ECT The Believers from Persia (drive through version for those who hate research...)

SaulToPaul 2

Funny how when the Bible is read in the most normal sense, the D'ist calls it 'made up'!

Hint: 'the end' poured out on him is about destruction of him. He was.

Hint: v27a is about Christ and his new covenant. The 'end of sacrifices and offerings' is the theme of Hebrews and the expression is used there.

Hint: 27b is a shift of POV, of person. Check any Hebrew grammar commentary you like. It is a SHIFT from a's POV and person. It's the guy from 8:13 again.

It is easy to forget while reading the paragraph that 27a would be about Christ, because others are mentioned, but the paragraph is primarily about Christ.

The plain reading of the passage: the city and sanctuary are destroyed BEFORE the 70th week begins.
Face it.

Interplanner

The plain reading of the passage: the city and sanctuary are destroyed BEFORE the 70th week begins.
Face it.

Nothing to face except D'isms NOT formula again.

62: Messiah is cut off. War continues to the end. The end of the city and sanctuary. Christ confirms his covenant (the new one) through that same period and ends sacrifices and offerings.

Get to know the actual history and you'll see it. Modern D'ist eschatology is destructive nonsense, it is para-biblical, it is practically assinine.

SaulToPaul 2

Nothing to face except D'isms NOT formula again.

62: Messiah is cut off. War continues to the end. The end of the city and sanctuary. Christ confirms his covenant (the new one) through that same period and ends sacrifices and offerings.

Get to know the actual history and you'll see it. Modern D'ist eschatology is destructive nonsense, it is para-biblical, it is practically assinine.

3 brash anti messiahs!
That's all we need to know from you.

genuineoriginal

It ends with the destruction of the city and temple, which was in the 7th decade. God gave the whole generation there the chance to follow His enthroned Christ and Lord, the Son of David, Ps 2, Acts 2. Except in STP land where it means anything but the most ordinary sense.
Some people think the 490 years end with the destruction of the city, but those things happen after the 490 years.
The 490 years are for the children of Israel to fully repent.
The destruction of the city and temple was a result of their failure to repent during those 490 years.
After the end of the 490 years, Gentile believers were allowed to join with the Jewish believers.
In Acts 10, Peter was sent to the first Gentile believers.

Interplanner

Some people think the 490 years end with the destruction of the city, but those things happen after the 490 years.
The 490 years are for the children of Israel to fully repent.
The destruction of the city and temple was a result of their failure to repent during those 490 years.
After the end of the 490 years, Gentile believers were allowed to join with the Jewish believers.
In Acts 10, Peter was sent to the first Gentile believers.

OK...not bad... But don't you wonder why the basis and unity of Jew and Gentile is not addressed in Dan 9, and why the destruction obviously happened just past the number of year--unless of course the whole generation from the crucifixion to the destruction is meant?

Interplanner

3 brash anti messiahs!
That's all we need to know from you.

It's been covered many times, and that's just the ones in the 66-72 period in Jerusalem and Masada. Then there's the others mentioned in Acts. After all, he said there would be many, in the 'inner rooms' of the 1st century temple and 'out in the desert.'

Interplanner

Baloney, Mr. HighGround

Hebrews is written to those, like Peter, that were looking for a future restoration of Israel.

Keep reading and stop cherry picking.

Heb 8:5-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:5) Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, [that] thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. (8:6) But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. (8:7) For if that first [covenant] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:(8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (8:13) In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

Nope, it makes clear that none of them were expecting a city on earth and they were blessed along with us when justification from sins came. All that is what ch 11 is about. That's the one before ch 12 that says that it is a new city that is unshakeable and will not be on this earth.

Interplanner

The millennium comes AFTER the 490 years. You are ridiculously ignorant.

There's the NOT formula again. If a passage has 490 years outlined, then D'ism says it is NOT 490 years but actually has X000 in it (can't you see) and this 'seeing' by D'ism is the real, spiritual, Christian way to read the Bible and everyone else is ridiculous, ie, ordinary meaning is ridiculous.

Right Divider

Body part
There's the NOT formula again. If a passage has 490 years outlined, then D'ism says it is NOT 490 years but actually has X000 in it (can't you see) and this 'seeing' by D'ism is the real, spiritual, Christian way to read the Bible and everyone else is ridiculous, ie, ordinary meaning is ridiculous.
You get more hilarious with every reply. Your anti-Bible understanding is a fairy tale. Who invented it? What goofballs do you follow?

Right Divider

Body part
Nope, it makes clear that none of them were expecting a city on earth and they were blessed along with us when justification from sins came. All that is what ch 11 is about. That's the one before ch 12 that says that it is a new city that is unshakeable and will not be on this earth.
More fairy tale interp.

The NEW Jerusalem is a city that comes DOWN FROM heaven. And that is AFTER the millennium.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, you do use such a contortion. Any place in the NT that will conflict with D'ism is supplied a NOT in the text. Rom 9:24. It's NOT us.
:french:

It's so funny when someone like you massacres the text and then claims that the other guy is doing that.

Nothing could possible be more clear than this:

Heb 8:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

And YET, you says it is not what it is. You are completely deceived in your own head.

genuineoriginal

OK...not bad... But don't you wonder why the basis and unity of Jew and Gentile is not addressed in Dan 9
If the children of Israel had repented by the end of the 490 years, Jesus would have returned as King and established the Kingdom within the first century CE.
They did not repent by the end of the 490 years, and the New Covenant that had just been confirmed was opened up to all who believe in Jesus as the Messiah, even the Gentiles.
This happened in Acts 10 when Peter was sent to Cornelius.
, and why the destruction obviously happened just past the number of year--unless of course the whole generation from the crucifixion to the destruction is meant?
It is commonly believed that Jesus died in 30 CE, which is 40 years before the temple was destroyed in 70 CE.
It is also commonly believed that 40 years makes a generation (40 years wandering in the wilderness, etc.).
The wicked generation that Jesus condemned did not pass before the temple was destroyed in 70 CE.

Interplanner

If the children of Israel had repented by the end of the 490 years, Jesus would have returned as King and established the Kingdom within the first century CE.
They did not repent by the end of the 490 years, and the New Covenant that had just been confirmed was opened up to all who believe in Jesus as the Messiah, even the Gentiles.
This happened in Acts 10 when Peter was sent to Cornelius.

It is commonly believed that Jesus died in 30 CE, which is 40 years before the temple was destroyed in 70 CE.
It is also commonly believed that 40 years makes a generation (40 years wandering in the wilderness, etc.).
The wicked generation that Jesus condemned did not pass before the temple was destroyed in 70 CE.

That's right, it was a generation long warning. to me it stretches out the last week of the 70. He confirmed (explained, taught, validated, enacted) the new covenant during the same generation to those who would listen; he did this through the apostles.