Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, so much for liberty, so much for freedom. So much for everything you've said about it in the thread in Totd. You describe the only plausible freedom as being 'in christ' and yet would terminate people for most sexual 'deviancies'.

Liberty from the law which condemns in eternity. God still demands government exucute justice in his name for the wicked.

Skavau

Liberty from the law which condemns in eternity. God still demands government exucute justice in his name for the wicked.
Yes. Muslims who support Sharia Law have this excuse as well. That they are doing God's work, acting on behalf of his will, or merely meting out his punishment. You might have an aversion to any Muslims who might say this. I have an aversion to both camps. When you understand why you are against Sharia Law, you will understand why I am against a pseudo-theocracy in the name of Christianity.

lovemeorhateme

Yes. Muslims who support Sharia Law have this excuse as well. That they are doing God's work, acting on behalf of his will, or merely meting out his punishment. You might have an aversion to any Muslims who might say this. I have an aversion to both camps. When you understand why you are against Sharia Law, you will understand why I am against a pseudo-theocracy in the name of Christianity.

Muslims who support Sharia Law are wicked and evil. There is no comparison between them and Christians.

Skavau

Muslims who support Sharia Law are wicked and evil. There is no comparison between them and Christians.

I hold a natural revulsion for all forms of theocracy inspired by any belief, no matter whether their proponents call them righteous or not.

You have said that you despise Muslims who desire to impose their culture and worldview on you. When you understand why exactly it is you don't like that, you would understand why I and many others feel the exact same way about any kind of theocracy being imposed upon us.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If they were of a different species, I don't think fornication is the word!
I know, but there are idiots out there for whom one needs to clarify.

Well, so much for liberty, so much for freedom. So much for everything you've said about it in the thread in Totd. You describe the only plausible freedom as being 'in christ' and yet would terminate people for most sexual 'deviancies'.
Another reason you're an idiot: You assume [again] that wanting people to find freedom in Christ precludes wanting justice to be done. I want murderers, rapists, kidnappers, thieves, and perjurers to know freedom in Christ too. That doesn't mean I do not want them to be punished properly for their crimes, most of which deserve the death penalty. In fact the only one in my list that never deserves it is theft, and the only one that has instances where it is undeserved and others where it is well deserved is perjury: perjury in a capital case deserves capital punishment.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Your reasons sir, as you said are christian. You certainly by your own reckoning do not believe in secular democracy.
I hold a natural revulsion for all forms of theocracy inspired by any belief, no matter whether their proponents call them righteous or not.
Why do you specifically exclude religious thought from democracy?

What if...just tossing something out there for you to ponder over...someone wrote a book. A really good book. A really good, very well written, extremely persuasive book, that convinced a whole lot of people about...something or other. Whatever. And all those people based their votes on this new found belief of theirs, derived from that book. Even formed a party based on the philosophies presented by that book.

You'd have no problem with that, right?

wazzdizz

Anyone who thinks homosexuals deserve opprobrium, let alone the death penalty are very sick and evil, imo. Homosexuality is as normal as heterosexuality. God could be a lesbian for all we know!

salumiere

Paul sez...

Paul sez...

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Here's a partial list of heavenly non-attendees...

The Wicked (needing a good definition here, but 'all have fallen short...)
Sexually Immoral (wow, this could take in quite a bit...)
Idolaters (just about everyone in America at least, I know I have had my share of idols to my embarrasement)
Adulterers (yup, there's more than a few of THOSE out there)
Male Prostitutes (Pretty narrow profession, but it's there none the less)
Homosexual Offenders (the favorite whipping boy [no pun intended] of the religious community)

By the time you add up this list, heaven is going to have a LOT of empty rooms, no?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Here's a partial list of heavenly non-attendees...

The Wicked (needing a good definition here, but 'all have fallen short...)
Sexually Immoral (wow, this could take in quite a bit...)
Idolaters (just about everyone in America at least, I know I have had my share of idols to my embarrasement)
Adulterers (yup, there's more than a few of THOSE out there)
Male Prostitutes (Pretty narrow profession, but it's there none the less)
Homosexual Offenders (the favorite whipping boy [no pun intended] of the religious community)

By the time you add up this list, heaven is going to have a LOT of empty rooms, no?
And taking all other lists, laws and sins illustrated in the bible...you inevitably come to the conclusion that no one is righteous enough, nor can they ever hope to be, to be allowed into heaven for all eternity. Which is why God instituted a plan to redeem any and all who allowed themselves to be, accounting them as righteous where they are not. All that is required is the willingness to submit and accept it.

Which is also why this point hasn't anything to do with the OP. We're talking about criminal law, not the law for righteousness. If we were attempting to outlaw unrighteousness then the obvious means of accomplishing that would simply to outlaw humanity. Outlaw everything that isn't God, in point of fact.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
View Poll Results: Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Yes 68 24.29%
No 212 75.71%

It's polls such as these that serve as a reminder of what our country stands for: freedom of and freedom FROM religion.

Obviously the majority of people feel that the death penalty should be reserved for those who actually commit capital offenses ... not religious transgressions.

salumiere

And taking all other lists, laws and sins illustrated in the bible...you inevitably come to the conclusion that no one is righteous enough, nor can they ever hope to be, to be allowed into heaven for all eternity. Which is why God instituted a plan to redeem any and all who allowed themselves to be, accounting them as righteous where they are not. All that is required is the willingness to submit and accept it.

Which is also why this point hasn't anything to do with the OP. We're talking about criminal law, not the law for righteousness. If we were attempting to outlaw unrighteousness then the obvious means of accomplishing that would simply to outlaw humanity. Outlaw everything that isn't God, in point of fact.

Oooops. Sorry.

Well, since we're talking about Criminal Law then homosexuality should definitely NOT be worthy of the death penalty or even criminal penalties of any sort. It is conduct between consenting adults and is no one else's **** business nor does it hurt anyone else.

You might cite inflated health care costs because of AIDS, but I would submit that all fat people and smokers are increasing our healthcare costs as well, so your point is discriminatory.

It would be like giving the death penalty for people that jog backwards. If they want to jog backwards, I might think they're crazy or dumb or asking to get hurt, but if they're willing to take that risk (of falling down) and it doesn't effect the public good, then BUTT OUT!!!

If we legislate against every behaviour we don't care for, then we're back to 1930's and 1940's Nazi Germany, where Jews, Gypsies, Freemasons, Musicians, Artists, and others were exterminated because they didn't 'fit it' with the perception of acceptable behaviour.

Last edited:

WizardofOz

Oooops. Sorry.

Well, since we're talking about Criminal Law then homosexuality should definitely NOT be worthy of the death penalty or even criminal penalties of any sort. It is conduct between consenting adults and is no one else's **** business nor does it hurt anyone else.

It would be like giving the death penalty for people that jog backwards. If they want to jog backwards, I might think they're crazy or dumb or asking to get hurt, but if they're willing to take that risk (of falling down) and it doesn't effect the public good, then BUTT OUT!!!
:thumb:
Or smokers or over-eaters or unsafe drivers or blasphemers or "witches" or insubordinate offspring etc etc ad naseum.

worshippastor12

wow

wow

wow- is all I can say to these posts. Interesting and hot topic. Without sounding to pious, I would contend that God is taking care of the sexually promiscuous just fine without our help. With disease and emotional issues, we surely don't need to be killing them. Unfortunately there are those who suffer because of them. A pastor friend of my family contracted AIDS from helping at a car wreck. Great story- check out the book "Hope Grows in Winter."

salumiere

wow- is all I can say to these posts. Interesting and hot topic. Without sounding to pious, I would contend that God is taking care of the sexually promiscuous just fine without our help. With disease and emotional issues, we surely don't need to be killing them. Unfortunately there are those who suffer because of them. A pastor friend of my family contracted AIDS from helping at a car wreck. Great story- check out the book "Hope Grows in Winter."

Interesting indeed. I find it interesting that Jesus, the FOUNDER of Christianity consorted with all strata of society from the street-level whores to the highest members of the Sanhedrin. He loved them all. NOW, his followers seem ecstatic to see them imprisoned, executed, and roasting in the pits of hell. Some actually seem to be giddy that people will one day pay for their sins.

Take a closer look at your own sins before 'casting stones' at others.

WOW! indeed.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You guys hate many of the same things and want to kill many of the same people. You have far more in common than you admit.
Granite is right. There is no difference between a Christian calling for the execution of a homosexual in the name of God and a Muslim calling for the execution of a homosexual in the name of Allah. Especially since Jesus came to bring FORGIVENESS!!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The comparison comes by them doing the SAME exact thing you are doing: using religious grounds to support your POV.

They claim the same thing that you do ... that THEIR God is the only God and they are promoting his laws. It is up to you to prove their claim is less relevant than yours, otherwise, you reasons are of equal value.

In both instances, it comes down to personal opinion based on religion.