands represent gravity, and the magnetic bars represent water molecules.

What do you think happens when the bars are allowed to slide freely on their rails? they find their own distance from the other magnets, right?

In that same way, (though not through magnetism,) water finds its own level on a spherical planet.

Dave, using your reasoning, you're the one making the claim, "because we can't see a curve (like evolution (which again, I DO NOT believe happens)) therefore it must not be curved (therefore no evolution happens)."

That's called an argument from silence, or an argument from ignorance, both of which are logical fallacies.

Dave, I'm pretty sure that I've asked you this before, but could you please stop lumping round earth creationists in with evolutionists?

As for what you said, No, Dave, round earth creationists DO NOT argue from what is invisible. We take measurements, make calculations, and prove our work. You on the other hand have provided nothing but hand-waving and just so arguments, along with plenty of videos which most people will never watch, because the premise is illogical.

By the way, Dave, did you ever do that experiment in that post?

PJ, something I need to address from this post that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.

How do you know if in any of those photos the camera is not just angled slightly downward?

Take for example the image looking out over the plane's wing.

When you're on the ground looking out over the wing of the plane, is the end of the wing below eye-level? or is it at the same level as your eye? It's below right?

So then why in the image is the wing above the horizon? If the horizon was truly rising with your altitude, then the wing would still be below the horizon line. But in that image it's not, so the angle of the camera must be angled downward to put the horizon at the center of the image.

Don't you think that's a bit dishonest of flat earthers to use angled cameras to say that the horizon is still level with them?

And for the rest of the images, there's really no discernable way to tell if the camera is angled at all. So at best, it's doubtful that they are level when trying to put the horizon in the center of the image.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dave, I've already addressed this. See below.

Here's the part you need to pay attention to.

By the way, Dave, did you ever do that experiment in that post?

PJ, something I need to address from this post that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.

How do you know if in any of those photos the camera is not just angled slightly downward?

Take for example the image looking out over the plane's wing.

When you're on the ground looking out over the wing of the plane, is the end of the wing below eye-level? or is it at the same level as your eye? It's below right?

So then why in the image is the wing above the horizon? If the horizon was truly rising with your altitude, then the wing would still be below the horizon line. But in that image it's not, so the angle of the camera must be angled downward to put the horizon at the center of the image.

Don't you think that's a bit dishonest of flat earthers to use angled cameras to say that the horizon is still level with them?

And for the rest of the images, there's really no discernable way to tell if the camera is angled at all. So at best, it's doubtful that they are level when trying to put the horizon in the center of the image.
If they are angling cameras down that would be dishonest and deceptive. You trust nasa though?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
If they are angling cameras down that would be dishonest and deceptive. You trust nasa though?

Trying to search thru the prophets to prove flat earth betokens unworthy scholarship. Daft Dave, yourself Pastor Noodle all demonstrate an inability to rightly divide the word of God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Trying to search thru the prophets to prove flat earth betokens unworthy scholarship. Daft Dave, yourself Pastor Noodle all demonstrate an inability to rightly divide the word of God.

You are ignorant of what is written. Start a thread and teach us all the "right way" to study.Stop being angry and bitter because you love the globe they told you about when you were 3 yrs old. Then wait for the easter bunny to come by with the tooth fairy.

7c4aad547fc45061bf104d28c0cc9b24.jpg

Right Divider

Body part
You are ignorant of what is written. Start a thread and teach us all the "right way" to study.Stop being angry and bitter because you love the globe they told you about when you were 3 yrs old. Then wait for the easter bunny to come by with the tooth fairy.
When we view the sun.... it's the SAME size all day long.... flat earth is bogus by simple evidence.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When we view the sun.... it's the SAME size all day long.... flat earth is bogus by simple evidence.
It must have you scratching your head after the overwhelming and increasing evidence available for FE. We know you'r thinking it's possible by all your posts. Don't fight it, but you CAN keep it yourself so you "look better" to all the viewers. God plainly tells us the truth about everything.

[h=1]HILLARY CLINTON - BREAKING THE HARD GLASS CEILING - FLAT EARTH[/h]
6 Minutes

Right Divider

Body part
It must have you scratching your head after the overwhelming and increasing evidence available for FE. We know you'r thinking it's possible by all your posts. Don't fight it, but you CAN keep it yourself so you "look better" to all the viewers. God plainly tells us the truth about everything.

HILLARY CLINTON - BREAKING THE HARD GLASS CEILING - FLAT EARTH

6 Minutes
You just run from the facts.

Why is the sun the SAME size all day long?

Bonus question: Why does EVERYONE on earth see the SAME face of the moon if it's circling 1000-3000 miles above the earth? [clue: flat earth is false]

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

7c4aad547fc45061bf104d28c0cc9b24.jpg

The book of Genesis was written before the theory of evolution. So why are 99% of those who teach Genesis focused on evolution? Would David have taught that book that way? Or Samuel? Or Isaiah? Think about it. You’ve missed the boat and are part of the 99%. The Bible is not a book on science. Jesus will not come back again until the Jews ask for Him to come back. The prophets all taught the same message.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The book of Genesis was written before the theory of evolution. So why are 99% of those who teach Genesis focused on evolution? Would David have taught that book that way? Or Samuel? Or Isaiah? Think about it. You’ve missed the boat and are part of the 99%. The Bible is not a book on science. Jesus will not come back again until the Jews ask for Him to come back. The prophets all taught the same message.

Thanks for your concern. I'm already saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.