Spanking children teaches discipline!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The modern psychologists have been wrong and have created a generation of fearless delinquents. Parents cannot discipline older children unless they spanked their children when younger.

My kids grew to thank me for laying down the rules and backing them up with a spanking. When they became parents, the new mode was not to spank your children, and I will tell you they were lucky. About half of my grandchildren would pull pranks and get into mischief my kids did not dare do!

Now that they are beginning to have children they are more perplexed than certain about spanking, remembering what troublemakers some of them were.

I am certain, spanking, when not used in anger, is effective.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As I've said here before, I don't believe in spanking, either with the hand or (worse) with an object (wooden spoon, switch, belt).

I was never spanked as a kid. Not once, my parents just didn't do it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
As I've said here before, I don't believe in spanking, either with the hand or (worse) with an object (wooden spoon, switch, belt).

This is where it was wrong, One should not need more than a hand. if one need an object then it is too late. just the idea alone of a spanking does most of the work. You never need to hit them hard. It was the uneducated abusive adults who gave spanking a bad name.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This is where it was wrong, One should not need more than a hand. if one need an object then it is too late. just the idea alone of a spanking does most of the work. You never need to hit them hard. It was the uneducated abusive adults who gave spanking a bad name.

Discussions here about spanking usually bring out some pretty forceful responses by those who believe in "spare the rod, spoil the child." And every time I was involved in those discussions, I would get a rep comment or PM from someone who was abusively spanked as a child. It was heartbreaking.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That is the problem abusive hitting was becoming more common. The old spanking done in past time was effective, yet no one remembers today. it used to be a common practice, even on television Andy spanked Opie.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A friend of mine got the light knocked out of him by his dad back when he was 16 years old. He told me he tried to square up with his dad and all of a sudden he saw a white flash :rotfl:

He never made a big deal about it because unless one is simply a sheep to this new liberal way of thinking, it's nothing to make a big deal about- it's lesson learned. You don't try to fight your pops when your under his roof :idunno:

rexlunae

I was spanked as a kid. Rarely, but a few times. I don't think it did me a lot of harm, but I also don't think it helped much. If I had kids, I don't think I'd spank them.

Like so many things, it's become a subject of cultural identification.

TweetyBird

1) Has anyone ever thought about teaching obedience with love instead of spanking? Why would a parent want their child to obey out of fear instead of loving guidance?

2) Has anyone given any thought to all the abused children who come into the foster system that have been spanked and treated cruelly and are suffering from that trauma? How do you think these children would react to spanking as a punishment for doing something wrong even in a loving family?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
1) Has anyone ever thought about teaching obedience with love instead of spanking? Why would a parent want their child to obey out of fear instead of loving guidance?

2) Has anyone given any thought to all the abused children who come into the foster system that have been spanked and treated cruelly and are suffering from that trauma? How do you think these children would react to spanking as a punishment for doing something wrong even in a loving family?

:rotfl:

That's too ridiculous to even deserve a rebuttal_