Statue of Margaret Sanger, the Founder vof Planned Parenthood

Jerry Shugart

Why won't the Smithsonian Museum remove the statue of Margaret Sanger, the Planned Parenthood founder?

It is common knowledge that she "supported black eugenics, a racist attitude toward black and other minority babies; an elitist attitude toward those she regarded as ‘the feeble minded'; speaking at rallies of Ku Klux Klan women; and communications with Hitler sympathizers."

Black activist Star Parker told LifeNews in 2015, “Margaret Sanger is a racist who wanted to end the black population through birth control and abortion. She founded Planned Parenthood. But The Smithsonian, funded by our tax dollars, celebrates this woman, even mentioning her advocacy of eugenics! They don’t even hide it! It is breathtaking in its idiocy.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/...an-refuses-to-remove-bust-of-black-eugenicist

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why won't the Smithsonian Museum remove the statue of Margaret Sanger, the Planned Parenthood founder?...

You'd think that Donald Trump would speak up and ask that question.

Wait, isn't he the guy who on numerous occasions throughout the Presidential primaries stated

"Planned Parenthood does very good things".

trump-once-again-praises-planned-parenthood-donald-slammed-s-politics-1456955192.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
You'd think that Donald Trump would speak up and ask that question.

Do you think that taxes should be used to support Planned Parenthood?

Based on your question I gather that you feel that Planned Parenthood has a right to exist as long as it's not taxpayer funded.

Jerry Shugart

Is there some law which forbids the existence of Planned Parenthood?

Do you think that tax money should be used to support Planned Parenthood?

Would you support a political party that thinks that taxpayer money should be given to Planned Parenthood?

Jerry Shugart

Didn't Donald Trump just recently sign a bill which would allow states to withhold federal money from going to Planned Parenthood?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Currently no. In a righteous society they would be prosecuted under various federal and state statutes.

I've already answered that question.

Would you support a political party that thinks that taxpayer money should be given to Planned Parenthood?

Why do you? Sure, the republicrats talk about defunding PP, but as shown in my first post, they elect a fraud whose had a lifelong love affair with liberalism.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Please answer this one:

Of course not.

My turn: Why do you continue to support a political party that is responsible for Roe v Wade and hasn't done anything in 44 years to overturn it?

SStyles

I 100% agree her statue should be removed and added to the hall of shame wherein we recognize and document our collective dehumanization and destruction of black and brown lives. I watched an old interview with her that made me ill.

I don't know that planned parenthood can be redeemed. Legally I don't know how you would ever go about shutting it down.

Tax money should not be used to support it. There are systemic issues that lead to abortion. Tax money would be better used there IMO.

I cannot support a political party that dehumanizes anyone for profit. Abortion/criminal justice system/education/it is all interconnected. Abortion will not end until human life is truly valued or science progresses far enough for the truth of what it is the be indisputable.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Jerry Shugart

Why do you continue to support a political party that is responsible for Roe v Wade and hasn't done anything in 44 years to overturn it?

Of the two main political parties the only one which is against abortion is the Republican Party. Here is the Republican's "Party Platform":

Faithful to the "self-evident" truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Of the two main political parties the only one which is against abortion is the Republican Party. Here is the Republican's "Party Platform":
Faithful to the "self-evident" truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment's protections apply to unborn children.
ACW got so butthurt by Trump's victory he's on a mission to slander the Republican party. He winks at the democrats and says nothing of their flaws.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Why do you continue to support a political party that is responsible for Roe v Wade and hasn't done anything in 44 years to overturn it?

The Repubiicrat Party has had that platform since Roe v Wade was decided 44 years ago (that would be the same Roe v Wade decision that overwhelmingly was decided by Republican picked SCOTUS Justices).

How many more millions of unborn babies need to be killed in the womb before you realize that the Republicrat Party is all talk and no action Gerald?

Jerry Shugart

Don't you even know that when those same justices were chosen there was no litmus test in regard to abortion?

How would any Republican President know back then how the justice which they picked would vote on the issue of abortion.

Or perhaps you think that Eisenhower or Nixon picked justices based on the idea that they would vote in favor of abortion?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't you even know that when those same justices were chosen there was no litmus test in regard to abortion?

How would any Republican President know back then how the justice which they picked would vote on the issue of abortion.

Or perhaps you think that Eisenhower or Nixon picked justices based on the idea that they would vote in favor of abortion?

I'd have to do some extensive research to find out the background of the republican nominated judges that voted for Roe v Wade before agreeing with you that they were as pure as the driven snow Gerald:
Were they ACLU'ers?
Had they written articles on abortion prior to being confirmed? (the abortion movement didn't magically appear in 1973, it had been developing for at least 12 years prior to the SCOTUS decision).
What topics were brought up during their confirmation hearings? Etc. etc.

That being said: I have done extensive research on Donald Trump's SCOTUS pick Neil Gorsuch, and it doesn't look good for unborn babies:

If you were a pro life President, would you nominate someone who attends a pro abortion/pro LGBTQ 'inclusive church'? In the event that you're not familiar with the term 'inclusive church' Gerald: that's where the congregation brings their politically correct sins to church (abortion, homosexuality) and everyone celebrates those sins with them.

Gorsuch has a history of pro LGBTQ/abortion terminology and rulings as a judge prior to his SCOTUS confirmation

Speaking of Gorsuch's SCOTUS confirmation hearing:

What did Neil Gorsuch mean when he stated to a democrat Senator that "Roe v Wade is the law of the land"?

"Senator, as the book explains, the Supreme Court of the United States has held in Roe v. Wade that a fetus is not a person for purposes of the Fourteenth Amendment, and the book explains that,” Gorsuch replied.

“Do you accept that?” Durbin asked. “That’s the law of the land,” Gorsuch answered. “I accept the law of the land, senator, yes.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/neil-gorsuch-confirmation-hearing/520425/

Sounds to me like he meant that it's "settled law" Gerald.