ECT Speaking in tongues

Interplanner

Nope.

Throughout Scripture, when God is behind signs and wonders; the Adversary is behind their counterfit.

As God gradually moved away from signs and wonders to a greater and greater focus on doctrine (on working through His Word in you that Believe - in other words; in Body members) what do we see Paul warning the Adversary was up to?

Also gradually moving away from a counterfeit of the one, to a counterfeit of the other.

So that by the time that which was perfect had reached its fullness; so had the Adversary's counterfeit.

The core of each having reached their respective fulness; neither is now in engaged in the signs and wonders aspect during this Mystery Age, until some point after the fullness of this Mystery Age itself.

Just a matter of rightly dividing things within Romans thru Philemon.

You are aware that is not what rightly dividing is about in Tim, aren't you? You sound as entrenched in D'ism as they ever came, dangling from a few catchy lines.

Danoh

You are aware that is not what rightly dividing is about in Tim, aren't you? You sound as entrenched in D'ism as they ever came, dangling from a few catchy lines.

Respectfully, I disagree.

Why don't you lay out the following; I'd like to see what it is you see.

Start another thread on it.

Layout 2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

While you are at it; feel free to ignore the many distinctions or divisions, between the various "things that differ" in all that...

This alone...

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Is the exact opposite of...

2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

As the Apostle Paul himself cannot avoid doing in all that; one cannot lay out a thing out aright; without implying and or pointing out its obvious opposite.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope.

Throughout Scripture, when God is behind signs and wonders; the Adversary is behind their counterfit.

As God gradually moved away from signs and wonders to a greater and greater focus on doctrine (on working through His Word in you that Believe - in other words; in Body members) what do we see Paul warning the Adversary was up to?

Also gradually moving away from a counterfeit of the one, to a counterfeit of the other.

So that by the time that which was perfect had reached its fullness; so had the Adversary's counterfeit.

The core of each having reached their respective fulness; neither is now in engaged in the signs and wonders aspect during this Mystery Age, until some point after the fullness of this Mystery Age itself.

Just a matter of rightly dividing things within Romans thru Philemon.

How do you come to the "NOPE" conclusion? I've already stated before that Satan "counterfeits." How is that contradict what you're saying? I think you just like to "Attack" MAD believers for some odd reason. You claim to be associated with the faith, however, when push comes to shove, you play "devils advocate." Very strange. You seem to cut off your nose to spite your face, pal.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Danoh appears to be some form of "Fence sitter" when it comes to MAD. Apparently, he enjoys causing dissension in the ranks. He suddenly and without warning goes into "Attack Mode" and seeks to torpedo his fellow "MADS" on occasion. I really don't understand the motive behind this strange behavior.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Danoh appears to be some form of "Fence sitter" when it comes to MAD. Apparently, he enjoys causing dissension in the ranks. He suddenly and without warning goes into "Attack Mode" and seeks to torpedo his fellow "MADS" on occasion. I really don't understand the motive behind this strange behavior.

Just preach the riches of Christ.

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

LA

beameup

Probably a good reason why he's been on *ignore* since I joined.

musterion

Likewise as to "healings."

Very bad logic.

God's messianic sign GIFTS for Israel under Law =/= His DIRECT intervention in the lives of His own under grace, as He chooses.

A dispensational case can be made from the Text for the end of all sign gifts.

No case has been made by you from the Text that God will do nothing material or physical for a believer's needs, despite my asking to see it.

Perhaps it's time you start quoting Jordan, since you want to keep trolling on this. Cuz you got nothing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Very bad logic.

God's messianic sign GIFTS for Israel under Law =/= His DIRECT intervention in the lives of His own under grace, as He chooses.

A dispensational case can be made from the Text for the end of all sign gifts.

No case has been made by you from the Text that God will do nothing material or physical for a believer's needs, despite my asking to see it.

Perhaps it's time you start quoting Jordan, since you want to keep trolling on this. Cuz you got nothing.

Nothing, is putting it mildly, my friend.

musterion

Notice how he here falsely equated Israel's signs and wonders through men, with God directly doing as He chooses, when He chooses, if He chooses. All he's got is 100% speculation built upon an invalid premise (Jordan's) with not a shred of direct, quotable Scriptural support for it.

Yet he has the gall to call me superstitious as he preaches as Scripture the traditions of a man.

lifeisgood

That's not what he said.

I guess you have also added yourself to the list of ones who have lost their reading understanding glasses. I said, 'supposedly'.

And, BTW, you're still in the dream thingy? Have you preached the Gospel to that Muslim that came to you saying that he dreamed that Jesus talked to him?

You keep proving what I said a while back 'you, musterion, (and others here) would go back and forth about the dream thingy and forget to preach the Gospel which would be a disaster for the one who came to you telling you that he/she saw Jesus in a dream.'

When someone comes to you saying that they had a dream and Jesus talked to them, IGNORE the DREAM and expound Jesus and what He did at the Cross of Calvary. It will be the most beneficial thing for the one coming to you saying 'I talked to Jesus in a dream' or words to that effect.

When someone comes to you saying that they speak in tongues, just say, 'OK,' and talk about Jesus and what Jesus did.

Anything OUTSIDE of Jesus Christ and Him crucified is just that outside.
Talk about Christ Jesus and what He did at the Cross of Calvary and let God do His job about the rest.

lifeisgood

Oh, c'mon Christian brothers and sisters, get off the 'dream thingy', 'speaking in tongues thingy', etc. freeway.

I cannot believe that you guys are still in that freeway that takes lost people no where and make Christians look foolish.

Does it really matter, brothers and sisters, if Nabeel said he was 'seated' or he was 'standing'?
Would it not be better if we rejoice like the Angels rejoiced when we were saved by God?

David Wood said that Nabeel said that he was 'seated' when he told him the 'dream'.
William Lane Craig said in one of his conferences that 2 x 2 = 5. Yeah, please go and waste your time finding out if it is true or not so that you can go to sleep tonight just to make sure that you are right and he is wrong.

Satan is having a field day and Christians are at a loss for an answer 'cause instead of Christ Jesus and His finished legal work at the Cross of Calvary, they engage in finding out if they agree with someone's else testimony, just in case they can be tripped and be told, 'no, you are not saved, because that is not the way God saves anyone. God only saves anyone like this...'. Denying God of His glory, and His power, and His honor.

How sad. How sad indeed. How sad that instead of giving glory to God for Nabeel's salvation (or anyone else's) some have to make sure they agree with their testimony.

No wonder the world is laughing at the Christian world.

P.S.: Have at it guys. Waste your time. I will only respond if there is something constructive to be had.

P.S.S.: Praise God for saving Nabeel, dream or no dream, seated or stating, Muslim or no Muslim, etc., etc., etc.

P.S.S.S.: Please get off the 'suppose' dream thingy highway.

lifeisgood

In 1 Corinthians 14:19 Paul states: "Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue."

Even Paul's preference is speaking in a language he can understand.

I agree with Paul, 'in the church'.

For Paul also said:
1Co 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;

1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than you all:

1Co 14:15 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding.

lifeisgood

I don't believe that "Tongues is for today." The focus ought to be the "Grace Gospel" being preached to unbelievers. So that they may hear the Gospel and place their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

And you are entitled to believe that, GM.

I cannot for the life of me tell someone else that what is happening to them is not true.
Who am I to tell someone, e.g., 'Well, God did not heal you because God does not heal today'? Who am I? Who am I to do that?

I simply break out in praises giving God the glory due Him, the honor due Him, the power due Him.

For the life of me, 'Who am I to tell someone that what happened to them is a lie?' Who am I?

BTW, GM, I agree with you in that the emphasis must be preach the Grace Gospel and I will add that we ought to get off the 'other thingys' freeway.

lifeisgood

The problem is, tongues can be faked, tongues can be taught and tongues can be practiced. What need would there be for these if they truly came from God?

Yes, as I have said, most of what 'pass as' speaking in tongues is DEFINITELY fake.

God would know what need that would be if tongues, e.g., really come from Him. Who knows if today, somewhere in the world, God chooses to preach His Gospel in tongues. Who in the world really know? I'll leave that in the purview of God.