"Straight Pride" Month on TOL.

beanieboy

RightIdea said:
Perhaps an Adulterer Pride Week?

Or a Liars Pride Week?

I thought this was a Straight Pride thread.
Knight began by saying that it wasn't anti-gay, just pro-hetero.
I think that's great.

So, why is it now starting to become an anti-gay pride thread?

During Gay Pride in Minneapolis, we don't have anything that suggests Anti-Heterosexuality. In fact, straight people come to the parade, the way that non-Irish people go to St. Patrick's day Celebrations.

Can't you celebrate heterosexuality in it's own right, without tearing other people down?

dRock

This is still not anti-gay...just anti-gay pride.

During Gay Pride in Minneapolis, we don't have anything that suggests Anti-Heterosexuality. In fact, straight people come to the parade, the way that non-Irish people go to St. Patrick's day Celebrations.

And it ticks me off when non-Irish people go to my parade.

RightIdea

beanieboy said:
I think that's great.

Can't you celebrate heterosexuality in it's own right, without tearing other people down?
Someone else brought up the issue, asked a question, and I responded. What would you have us do? Lie? Pretend? Look to the source.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I think that's great.

TOL will always be anti-gay pride no matter what we're celebrating. But sometimes certain topics of wickedness can make one so sick that it's nice to take a break and focus on things that are good and righteous for a while. So when we encourage people not to make Straight Pride about bashing homos, it's for our sake, not yours.

beanieboy

Poly said:
TOL will always be anti-gay pride no matter what we're celebrating. But sometimes certain topics of wickedness can make one so sick that it's nice to take a break and focus on things that are good and righteous for a while. So when we encourage people not to make Straight Pride about bashing homos, it's for our sake, not yours.

I would assume it would be for your sake and not mine.

That's why I was asking why you weren't.
I have no problem with people being proud of being white, for example, but if the way they celebrate it is to say how much they hate blacks, jews, asians, and latinos, I have to question their motivation.

If you had a straight pride parade, what would you do?
How would you celebrate it?
What accomplishments would you talk about?
What would the celebration in the park be like?

dRock

beanieboy said:
If you had a gay pride parade, what would you do?

beanieboy

dRock said:

How did we get on gay pride again?

servent101

Fo me I do fairly well at being Christian - what is called straight is being normal - normal in the world for a man is to think about sex with a woman twenty to forty times each hour - this is not normal for a Christian.

People sometimes confuse me for gay - as I do not do any of the "talking" about woman that is normal in society today - so straight pride is not something that Christians should be proud of and as an answer to gay pride... well Christians are told to judge their own, not people in the world, and to witness to the world by example.

What the heck the truth bashers think they are doing is beyond me to speak to them on the issue. Being straitht is conotating something different than Christian behaviour.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Gerald

Resident Fiend
dRock said:
How about answering the question, hmmm?

Sheesh, getting a (the pun is unavoidable) straight answer out of you folks is like pulling teeth.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Joke warning for the humor-impaired

Joke warning for the humor-impaired

servent101 said:
People sometimes confuse me for gay - as I do not do any of the "talking" about woman that is normal in society today...
What, you don't swill cheap beer and boast about all the "action" you're getting?

For shame! And you call yourself a man?

;)

dRock

Probably the same things that would happen in a gay parade (minus the whole gay aspect of it...). You know, through candy, the such...the parade isn't really what its all about.
By encouraging the heterosexual orientation to show up and participate in the festivities that would surround the occasion.
Well, for one...the fact that we are not going to be gay and fit in with the crowd.
In the park? What kind of fruity location is that?