Sons of God in the Old Testament (Tanakh)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is why the deluge occurred. Haven't you ever read the Bible?
Then why did you call the wickedness of marrying those they should not have as "evangelism"?

The "sons of GOD" in the verse are the bad guys, doing something they should not be doing.
By trying to force the verse to say "the line of Seth" (which it does not) forces the line of Seth to be the wicked ones, not the Godly ones.
That obliterates the theory that the line of Seth was Godly while the line of Cain was wicked.

Truster

Then why did you call the wickedness of marrying those they should not have as "evangelism"?

The "sons of GOD" in the verse are the bad guys, doing something they should not be doing.
By trying to force the verse to say "the line of Seth" (which it does not) forces the line of Seth to be the wicked ones, not the Godly ones.
That obliterates the theory that the line of Seth was Godly while the line of Cain was wicked.

You don't know the difference between evangelism and the pre-evangelism and yet you comment on it. In you presumption rules.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't know the difference between evangelism and the pre-evangelism and yet you comment on it. In you presumption rules.
Then you agree that it was the "sons of GOD" that were being wicked.
Your theory has the line of Seth as the "sons of GOD" being the wicked ones.

Truster

Then you agree that it was the "sons of GOD" that were being wicked.
Your theory has the line of Seth as the "sons of GOD" being the wicked ones.

I don't have any theories or opinions. By the Holy Spirit I have and understand the truth.

Your signature says it all. It is the only firm point you ever make.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't have any theories or opinions.
You do.
You have the theory and the opinion that the "sons of GOD" in Genesis 6 is the line of Seth.
It is the sons of GOD that did wickedly in Genesis 6.
You make the line of Seth being the wicked ones, not the Godly ones.

Truster

You do.
You have the theory and the opinion that the "sons of GOD" in Genesis 6 is the line of Seth.
It is the sons of GOD that did wickedly in Genesis 6.
You make the line of Seth being the wicked ones, not the Godly ones.

I have given you the facts, but you don't have the Holy Spirit to enlighten you as to the meaning of the facts. That is your problem, not mine. You are a pretender who is always caught out when you try and deal with even the simplest things pertaining to the kingdom.
I know you think you are being clever, but you are being really silly. Do yourself a favour and stop embarrassing yourself, my dear.

Truster

Scripture gives me the facts, not you.
Scripture disagrees with you.
The sons of GOD in Genesis 6 were the bad guys, not the good guys.

A wretched, spiteful.....Your sprite is blinding you. You don't even take the time to study the scriptures so you just repeat the same old nonsense over and over.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A wretched, spiteful.....Your sprite is blinding you. You don't even take the time to study the scriptures so you just repeat the same old nonsense over and over.
You can't refute it scripturally because you are blinded to what the scripture says; so instead, you open your eyes to worldly things like avatars and signatures and start bashing those things.

The sons of GOD in Genesis were the bad guys.

beameup

The sons of Elohim were of the line of Seth (the spiritual pre-evangelism) while the daughters of men were of the line of Cain.
The Hebrew says that they were daughters of man (adam).
If the Holy Spirit had meant "daughters of Cain" it would have said so.

Last edited:

beameup

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. - Job 2:1

The sons of God have direct access to God, and are associated with Satan.

beameup

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Romans 8:14)

You seem confused. :confused:
The title of the post is "Sons of God in the Old Testament". That would be in Hebrew.

Whereupon are the foundations of the earth fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof [of the earth];
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? - Job 38:6-7

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The title of the post is "Sons of God in the Old Testament". That would be in Hebrew.

You seem confused. Are you saying no one in the OT had God's Spirit?

But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?

God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. (Matthew 22:31-32)​

A son of God, by definition, is a person who has the Spirit of God and Christ, i.e. the holy Spirit, which was not available while Jesus was human.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You seem confused. Are you saying no one in the OT had God's Spirit?

But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?

God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. (Matthew 22:31-32)​

A son of God, by definition, is a person who has the Spirit of God and Christ, i.e. the holy Spirit, which was not available while Jesus was human.

You sayin' the Holy Spirit now represents both God and Christ?

1 Peter 1:11

“Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.”

genuineoriginal

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. - Job 2:1

The sons of God have direct access to God, and are associated with Satan.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:​

We believers have been given the power to become the sons of God and present ourselves before the LORD.
But we are associated with Christ, not Satan.

Satan came with the sons of God, but the sons of God were not associated with Satan.

genuineoriginal

Do you believe that the writers of the New Testament did not know the Old Testament?
The quotes from the Old Testament in the New Testament indicate that they came from the Septuagint, a Greek text, and not from any new translation of the Hebrew.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 6:4 KJV
(4) There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Does everyone here in this thread hold the view that "after" means after the flood?