ECT SEEing God?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
In the very end conclusion of heavenly things, I think we will see Jesus Christ and maybe the Father too (He may be too bright to see), but I don't think we will "see" the Holy Ghost, we will feel the power of the Spirit

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God,

'Invisible' in Greek is 'aoratos', which is the opposite of 'horatos', which means 'capable of being seen'.

Rev 22:3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.
Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

They will see His 'face', not His 'faces'.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In the very end conclusion of heavenly things, I think we will see Jesus Christ and maybe the Father too (He may be too bright to see), but I don't think we will "see" the Holy Ghost, we will feel the power of the Spirit

The term 'Father' represents the infinite invisible GOD. Being infinite, He is not limited. To behold the Father locationally would mean limitation. The infinite GOD became presentably finite in the incarnation of Christ Jesus, Immanuel/GOD with us. For us as finite/limited being to behold the Father/infinite being, we would have to have infinite capacity, which we don't and never will. We had a beginning. That which is created and has a beginning is finite/limited.
To comprehend/encircle the Father by created being would sorta' be like trying to pour and contain the Pacific Ocean in a teacup.
Only Christ, who is GOD, can know the Father in the same way the Father knows the Son, which is total.
We do and we will know the Father through the Son.

Also... to behold more than one 'image' of GOD would imply Polytheism and in the case of the Triune GOD being manifest visibly as three, would be Tritheism.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The term 'Father' represents the infinite invisible GOD. Being infinite, He is not limited. To behold the Father locationally would mean limitation. The infinite GOD became presentably finite in the incarnation of Christ Jesus, Immanuel/GOD with us. For us as finite/limited being to behold the Father/infinite being, we would have to have infinite capacity, which we don't and never will. We had a beginning. That which is created and has a beginning is finite/limited.
To comprehend/encircle the Father by created being would sorta' be like trying to pour and contain the Pacific Ocean in a teacup.
Only Christ, who is GOD, can know the Father in the same way the Father knows the Son, which is total.
We do and we will know the Father through the Son.

Also... to behold more than one 'image' of GOD would imply Polytheism and in the case of the Triune GOD being manifest visibly as three, would be Tritheism.
good post

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Evidently, I disagree with your interpretation of that verse.

By believers being 'one' as the Father and the Son are, do you think that means that believers will become GOD?

Nope.

Christ is the first born of many.

You go to far in your claim that Christ is God.

If you didn't you wouldn't even ask me that.

That's exactly where the head boys of Judaism went wrong.

Why would you align yourself with Christ killers?

30I and my Father are one. 31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Raise yer expectations. :)

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 6:16 KJV
(16) Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you say God can't localize Himself or become small enough to show us if He wants to?

No.(*Edit- When I said 'no', I meant that He can and does in the Angel of YHVH, the Shekinah Glory, and in the incarnation.)

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Gen 12:7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him.

However:

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.-KJV
Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.- ESV

Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Relevant question:

Act 7:55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.
Act 7:56 And he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

What did Stephen see and in what way did he see?

hoghead1

I'm not sure I follow you Patrick Jane. Some think of God as wholly simple, without parts or internal diversity. The comes from the influx of Hellenic substance metaphysics into the church, not Scripture. I take a different view, follow a different metaphysical system I think God is the most complex being there is. So I think that "seeing" God would be an experience of overwhelming complexity, so that at the t=very least there would be a threeness to God. I view God as a social-relational being and therefore understand God as a synthesis of personalities. Therefore, I would have no trouble with Trinitarian formulations which view the persons as persons in our sense of the term , indivudlas personalities, provided it is understood these constitute a larger, all-inclusive personality, a kind of group mind, if you will, which is God.

hoghead1

Both of you may be right. We can see God, but only very limited aspects of God, not the whole of God. I'm also not sure this would be a sensory experience. Important as the senses may be, we should not think our communication with reality is limited solely to the senses. Sensory experience is the end product of all kinds of subconscious, nonsensory events or experiences that take place in the brain. Unconscious purely affective experience is actually our basic level of experience, the place where we connect with reality. Because we have no sensory experience of causality, we can never "see" our connectedness to anything. So we can't "see" God, because God is love, the sensitive communal ground of our experience. But we can certainly "feel" God.

hoghead1

I don't think he 'saw" anything. I don't think he had any form of sensory experience at all. I think he had a purely affective experience of God's presence. We can feel more deeply than we can sense or think.