SUPREME COURT EXTENDS GAY MARRIAGE NATIONWIDE

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What is the difference? Tell us what that difference is. Roberts & Kennedy are both republican appointees...What is the difference Chrys?

4 out of 5 republicans voted against same sex marriage
4 out of 4 democrats voted for it

are you for same sex marriage?

that would explain it

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
4 out of 5 republicans voted against same sex marriage
4 out of 4 democrats voted for it

that would explain it

And two republican appointees are activists for the legislature can you explain that? You seem to want to ignore the fact that these two men were put there by republicans...you are at a loss for words I know.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What was that difference you were speaking of again Chrys? I am waiting to hear what the difference is...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Vote for Jeb so we can stack the court with more activists? Is that what you are saying Chrys?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What was that difference you were speaking of again Chrys? I am waiting to hear what the difference is...

4 out of 4 democrats voted for same sex marriage
4 out of 5 republicans voted against it

sounds like you are

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Vote for Jeb so we can stack the court with more activists? Is that what you are saying Chrys?

I think he is saying that as long as someone wears the label of "R", he will defend any decision they make.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
4 out of 4 democrats voted for same sex marriage
4 out of 5 republicans voted against it

sounds like you are

You keep trying to tell yourself that those two republican appointees are not to blame. You keep telling yourself that there is a difference...why don't you compliment the emperor on his new clothes while your at it....:chuckle:

Shasta

PrlS2DG.jpg

:chuckle:

This comic is silly...and bigoted too since it assumes a stereotype of anyone who disagrees with you. Personally the most rational analysis of Obama's presidency concludes that it is in almost every respect an unmitigated disaster on par with few others.

As for the oblique references to redefining marriage you have shown an irrational bias against the objective norms provided to us by biology in favor of the faulty psychological programming engendered by the modern dysfunctional family. Does not logic teach you that the hardware should match the software, Mr Agnostic, or that a truly rational society should side with the natural male-female alliance as a reproductive unit? This has all been tried before, you know, in ancient Greece and Rome and it did not bring about the deepening of human relationships then any more than it will now.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This comic is silly...and bigoted too since it assumes a stereotype of anyone who disagrees with you. Personally the most rational analysis of Obama's presidency concludes that it is in almost every respect an unmitigated disaster on par with few others.

As for the oblique references to redefining marriage you have shown an irrational bias against the objective norms provided to us by biology in favor of the faulty psychological programming engendered by the modern dysfunctional family. Does not logic teach you that the hardware should match the software, Mr Agnostic, or that a truly rational society should side with the natural male-female alliance as a reproductive unit? This has all been tried before, you know, in ancient Greece and Rome and it did not bring about the deepening of human relationships then any more than it will now.

Great post! :first:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You keep trying to tell yourself that those two republican appointees are not to blame. You keep telling yourself that there is a difference...why don't you compliment the emperor on his new clothes while your at it....:chuckle:

which two?

can you name them?

you can't see
can you
you can't name them

can you at least answer that?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
which two?

can you name them?

you can't see
can you
you can't name them

can you at least answer that?

Actually in this case it was one republican appointee that pushed it over the edge and it was Kennedy. In the O-Care case it was two Roberts & Kennedy, both of which are activist republican appointees. I mixed the two up I will admit but, I was spot on that a republican appointee was the deciding vote in this case. What was that difference you were speaking of again?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Actually in this case it was one republican appointee that pushed it over the edge and it was Kennedy. In the O-Care case it was two Roberts & Kennedy, both of which are activist republican appointees. I mixed the two up I will admit but, I was spot on that a republican appointee was the deciding vote in this case. What was that difference you were speaking of again?

I knew you were confused

are you really for same sex marriage?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yet...if you think that this ruling will not be used as a stepping stone to step on the neck of religious liberty and the holding of a doctrine that opposes this law than I say you are naive.
I think you don't quite state it correctly. That is, I assume that the attempt will be made to impede churches who vocally differ with the position of homosexual culture. I simply believe it should and will fail.

I will be curious what tripe...
Sorry, if you want me to consider something seriously you have to offer it seriously. Moving on then.

...this decision has the potential far reaching effects that nobody...even you see at this point.
All that exists beyond the truth of the moment is speculation, informed and uninformed. What's foreseeable is challenge. Of course. I and any reasonable person considering the thing should see that. But potential for harm isn't harm itself and it isn't an argument against a thing that doesn't in and of itself work that harm.

So we legalize possession of firearms understanding that some will attempt to use them for ill or to advance an interest and action contrary to the good, public and/or moral.

I do think it is rather funny that you think...
Whereas it actually is funny that you criticize what I think without apparently knowing what that is.

You can be sure that the depraved will not stop with this decision because without the social acceptance, voluntary or by force it is meaningless, and that acceptance is what they have been after all along.
I suspect most won't care what you think, will see anyone outside of what they deem enlightened as embers of a dying fire, though there will almost certainly be those who will seek to stamp you out to be sure that fire doesn't rekindle.

When churches continue to stand in the way of
To no effect. It isn't lost on anyone in that community that a) the public tide has turned, or b) that even churches are split to some extent these days, or c) that the day was won and those churches have no real chance to undo what the Court has accomplished, even with a political and popular will that is missing.

even openly preach against that acceptance you don't think they will become a target?
For some? Sure. There's a Westboro for every idea these days.

You are crazy or naive if you think this thing is now over with this decision, it has just begun.
The question is never "Will someone attempt it?" That one is almost always answered, "Yes." The question is can the attempt succeed and the answer to that, for any number of reasons, should be "No."

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I knew you were confused

are you really for same sex marriage?

No, Are you? you seem to think republican appointees are going to do your bidding... this could not be further from the truth seeing how activist jurists rule.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Who are you to make people's decisions for them about whether they will be polygamous. Are you denying them their liberty on the basis that it might be a bureaucratic nightmare?
I'll note there are a number of additional considerations in the consideration that complicate it. But it is a cause that can be advanced with a compelling challenge to societal interest and standard in opposition. It may be the only one remaining with that weight to it. It even has Biblical precedent to muddy the waters of religious opposition.

Besides the Men in Black need not consult you or anyone about the decisions they make. The problem is there is no check and balance to their power.
Sure there is. How do you think slavery was defeated as a legal institution, ultimately? It wasn't by a Court ruling.

Quetzal

Wrong, it assumes a stereotype of someone who represents themselves with a Confederate battle flag, pickets with signs about things that are different, and who does not like Obama.

bybee

I'll note there are a number of additional considerations in the consideration that complicate it. But it is a cause that can be advanced with a compelling challenge to societal interest and standard in opposition. It may be the only one remaining with that weight to it. It even has Biblical precedent to muddy the waters of religious opposition.

Sure there is. How do you think slavery was defeated as a legal institution, ultimately? It wasn't by a Court ruling.

I see this as a slide into approval of the "anything goes" mentality.
You may rest assured that polygamy shall soon be a challenge to the law. And just as soon as animals can be taught to bark, moo, baa and whinny once for yes that will be the next agenda!
For such a mentality Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed utterly.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Does this decision (as well as the latest polls) mean that the hysterical fixation on cultural victimhood will continue?

drbrumley

Why Wasn’t the Supreme Court Vote on Gay Marriage 4-3?

Laurence M. Vance

Justices Elena Kagan and Ruth Ginsburg have both performed same-sex weddings. Why didn’t they recuse themselves? By the way, Ginsburg was confirmed in the Senate in 1993 by a vote of 96-3. This means that only three Republican senators voted against her. This also means that Republican senators John McCain, Chuck Grassley, Connie Mack, Trent Lott, John Danforth, Phil Gramm, Strom Thurmond, and Bob Dole voted to confirm Ginsburg.