patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The three best records in all of baseball:

Cardinals 94-56

Pirates 90-60

Cubs 88-62

This is unprecedented.

Since MLB expanded to three divisions in each league in 1994, never has one division had all three of the best records in baseball this late in the season.

If the Cubs were in the AL West today, they would have a 7 game lead.

The NL Central Rocks !!!!!!

so i've noticed. the Cardinals should have a huge comfortable lead in the central but they can't bury the cubs and pirates

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
another quality start by Lackey, 25th this year, career record for John. he's not fancy he just throws strikes. Tommy Pham is really impressing me, so many great life stories on the team this year. the Cardinals have a dilemma (a good one) with good regular players returning from injury.

can there be three 100 win teams in one division ?

StanJ

Jays had the bases loaded TWICE tonight and could not produce a run. They're falling into their old first half habits.

Tonight showed the big difference between the mindset of the Yankees and Jays.

:bang:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
RIP Yogi Berra

My favorite Yogi Berra quotes:

"like Deja vu all over again"

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

"It ain't over till it's over"

"Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"Always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't go to yours."

StanJ

RIP Yogi Berra

My favorite Yogi Berra quotes:

"like Deja vu all over again"

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

"It ain't over till it's over"

"Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"Always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't go to yours."

He has discovered, "it ain't over".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yogi was born on "The Hill" in St. Louis - his real name is Peter Berra. he lived on Elizabeth street, i worked a few blocks from there for 5 years, nice clean small house. really small. he died the first full day of the Pope's visit

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Magic # is 7 now for the Cardinals !!!

It's 6 now.

The Pirates won their 6th straight today, but the Cardinals won their 5th straight today.

Next up for the Pirates is 3 games against the Cubs, then 3 games against the Cardinals.

The Cardinal's lead is 4 games. If it gets to 3 or less when the Pirates play the Cardinals next week, it could be a very interesting three games.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's 6 now.

The Pirates won their 6th straight today, but the Cardinals won their 5th straight today.

Next up for the Pirates is 3 games against the Cubs, then 3 games against the Cardinals.

The Cardinal's lead is 4 games. If it gets to 3 or less when the Pirates play the Cardinals next week, it could be a very interesting three games.

anything's possible -

the pirates are practicing Philippians 4:13 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's 6 now.

yep. you only have to play the Cubs and Cardinals the next 6 games, easy peasy right ?

then 3 against the Reds in October. too bad the bucs are 6-10 vs the Reds this year. it's gonna be a one game playoff, Cubs vs pi rates - the next 3 games are a preview -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
that's a loser. it's over - now pittsburgh will overtake 1st place for sure. they have won 7 straight. they may end up with 102 wins