:freak: That's not murder.
So?
Killers deserve to be killed.
So?
:freak:
Lethal force used in self defense is moral, legal, and just. It's not murder, you evil idiot.

You will find out when you die. Owning a gun statistically shortens peoples lives by a number of years.

WatchmanOnTheWall

So, even though I exposed your entire argument as fallacious you stick to your argument. :rolleyes:

Your point is, quite simply, wrong. Guns are not the problem. The problem is the decline and fall of Biblical morality within the US. If we all accepted and practiced the principles found in the 10 commandments there would be no murder problem, ever. That is the solution to the problem of murder. As long as those principles are not put into practice there will never be a cessation of murder, whether it be a single murder at a time, or murders of multiple people at once. And, people have a God-given right to defend themselves. The history of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Israelites as a nation show God has never withheld that right from humanity.

You're very naive, Jesus said:

Mark 10:18
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Humans have fallen and are evil no matter what:

Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts--MURDER, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

This includes you!

Yes you and your pride in the false belief that people could adhere to the law. This is exactly why Jesus died for us and our sinfulness. If you don't accept all this then you can't be saved and will go to Hell.

WatchmanOnTheWall

You will find out when you die also. :idunno:

For now, you're an evil idiot.

For out of the heart come evil thoughts--MURDER, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

This includes you!

Yes you and your pride in the false belief that people could be responsible and own a gun. This is exactly why Jesus died for us and our sinfulness. If you don't accept all this then you can't be saved and will go to Hell.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You're very naive
No I'm not.
, Jesus said:

This includes you!
YOU TOO!
Yes you and your pride in the false belief that people could be responsible and own a gun.
So law enforcement officers and members of the military then. :rolleyes:
This is exactly why Jesus died for us and our sinfulness. If you don't accept all this then you can't be saved and will go to Hell.
Thanks for checking in.

Pierac

Mat 10:34 Not Peace, but a Gun "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace but a gun.

Joh 18:10 Then Simon Peter, who had a gun, pulled it out and shot the high priest's slave, blowing off his right ear. (Now the slave's name was Malchus.)

Then Jesus said to them...
Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now, the one who has a money bag must take it, and likewise a traveler's bag too. And the one who has no Gun must sell his cloak and buy one.

John 18:11 But Jesus said to Peter, "Put your gun back into its sheath! Am I not to drink the cup that the Father has given me?"

Rom 8:35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will trouble, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or gun?

let's end with...

Rev 13:10 If anyone is meant for captivity,into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed by the gun,then by the gun he must be killed. This requires steadfast endurance and faith from the saints.

Was the Sword the gun of it's day? If so the apostles opened carried
:think:
Paul

Gary K

Banned

This includes you!

Yes you and your pride in the false belief that people could adhere to the law. This is exactly why Jesus died for us and our sinfulness. If you don't accept all this then you can't be saved and will go to Hell.

And Jesus also said the following:

Matthew 23: 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.
25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Matthew 5: 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 19: 16 ¶And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

To really understand Jesus we must take everything He said into consideration.

What did Paul have to say along the same lines?

Galatians 5: 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Paul basically says the exact same thing Jesus said for the work of the Holy Spirit is the cleansing of the inside of the cup. Walking in the Spirit is the solution to the lusts of the flesh, and the fruit of the Spirit is in violation of no law.

WatchmanOnTheWall

No I'm not.
YOU TOO!
So law enforcement officers and members of the military then. :rolleyes:
Thanks for checking in.

That's what I said in the beginning; only law enforcement and the military should have guns, not the general population.

Now your using my reasoning to defend you warped beliefs? You are insane.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Bump-stock-cartoon-NRA-courtesy-dailykos.com_-600x431.png

Shooting at First Baptist Church in Texas

After all this carnage, Congress won't even take the "bay steps" of taking a stand against "bump stocks" - apparently the right to bear "bump stocks" is now considered part of the 2nd Amendment!

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

And Jesus also said the following:

To really understand Jesus we must take everything He said into consideration.

What did Paul have to say along the same lines?

Paul basically says the exact same thing Jesus said for the work of the Holy Spirit is the cleansing of the inside of the cup. Walking in the Spirit is the solution to the lusts of the flesh, and the fruit of the Spirit is in violation of no law.

Dear oh dear, the fruit of the spirit are: love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance. Nothing there about killing people with guns.

Jesus was tortured to death and for gave those who done that. That is the example to those who call themselves Christians. Not carrying guns and killing people.

jsanford108

That's what I said in the beginning; only law enforcement and the military should have guns, not the general population.

May I interject, and ask what are your top three reasons why civilians should not be able to own guns?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

:freak: That's not murder.
So?
Killers deserve to be killed.
So?
Lethal force used in self defense is moral, legal, and just. It's not murder, you evil idiot.

Now there's a case of long suffering. Good job, Nihilo. :thumb:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Gun owners are owned by Satan.

Gun owners are Satanist whether they know it or not.

This is very interesting to me. I have guns and this is what I do with my guns. This is ALL I do with my guns. (That is not me, just a convenient picture.)
Cowboy-Mounted-Shooting-300x200-300x200.png

If you are a balloon, you have much to fear from me. If not, you have nothing to fear from me. Why am I a Satanist, owned by Satan, if all I do with my guns is participate in Cowboy Mounted Shooting? Your logic is puzzling.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Ask the people of Racca how that worked for them. If you think that what happened there can't happen here, you are grossly mistaken.

This Charming Manc

You got the point I was trying to make, but used it to argue the opposite to me :)

I think we agree that partial gun control doesn't work, city ordinances don't work when criminals can cross states borders and legally buy a gun 30 miles away.

You use this to argue for less gun control, I use it to argue for draconian and gun control at national level. The gun control is the UK and Australia works because of its universal nature, and it removes a supply of guns to criminals.

Gun control in Chicago doesn't work because its local in a country with 300,000,00 guns in circulation, and will not remove a supply of guns to criminals.

Exactly.
Which is why each citizen should have the means to defend themselves.

You can switch vehicles and guns and have the same argument.

Watch ....

The laws regarding vehiclesguns are designed to stop sane people doing dangerous and daft things, and they are usually quite good at that.

They cant stop some intent of breaking all laws from using the cargun as a weapon.

GunVehicle laws that don't take most gunsvehicles out of circulation do similar they will limit the damage sane people may do to each other but are little protection against a determined psychopath

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You got the point I was trying to make, but used it to argue the opposite to me :)
Not really opposite, just showing the same premise is for both.
IF there are still people with vehicles that are running down people, then vehicles need to be eliminated to the public and the public will have to rely on a ride with a trained official government taxi driver.
Only the proper authorities should provide safe trips for all.
That would greatly eliminate the cases of nuts using a vehicle inappropriately and keep us safer.

That is essentially what some want the government to do with our guns.
Restrict them to only trained official government officers to provide your safety.

What I am trying to get at is that citizens can do MUCH to provide themselves with their own safety, right then and there on the spot, and not have to sit and wait for a proper authority figure to show up.
As in the case with the shooter at the TEXAS church.
It was a citizen that ended the church shooter while the proper authority figures were still trying to get there.
And that citizen wasn't even in the church.
He was two houses away from the church and came running with his gun to help.
If that citizen had been inside the church when the shooter showed up, more people would still be alive.
Even better if 10 or 20 of the citizens in the church had been packing.
No authority figure was necessary to end the carnage.
Why?
Because of CITIZENS that have pride and courage when it comes to the protection of themselves and their neighbors.
You don't need to be an authority figure to do that.
Just a good ol' citizen.

I think we agree that partial gun control doesn't work, city ordinances don't work when criminals can cross states borders and legally buy a gun 30 miles away.
Not only that, but you can make a 'gun' easily.
When I was young we used to make what was called a 'potato cannon'.
Just a pipe with firecracker powder (gunpowder).
Stick a spud or anything with a rounded shape in, light the gunpowder and BOOM, that spud would shoot across the pasture.
Wasn't as accurate as a factory made gun,
But if your target was within 20-30 feet, you had a good chance of hitting of it.

You use this to argue for less gun control, I use it to argue for draconian and gun control at national level. The gun control is the UK and Australia works because of its universal nature, and it removes a supply of guns to criminals.
It also removes the supply of guns to courageous citizens to protect themselves.

Just recently another incident happened in TEXAS where an intruder entered a home with a married couple and their 3 children sleeping.
The intruder had a knife and stabbed the husband.
The intruder then started towards the children's bedrooms and the husband was able to then grab his gun and kill the intruder.
If an intruder comes into your home with any sort of weapon with him (or no weapon at all), a gun will greatly improve their safety.
But since your country doesn't allow you to have one, then you are going to have to figure out another way to protect your family from some nut that comes at you with a knife, or a ball bat, or a suicide bomb strapped to him, etc.
Having a gun will protect you from much much more than just other folks with guns.

Gun control in Chicago doesn't work because its local in a country with 300,000,00 guns in circulation, and will not remove a supply of guns to criminals.
Criminals don't just use guns to do their dirty work.
Your countries problem was not that some criminals had guns, but that you did not have enough citizens with guns to curb the carnage to begin with.

fool

Hall of Fame
I agree. This is the best case scenario for the NRA because they can point to someone with a gun fighting back and also an existing law that wasn't properly enforced.

Not only that but a legally possessed AR-15 versus an Illegally possessed AR-15 which he had no problem buying because existing laws weren't enforced. This is why we need detachable high capacity magazines. In case we have to engage someone who has the same.