ECT SEEing God?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exodus 33:18-23 KJV
(18) And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
(19) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
(20) And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
(21) And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
(22) And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
(23) And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Revelation

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

0 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,”

17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.

2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.

6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”​

Let me guess. MAD is not interpreting this right. The man on the throne in heaven is the almighty, called God, the first and the last, who was dead and is now alive is not the Lord Jesus Christ.

So we shall see him, who is the image of the invisible God whom the man on the throne proceeded from.

Danoh

My own understanding from the language of say, Samuel, David, Isaiah and so on, is that John's "in the Spirit on the Lord's day" refers to his having been been translated via imagery by the Spirit into the day of the Lord in His wrath. It is a vision the Spirit gave him.

And the vision is not literal. Rather, it is symbolism of the literal.

A sort of a reverse of when he related in the Gospel of John that John the Baptist said "Behold the lamb of God."

In the gospel of John, the literal is standing there in front of John the Baptist, but is described through imagery.

Whereas in the Revelation the literal is not actually taking place.

Rather it is things to come.

John is seeing a vision of the literal that is expressed through all kinds of imagery.

Why? Because the right imagery can communicate what would normally take up more time and space then either words alone, and or the actual events.

John is even describing things to the end of time, at times.

"A picture is worth, a thousand words."

Even that well known analogy is symbolism for two different literals.

Danoh

The more relevant passages might be those dealing with the issue of "in earth..."

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

"...as in heaven..."

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Danoh

Or, say...

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 19:27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

0 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,”

17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen.

2 Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. 3 And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.

6 Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. 8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty,
Who was and is and is to come!”​

Let me guess. MAD is not interpreting this right. The man on the throne in heaven is the almighty, called God, the first and the last, who was dead and is now alive is not the Lord Jesus Christ.

So we shall see him, who is the image of the invisible God whom the man on the throne proceeded from.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are saying.
Could you elaborate?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't think he 'saw" anything. I don't think he had any form of sensory experience at all. I think he had a purely affective experience of God's presence. We can feel more deeply than we can sense or think.

I assume you're speaking of Stephen.
I believe it was a GOD enabled vision, of what sensory provision we can only speculate.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm having a difficult time understanding what you are saying.
Could you elaborate?

Sure. This thread was started asking will we see God. So I show the final version of God and his throne in heaven, and whom is sitting on that throne.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Speculation on my part ....

I wonder if we will see the Holy Spirit in ways like when He appeared like a dove at Jesus' baptism?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Speculation on my part ....

I wonder if we will see the Holy Spirit in ways like when He appeared like a dove at Jesus' baptism?

The Holy Spirit did not appear as a dove.

The Holy Spirit alighted upon Jesus in the form of a cloak, the anointing. (a bodily form)

Jdg 8:22 Then the men of Israel said unto Gideon, Rule thou over us, both thou, and thy son, and thy son's son also: for thou hast delivered us from the hand of Midian.
Jdg 8:23 And Gideon said unto them, I will not rule over you, neither shall my son rule over you: the LORD shall rule over you.
Jdg 8:24 And Gideon said unto them, I would desire a request of you, that ye would give me every man the earrings of his prey. (For they had golden earrings, because they were Ishmaelites.)
Jdg 8:25 And they answered, We will willingly give them. And they spread a garment, and did cast therein every man the earrings of his prey.
Jdg 8:26 And the weight of the golden earrings that he requested was a thousand and seven hundred shekels of gold; beside ornaments, and collars, and purple raiment that was on the kings of Midian, and beside the chains that were about their camels' necks.
Jdg 8:27 And Gideon made an ephod thereof, and put it in his city, even in Ophrah: and all Israel went thither a whoring after it: which thing became a snare unto Gideon, and to his house.

A common practice among the AOG.

2Ki 2:9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
2Ki 2:10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
2Ki 2:11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
2Ki 2:12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
2Ki 2:13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
2Ki 2:14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
2Ki 2:15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

LA

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Gads . . .

Who in the world would say God the Holy Spirit is a dove?

Literalists are stupid.
Can you read??????

I did not say the Holy Spirit was a dove, you moron.

I said what Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John said ---- as/like a dove.

Your fibs are really adding up today.