The Calvinist Doctrine of Total Depravity, Totally Refuted

Brother Ducky

Of course all men are wicked sinners, Romans 3:10.

But when the Gospel which is... "The power of God unto salvation" Romans 1:16, is preached, men can hear and believe, just like on the day of Pentecost when 8,000 Jews heard and believed and were saved, Acts 2:41 and Acts 4:4.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

But how does a slave to sin, dead in his trespasses, unable to understand spiritual things hear and believe the things of God without His first changing the sinner?

beloved57

But how does a slave to sin, dead in his trespasses, unable to understand spiritual things hear and believe the things of God without His first changing the sinner?
You know he denies total depravity of the sinners,he gives the sinner the ability of Faith!

Robert Pate

Banned
You serve a terrible God.

He sends his only begotten Son into the world to be the savior of the world.

And then he hides this from some so that they cannot hear or believe and be saved.

Why would your horrible Calvinist God do this?

beloved57

And then he hides this from some so that they cannot hear or believe and be saved.

You know you deny total depravity of the sinner, and you give the sinner the ability of Faith , even though the Bible teaches Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 !

Robert Pate

Banned
You know you deny total depravity of the sinner, and you give the sinner the ability of Faith , even though the Bible teaches Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 !

This is what I believe.

"God so loves the world (all of humanity) that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

You are going to perish.

Brother Ducky

Why would the god of Pope Pate take some of whom are in Christ and reconciled to God re-impute their sins to them and send them to hell? Sounds way meaner to me.

beloved57

This is what I believe.

"God so loves the world (all of humanity) that he gave his only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

You are going to perish.
No you don't, you just think you do! [emoji1]

beloved57

When the word "World" is used, then according to the dictionary it means all of humanity.

The word world in scripture, Kosmos means many things, it means :

VIII.any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

Like Israel falls into that Catagory, The World in Jn 3:16 can be Israel, His Sheep, the Church !

So you lied when you said world in Jn 3:16 is all humanity, It doesnt say that.

If God meant to say that, Jn 3:16 would read:

16 For God so loved all humanity, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now does it say that ? Yes or No

Brother Ducky

When the word "World" is used, then according to the dictionary it means all of humanity.

Let me throw something out to ponder as you pontificate:
John 12:19
19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, the world has gone after him."
ESV

Acts 17:6-7
6 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, "These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also,
ESV

Lets substitute your definition of "world" into these verses:
19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, all of humanity has gone after him."
Pate version

6 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, "These men who have turned all of humanity upside down have come here also,

Odd that the Pharisees would comment on all humanity when it does appear that in context they are excluding at least themselves.

And how do you propose that they turned every single individual upside down. Sounds like a all of humanity record for turning people upside down.

Robert Pate

Banned
Let me throw something out to ponder as you pontificate:
19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, the world has gone after him."
ESV

6 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, "These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also,
ESV

Lets substitute your definition of "world" into these verses:
19 So the Pharisees said to one another, "You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, all of humanity has gone after him."
Pate version

6 And when they could not find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brothers before the city authorities, shouting, "These men who have turned all of humanity upside down have come here also,

Odd that the Pharisees would comment on all humanity when it does appear that in context they are excluding at least themselves.

And how do you propose that they turned every single individual upside down. Sounds like a all of humanity record for turning people upside down.

You poor lost soul.

You just can't believe that Jesus is the savior of the world can you?

If Jesus can turn water into wine, heal the sick, forgive sins, raise the dead, walk on water, feed 5000, come back from the dead, then why can't you believe that Jesus is the savior of the world?

Brother Ducky

You poor lost soul.

You just can't believe that Jesus is the savior of the world can you?

If Jesus can turn water into wine, heal the sick, forgive sins, raise the dead, walk on water, feed 5000, come back from the dead, then why can't you believe that Jesus is the savior of the world?

Not sure why you would refer to me as a lost soul. I am in Christ, reconciled, redeemed etc. etc. etc. And I believe that Jesus is the Savior of the world. I do not believe that the world in this context means all of humanity, but rather Jews and Gentiles, which when added together are the world.

And I think that the verses quoted above with the Pate translation show that the term "world" has at least two meanings. And you, of course, failed to even try to respond in a meaningful way.

And since you hold that not all are saved, you do not really believe that Christ is the savior of all humanity, do you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not sure why you would refer to me as a lost soul. I am in Christ, reconciled, redeemed etc. etc. etc. And I believe that Jesus is the Savior of the world. I do not believe that the world in this context means all of humanity, but rather Jews and Gentiles, which when added together are the world.

And I think that the verses quoted above with the Pate translation show that the term "world" has at least two meanings. And you, of course, failed to even try to respond in a meaningful way.

And since you hold that not all are saved, you do not really believe that Christ is the savior of all humanity, do you.

Christ died for a "World of lost sinners." However, ONLY those who
hear the Grace Gospel and place their faith in Christ will benefit
from His death and resurrection. The rest will stand before God and
be judged by their works. Subsequently, they will be cast into "The
Lake of Fire" with the devil and his angels. That's where they will
spend eternity.

The "True Believers" will spend eternity in Heaven the moment they
die.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The word world in scripture, Kosmos means many things, it means :

VIII.any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

Like Israel falls into that Catagory, The World in Jn 3:16 can be Israel, His Sheep, the Church !

So you lied when you said world in Jn 3:16 is all humanity, It doesnt say that.

If God meant to say that, Jn 3:16 would read:

16 For God so loved all humanity, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now does it say that ? Yes or No

Your opinions don't count. Why? Because you are a "Hyper-Calvinist
Fanatic." You have stated that, God creates ALL sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ died for a "World of lost sinners." However, ONLY those who
hear the Grace Gospel and place their faith in Christ will benefit
from His death and resurrection. The rest will stand before God and
be judged by their works. Subsequently, they will be cast into "The
Lake of Fire" with the devil and his angels. That's where they will
spend eternity.

The "True Believers" will spend eternity in Heaven the moment they
die.

Good answer.