Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

fool

Hall of Fame
Of course he can. That's why it's an endorsement. He can suggest anyone he likes.

But that would involve holding him to any kind of standard of conduct whatsoever, which I know you have a problem with.

I guess you believe in winning at any cost. Trump has a lot of sway in Alabama. He's one of the only people who could make a difference, and at one point, it seemed like he was going to use that power.

Where's the omelette?

It will be an Alabama Omelette. Not what Trump would have ordered, but what they wanted down there. He doesn't lose anything by endorsing him, and the witch hunt makes it easier. If he doesn't endorse him and Moore wins anyway then he's got a fire brand that might try to make some dumb point somehow by not voting Red. If he endorses him he can have some sway by reminding him of that, and it's not like he's going to get any of his loony tune stuff thru.

fool

Hall of Fame
That doesn't really fly because IF he did what he's being accused of then it means he's lying about it now. He might not be doing the same acts right now, but he's not showing remorse. He's lying and accusing his accusers of a political hit job.

If he did anything Illegal then he should step down.
Having sex with 16 year olds was and is still legal in Alabama.
And no one has come forward and said they actually had sex with him.
The year book woman says he jumped her in his car behind the Restaurant and she quit her job the next day.
There's the 14 year old at the underwear cabin.
He supposedly grabbed a buttock in his office.

That's it right? The rest say they dated him but never got past kissing.
And then all the ancillaries like; "A former cop said he heard from a girl at the mall that..."

Has anyone said they actually had sex with him?

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't know what they'd try to find out. I assume they'd focus on the 14 year old's accusations.

That's where the dirt is if there's any. She supposedly went to underwear cabin twice, he called her at her house in her room where she didn't have a phone. She met him at a custody hearing about her where her mom sent her to her Dad's to live because she was out of control. She moved to her dad's 12 days later. That gives Moore 12 days to call her house twice and take her to his cabin twice. So, a phone record showing a call from Moore's house or the DA's office or a payphone near the DA's office would sure raise some eyebrows. Then, even though the statute of limitations has run out on what actually happened at the underwear cabin if he called from his office he misappropriated funds right? Or he transported a minor for an Illegal purpose (even though they didn't actually have sex you could show by his actions that he intended to).

And then go Federal Civil rights case like they did in Mississippi Burning.

Lexington'96

If Roy Moore wins the case for the right to life and religious freedom will be carried by a pedophile. His victory will ensure that our rights are taken away even more quickly.

rexlunae

If he did anything Illegal then he should step down.
Having sex with 16 year olds was and is still legal in Alabama.

You know, Moore never worries about legality when it comes to his extreme positions on gay rights. He just declares it perversion. How come you have no problem with that, but you don't think it's legit to criticize his treatment of young women, even if it was legal?

Derf

You know, Moore never worries about legality when it comes to his extreme positions on gay rights. He just declares it perversion. How come you have no problem with that, but you don't think it's legit to criticize his treatment of young women, even if it was legal?

No, he actually appeals to a higher standard for his rejection of homosexuality, something the constitution of Alabama encourages.

Not recognizing a higher standard than man's opinion as a basis for laws (including the definition of perversion) leaves a state or a nation of states in a quandary for which things to find moral or immoral, good or perverse. Thus, one day homosexuality is considered perverse, and the next it isn't; one day bestiality is considered perverse, and the next it isn't, one day grabbing a woman's breast or forcing your tongue down her throat without her permission is not considered perverse, and the next it is--but wait a day and it will change again.

If yesterday's evils are today's good, you are as likely to be perverse tomorrow as not.

fool

Hall of Fame
You know, Moore never worries about legality when it comes to his extreme positions on gay rights. He just declares it perversion. How come you have no problem with that,
Where do I not have a problem with that? Just to remind everyone I'm an Atheist and have stated in this very thread that Moore is a Bible thumping Homophobe who can't seem to restrain himself from putting the Ten Commandments every where.

Did you have a point in asking that Rex? Are you trying to say that you're like Moore?

but you don't think it's legit to criticize his treatment of young women, even if it was legal?
Criticize all you want but what are you criticizing? Unproven allegations? Unsupported allegations? Is Congress going to open a Taste Committee to investigate Untasteful actions? You're only going to not seat him if you can find something Illegal. Has anyone subpoenaed the 14 year olds phone records yet?

fool

Hall of Fame
Bring it home anybody but Moore.

Moore is going to win. If you can pin something on Moore then he will resign and the deep red state can appoint anyone they want to fill his 6 year term.

Now that this is almost over let's talk about Conyers.
Conyers was stupid, The Michigan Governor is going to leave his seat empty. If the Dems had a brain in their heads Conyers would have said "I'm a terrible person but I'm going to stay and vote Dem until they drag me outa here because if I don't then the people of the Michigan 13th District won't have any representation."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Moore is going to win. If you can pin something on Moore then he will resign and the deep red state can appoint anyone they want to fill his 6 year term.
Of course he will win. Today I heard an interview with someone in Alabama who framed it like this. A person accused of sexual misconduct vs a person who supports the murder of millions of people. I can only assume that there are many in Alabama who frame it that way as well.

WizardofOz

Moore is going to win.

Was there ever any doubt? :nono: This is Alabama we're talking about.

let's talk about Conyers.
Conyers was stupid, The Michigan Governor is going to leave his seat empty. If the Dems had a brain in their heads Conyers would have said "I'm a terrible person but I'm going to stay and vote Dem until they drag me outa here because if I don't then the people of the Michigan 13th District won't have any representation."

Perhaps some transgressions transcend politics :idunno:

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
Roy Moore will probably win, and Rusha and people of her ilk will cynically say it was Trump's influence, or tolerance for pedophiles. Pedophiles tend to go for women much younger and kill them. I have always thought calling Roy Moore as a pedophile is incorrect, wrong and cynic-all.

If Jones wins, it means Alabama voters are very deeply cynical.

fool

Hall of Fame
Was there ever any doubt? :nono: This is Alabama we're talking about.

Perhaps some transgressions transcend politics :idunno:

So, 700,000 people have no rep in the House because he was a scumbag?
How about transcending transgressions?
His votes on the budget or anything else don't have anything to do with him harassing his staff.