Should Children Be Executed If They've...

glorydaz

He has returned and he is in the heart of his people, and he puts sin to death by the sword of the Spirit through those who belong to him.

The sword of the Spirit is a different sword entirely.

The sword of the Spirit is the word of God....which does not put sin to death as you claim. It's a piece of the armour of God with which we stand against the wiles of the devil.

Eph. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.​

genuineoriginal

A crime requires intent. The bible says do not murder, it does not say do not kill. I hope you understand the difference.
You need to read more of the Bible, since it contradicts what you believe.
What is the difference between a brother that kills his brother and a soldier that puts an entire town, including babies, to the sword.
You are moving the goalposts

Moving the goalposts is an informal fallacy in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. That is, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt.[3] The problem with changing the rules of the game is that the meaning of the result is changed, too.

According to the Bible, crime (sin) does not require intent, it only requires an act.

Leviticus 4:13
13 And if the whole congregation of Israel sin through ignorance, and the thing be hid from the eyes of the assembly, and they have done somewhat against any of the commandments of the Lord concerning things which should not be done, and are guilty;​

genuineoriginal

He has returned

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.​

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The problem with not having the death penalty is that the guilty get to live.
It's only a problem if you put their deaths above the life of innocents who will be killed mistakenly.

According to Jesus, your ways are not working.
I don't differ with Jesus, but I have a great difference with how you read him and your confidence in your own judgement on the point.

It is pretty obvious that our society is rapidly becoming just like the ones in the days of Noah and the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Every generation says that about the next one. It's particularly pronounced around the turns of centuries.

The current system is based on politics, not on justice.
That's wrong, but given it's just a declaration I don't feel obliged to offer more than that notice.

There is a demand to convict someone for each crime.
There's always a desire to find and punish the guilty.

The defense attorney will always try to get the accused to accept a plea agreement, whether the accused is guilty or not.
Actually no. Any plea deal will necessitate your client attesting to his confession of guilt. You can't knowingly permit, let alone encourage a client to lie under oath. It's grounds for disbarment.

Most of the rest of what follows is similar error on your part, mostly driven by anecdotal experience and I've explained most of it to you before, so at this point it seems like a willful bias you've adopted and there's no real point in going through what you won't internalize anyway, past being prologue.

Jerry Shugart

Could you do it? Could you be the one to execute someone?

I would because the LORD God declares that murderers should be put to death:

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man" (Gen. 9:6).​

Nothing about the LORD's command has changed since man is still made in the image of God.

What about you? Should we honor the LORD's commands and put murderers to death?

genuineoriginal

It's only a problem if you put their deaths above the life of innocents who will be killed mistakenly.
The innocents would be killed deliberately by those murderers you let live and the others that follow their example after seeing that they are not put to death for their crimes.

Arthur Brain

You asked whether a six year old should be put to death for murder.
These are two six year olds that have committed murder for us to discuss.
These are not some retarded six year olds that can be called babies or toddlers.
These are real criminals that have committed murder at the age of six.

No, they are children who are obviously underdeveloped at age six to be considered as adults and fully cognizant of their actions. In no way should six year old children be put to death.

Arthur Brain

I would because the LORD God declares that murderers should be put to death:

"Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man" (Acts 9:6).​

Nothing about the LORD's command has changed since man is still made in the image of God.

What about you? Should we honor the LORD's commands and put murderers to death?

Could you stab a six year old child to death if it was ordained as righteous punishment?

Arthur Brain

What? Are you crazy?

I would hope that if not crazy, he at least has some sort of condition that affects the empathetic centres of the brain because otherwise, to advocate the stabbing of six year old children to death as "criminals" or else is sickening beyond...well, words. It's psychopathy.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
You believe that executing innocent children in the womb is "civilized" but that executing guilty people is "not civilized".
Abortion is not the same thing as murdering a born human . And it is unstoppable and uncontrollable unlike laws against murder . Laws against abortion are simply unenforceable, unlike laws about murdering born people .
But executing children is just plain barbaric .

Arthur Brain

You believe that executing innocent children in the womb is "civilized" but that executing guilty people is "not civilized".

You really lose the faux outrage over abortion when you've no issue with children as young as six (or even younger possibly) being killed to the point of being stabbed to death for being "criminal". I'm not pro abort so you wanna drop that angle.

This has gotta be the most sickening thing ever on this forum, that I've seen anyway. Advocating for kids as young as six to be executed and even stabbed to death...

Words fail.

genuineoriginal

Abortion is not the same thing as murdering a born human . And it is unstoppable and uncontrollable unlike laws against murder . Laws against abortion are simply unenforceable, unlike laws about murdering born people .
Murder is unstoppable.
There will always be murder.
Laws against murder will not stop any murder.
The only thing that has been proven to lower the rate of murder (and abortion is murder) is to have a swift and public execution of the murderer.
This prevents the murderer from doing it again and puts fear into the hearts of the other people that might consider being a murderer as well.
But executing children is just plain barbaric .
Abortion is just plain barbaric.
The methods used in the past included burning children to Moloch and exposing children to the elements.
Using a curette and a vacuum doesn't make killing children a civilized act.

genuineoriginal

You really lose the faux outrage over abortion when you've no issue with children as young as six (or even younger possibly) being killed to the point of being stabbed to death for being "criminal".
You seem to have no idea that there is a difference between an innocent person and a guilty person.
I'm not pro abort so you wanna drop that angle.
My remark was addressed to the poster that may be the biggest proponent of abortion on this site.
But, for some reason, you don't argue against him.