St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

john w

Hall of Fame
2h2px6tqfd3rf9e7q0k3.gif

john w

Hall of Fame
I heard the Cards are scrimmaging with the Mayfield Tigers today?

Cleaver is on the mound. He went to State.

Oh, you are a regular Bob Ueker, ain't ya, Mayor? Why don't you head on down to your local "Metzger's Field" ballpark, and put "Silly Putty" in the players' mitts, and "Grecian Formula" on the bats? You're a real scream, Mayor, you know that?

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you are a regular Bob Ueker, ain't ya, Mayor? Why don't you head on down to your local "Metzger's Field" ballpark, and put "Silly Putty" in the players' mitts, and "Grecian Formula" on the bats? You're a real scream, Mayor, you know that?

Oh boy, you're a real scream. I bet you'd throw chin music to your own mother if she stepped in the batter's box, wouldn't ya fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh boy, you're a real scream. I bet you'd throw chin music to your own mother if she stepped in the batter's box, wouldn't ya fella?
Oh, yeh? I heard, that, in one game, in your team's last at bat,with 2 outs, your team trailing, that when you were announced as the next batter up, when the camera panned to your dugout, it showed that all of your teammates had already packed, and had their suits on, and luggage,ready to take the flight to the next game out of town.

I kill me!

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, yeh? I heard, that, in one game, in your team's last at bat,with 2 outs, your team trailing, that when you were announced as the next batter up, when the camera panned to your dugout, it showed that all of your teammates had already packed, and had their suits on, and luggage,ready to take the flight to the next game out of town.

I kill me!

Oh, you're a regular riot!

I was a lifetime .180 but "clutch" hitter.

My dad was an ump, and like Ange, he never let me beat out an infield hit. He always called me out, fearing
a town uproar against favortism. That's why my average was so poor.

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh, you're a regular riot!

I was a lifetime .180 but "clutch" hitter.

My dad was an ump, and like Ange, he never let me beat out an infield hit. He always called me out, fearing
a town uproar against favortism. That's why my average was so poor.

That 180 certainly was not your IQ. You once said on TOL that you struck out 17 batters in one game. 17 strikeouts in about 3 hours. Are you shore you did not confuse that with you a singles bar?

I heard your coach "Goober" paid off your dad to call you out, in a massive conspiracy, involving espionage, and international intrigue.

So there.

SaulToPaul 2

That 180 certainly was not your IQ. You once said on TOL that you struck out 17 batters in one game. 17 strikeouts in about 3 hours. Are you shore you did not confuse that with you a singles bar?

I heard your coach "Goober" paid off your dad to call you out, in a massive conspiracy, involving espionage, and international intrigue.

So there.

You're in denial. Check wikipedia.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm sensitive, like my mother.
I couldn't handle 17 rejections in such a short period of time.

I am not thick skinned and as confident (yet humble) as saint john w the great.

Yes, Mayor, we all know, if you are given 17 rejections, you'll want 18. If you get 18,..........

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, Mayor, we all know, if you are given 17 rejections, you'll want 18. If you get 18,..........

Oh boy, I'm surprised you do not have carpal tunnel syndrome seeing as you collect so many phone numbers from the Daphne types and then call them all on your rotary phone.

Am I getting through to you fella?

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh boy, I'm surprised you do not have carpal tunnel syndrome seeing as you collect so many phone numbers from the Daphne types and then call them all on your rotary phone.

Am I getting through to you fella?

I have a party line, Mayor, using it mainly on Sundays, when others are at "church," consistent with living in a boarding home. Rabble rouser.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you share your Rangers box seats with your Daphne types?

I tell the chicks that, besides being a part time life guard at an automatic car wash, that the Rangers sporting goods supplier pays me not to endorse their products.

john w

Hall of Fame
What kind of season do you expect Bryce Harper to have?

I am expecting a bit of a drop off from last season.

That's like saying, the season after I hit 6786 homers in "Whiffle Ball," leading the league, that many are expecting a bit of a drop off from last season.

You are a first class,grade A nut, "Count" Mayor. Why don't you start your own psychic hotline, Mayor?