The Earth Is A Sphere According To The Bible

Stuu

Bah.
What proof can you offer that Peter never saw the Lord Jesus Christ?
I can't prove a negative. But it is you claiming that Peter recorded an eyewitness account of Jesus, which we have today. Can you show that to us, and demonstrate that it is reasonable to believe it is really an eyewitness account?

Stuart

CherubRam

Firmament above and below is the ground above and below. Orthodox Jews did not believe in hell, that is a Pagan belief. The Hebrew word "Sheol" means grave.

daqq

Whether one believes in this view or not, watch how well this guy (Rob Skiba) puts his view together by taking scripture literally when describing heaven and earth.

1 hour 50 minutes

Okay, again thanks for posting this: I ended up watching the whole thing just to be sure where he was coming from and where he was headed, (concluded). Funny thing is right when he began to speak about the fourth day he was speaking about how others for some reason tend to want to add "planets" into the text even though such language is nowhere to be found. And yet as he says that he does not realize that he himself is doing the same with the sun and moon, which also are not in the text, (which was my initial statement concerning what is on the front page imagery of the video). That is okay I suppose, for everyone seems to do the same, (I'm not faulting him but just saying it is not correct according to what the text strictly says). However he does touch on the 1Cor15 passage, though lightly, when he mentions Paul saying that there is one glory of the sun and another glory of the moon, etc., etc., but he fails to realize the foremost critical point to be taken from that passage: for Paul boldly and openly states, in 1Cor15:45, that the first man Adam "became a living soul", and therefore the first man Adam is the one formed in Gen2:7, (not Gen1:26-28). Unfortunately this means that neither Rob, nor anyone else who does not first understand this truth, can possibly begin to understand the first chapter of Genesis: for it cannot possibly be speaking of what he and they think that it speaks of. All the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, period, (Mat11:13), and "the second man" is from the heavens, (1Cor 15:47 ASV), and therefore the second man is the Son of Man in Gen1:26-28, and Psalm 8:3-8 moreover confirms this reasoning, and the author of Hebrews quotes from the Psalm and applies it to Messiah, (Heb2:6-9).

Is the rakiah solid and hard? Yep, because it is your gulgoleth, that is, kranion or kranium, (Golgotha, skull), and it is indeed a dome which is tented, and indeed there is a greater light and a lesser light placed inside the rakiah. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, again thanks for posting this: I ended up watching the whole thing just to be sure where he was coming from and where he was headed, (concluded). Funny thing is right when he began to speak about the fourth day he was speaking about how others for some reason tend to want to add "planets" into the text even though such language is nowhere to be found. And yet as he says that he does not realize that he himself is doing the same with the sun and moon, which also are not in the text, (which was my initial statement concerning what is on the front page imagery of the video). That is okay I suppose, for everyone seems to do the same, (I'm not faulting him but just saying it is not correct according to what the text strictly says). However he does touch on the 1Cor15 passage, though lightly, when he mentions Paul saying that there is one glory of the sun and another glory of the moon, etc., etc., but he fails to realize the foremost critical point to be taken from that passage: for Paul boldly and openly states, in 1Cor15:45, that the first man Adam "became a living soul", and therefore the first man Adam is the one formed in Gen2:7, (not Gen1:26-28). Unfortunately this means that neither Rob, nor anyone else who does not first understand this truth, can possibly begin to understand the first chapter of Genesis: for it cannot possibly be speaking of what he and they think that it speaks of. All the Prophets and the Torah prophesied until Yohanan, period, (Mat11:13), and "the second man" is from the heavens, (1Cor 15:47 ASV), and therefore the second man is the Son of Man in Gen1:26-28, and Psalm 8:3-8 moreover confirms this reasoning, and the author of Hebrews quotes from the Psalm and applies it to Messiah, (Heb2:6-9).

Is the rakiah solid and hard? Yep, because it is your gulgoleth, that is, kranion or kranium, (Golgotha, skull), and it is indeed a dome which is tented, and indeed there is a greater light and a lesser light placed inside the rakiah. :chuckle:
I think that is why he inserted the portion of the language expert coming up with the same diagram --------- and they both (Rob Skiba and the language expert Dr. Michael Heiser) have the sun and moon inside the dome.
So it not that language is interpreted wrong, it is whether to believe the language to be literal or not.
(The literal language has the sun and moon inside the dome even by the language expert.)

But as I said, whether one arrives at the same conclusions as he does, I like the way he puts together his info.
In other words, it's not just his opinion, but he sources other experts and scholars (and not just any fluke but reputable) so as not to make it all about his opinion only.

And I also like the fact that he admits he struggles between the flat and globe earth views per the info given by scripture and science, since they conflict if the Bible is taken literally, and that is why he continues to study it out.
Plus the fact that science has shown it's conclusions are not always stable ones.

A question could be this:

If the language is not suppose to be taken literally, but is just poetic idioms of another reality, then what is the reality the idioms are speaking of?
Take the big pic at the bottom of post #57 (that was drawn by the language expert) ------ if it is just idioms then what do the idioms literally represent?

It's interesting to speculate, to say the least.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Firmament above and below is the ground above and below. Orthodox Jews did not believe in hell, that is a Pagan belief. The Hebrew word "Sheol" means grave.
What do those same Jews that don't believe there is a hell say about resurrection?

daqq

I think that is why he inserted the portion of the language expert coming up with the same diagram --------- and they both (Rob Skiba and the language expert Dr. Michael Heiser) have the sun and moon inside the dome.
So it not that language is interpreted wrong, it is whether to believe the language to be literal or not.
(The literal language has the sun and moon inside the dome even by the language expert.)

But as I said, whether one arrives at the same conclusions as he does, I like the way he puts together his info.
In other words, it's not just his opinion, but he sources other experts and scholars (and not just any fluke but reputable) so as not to make it all about his opinion only.

And I also like the fact that he admits he struggles between the flat and globe earth views per the info given by scripture and science, since they conflict if the Bible is taken literally, and that is why he continues to study it out.
Plus the fact that science has shown it's conclusions are not always stable ones.

A question could be this:

If the language is not suppose to be taken literally, but is just poetic idioms of another reality, then what is the reality the idioms are speaking of?
Take the big pic at the bottom of post #57 (that was drawn by the language expert) ------ if it is just idioms then what do the idioms literally represent?

It's interesting to speculate, to say the least.

Well, all I can say is, Hebrew language experts or not: there is still no mention of the sun, (shemesh), or the moon, (yareach), in the fourth day account in the first chapter of Genesis. Moreover, as for what I said, I believe Paul:

The first man Adam according to Paul:

Genesis 2:7 KJV
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
(1Cor15:45)

The Son of Adam and second man from the heavens according to Psalm 8 and Paul:

Genesis 1:26-28 KJV
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Psalm 8:3-8 KJV
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
(Heb2:6)
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
(Heb2:7)
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
(Gen1:26-28, Heb2:8-9, 1Cor15:25-28)
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
(Gen1:28)
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
(Gen1:28)

1 Corinthians 15:22-47 ASV
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; then they that are Christ's, at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet.
(Gen1:26-28, Psa 8:6, Heb2:8-9)
26 The last enemy that shall be abolished is death.
27 For, He put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he saith, All things are put in subjection,
(Gen1:26-28, Psa 8:6, Heb2:8-9) it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things unto him.
28 And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all.
29 Else what shall they do that are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why then are they baptized for them?
30 why do we also stand in jeopardy every hour?
31 I protest by that glorying in you, brethren, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
32 If after the manner of men I fought with beasts at Ephesus, what doth it profit me? If the dead are not raised, let us eat and drink, for to-morrow we die.
33 Be not deceived: Evil companionships corrupt good morals.
34 Awake to soberness righteously, and sin not; for some have no knowledge of God: I speak this to move you to shame.
35 But some one will say, How are the dead raised? and with what manner of body do they come?
36 Thou foolish one, that which thou thyself sowest is not quickened except it die:
37 and that which thou sowest, thou sowest not the body that shall be, but a bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other kind;
38 but God giveth it a body even as it pleased him, and to each seed a body of its own.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fishes.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
43 it is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.
45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul.
(Gen2:7) The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; then that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy:
(Gen2:7) the second man is of heaven.(Gen1:26-28, Psa 8:3-8)

:idunno:

But since this is not really the topic I suppose it best I leave it at this.
Suffice to say: I no longer have any confusion in these matters because of the Word. :)

God's Truth

I called it historical fiction, not just fiction. Jesus existed but his life story was invented to suit. It happened all the time in ancient cultures, and it happens all the time today. If Jesus was to write his own Wikipedia entry today, there would be zealots on there tonight editing the bits they thought didn't fit Jewish prophecy.

Stuart

Jesus tells us how to know if what he says in the Bible is true or not.

God's Truth

They're supposed to be underneath ;)

Isaiah 66:1
This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.

YTC5-1.jpg

It doesn't mean the earth has to look like a human's footstool.

God's Truth

Is that Skiba's work?
He has written several books on his theories.
I think he is the one that says science has been the biggest factor in people rejecting the Bible as true.

While I thought some of his theories were stretched a bit too far, there was one thing he wrote that always stuck with me -------- that the Bible tells us of the moon and sun moving and that they (like the stars and planets) have a course they follow; but never tells us the earth moves or has a course to follow, but that the earth is stationary, fixed and immovable.

The Bible is not supposed to be a science book. We are to come to faith in God through Jesus, not by amazing science facts.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]circle[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]מַעְגָל, חוּג, עִגוּל, סִבּוּב, דוּר, מֵסַב[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]class[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]מַחלָקָה, מַעֲמָד, סוּג, כִּתָה, מִין, חוּג[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]ring[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]טַבַּעַת, צִלצוּל, זִירָה, מַעְגָל, חוּג, חוֹחַ[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]orb[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]גַלגַל הָעַיִן, גַלגַל, עִגוּל, חוּג, תְחוּם, גֶרֶם הַשָׁמַיִם[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]sphere[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]כַּדוּר, תְחוּם, סְפֵירָה, חוּג, גַלגַל, הֶקֵף[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]tropic[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]חוּג[/FONT][FONT=&quot], מַהְפָּך[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]horizon[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]אֹפֶק, חוּג, חוּג הָאָרֶץ[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]boundary[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]גְבוּל, קַו גְבוּל, תְחוּם, חוּג, שׁוּלַיִם, מֶצֶר[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]party[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]צַד, מִפלָגָה, סִיעָה, חֲבוּרָה, חוּג, נֶשֶׁף[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]