Roy Moore, OJ Simpson, And why I don't believe you.

WizardofOz

There are serious charges of criminal conduct that if true, not only make him unfit to serve in the Senate but merit criminal prosecution. We need a serious, persuasive demonstration that the charges are not true.

[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] is right and Roy Moore should sue for defamation of character.

Why isn't he? :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While I may agree with the jist of this, that didn't answer the question.

When does adolescence stop being adolescence?

As a general rule, adolescence can be considered the teen years.

I agree with Anna on this. How many of us would want someone in their thirties dating one of our teen children? That doesn't mean everyone close to their own age shouldn't be scrutinized, but rather ANYONE who is an older adult shouldn't be trusted.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are serious charges of criminal conduct that if true, not only make him unfit to serve in the Senate but merit criminal prosecution. We need a serious, persuasive demonstration that the charges are not true.

@aCultureWarrior is right and Roy Moore should sue for defamation of character.

Perhaps because he would have to legally defend himself in court ...

Remember when Donald Trump vowed to sue every accuser as soon as the election was over? :think:

Tinark

Sometimes when you frame a guilty man all people can see is the frame job.
OJ Simpson might have done it and you might have convinced a jury of that based on the gloves and the shoe prints and left it alone. But they had to go spraying blood everywhere and then nobody believed anything they had to say that might have been the truth.

Now comes Roy Moore who might really be a creep but he was the Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court TWICE (after getting removed once) so nobody is going to convince me that they just crawled out from under a rock and realized that the Roy Moore that is running for Senate is THAT Roy Moore they dated in high school. If the allegations are true then all these women just happened to wait until one month before the election to come forward.

When it would do the most damage.

And there's no time to investigate the claims.

They are going to have to forgive me if I don't believe them.

Your whole premise is flawed. The most damage would've been to make the allegations a day or two before the election. Your whole argument collapses from there.

The current poll numbers suggest Alabama voters have already largely forgotten about the allegations.

Tinark

[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] is right and Roy Moore should sue for defamation of character.

It is political suicide to bring the accusations back into the headlines.

Tinark

Why on earth would someone who is in their thirties need to prey on a teenager? The logical conclusion is that an adult of that age would be targeting them due to their immaturity and lack of experience in life. It's much easier for an adult to take an advantage of a child or teenager as compared to another adult.

Probably has a sexual preference for them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So we're starting with you then.

Do you see nothing wrong with the al troopers story? You thought moore should remember every little detail of people from 40 years back, but she couldnt remember her brother prosecuted and sent to prison for drugs by moore?

So do you still believe her?

WizardofOz

Wow, i didnt think you would cop out. You cited the womans story, but now wont state whether you still believe her after details of her brother being prosecuted by moore comes out and she admits other officers who were in her precinct, wont back her up?

It's not a cop out (pun intended? :)) it just doesn't impact my opinion one way or another. Roy Moore supporters tried to use a plant to discredit Moore's accusers. I listened to the words that came out of Roy Moore's mouth and he isn't credible.

You listened to his interview on Hannity. You don't see any problem with his responses? Why talk about Dick and Jane when we've got the direct words of the accused?

fool

Hall of Fame
Your whole premise is flawed. The most damage would've been to make the allegations a day or two before the election. Your whole argument collapses from there.
It's not an argument it's an observation.
I'm not here to persuade anyone to think the way I do, I'm just telling you why I think the way I think.

Tinark

It's not an argument it's an observation.
I'm not here to persuade anyone to think the way I do, I'm just telling you why I think the way I think.

And I'm telling you that the damage done to his election prospects would've been much greater had the allegations come out a day or two before the actual election.

You claim the motivation is to prevent him from getting elected based on the timing and therefore you think they are false. Yet the timing wasn't very good to prevent his election. Therefore, you need to either come up with a new premise that stands up to scrutiny or abandon the belief if you wish to hold rational beliefs.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And I'm telling you that the damage done to his election prospects would've been much greater had the allegations come out a day or two before the actual election.

You claim the motivation is to prevent him from getting elected based on the timing and therefore you think they are false. Yet the timing wasn't very good to prevent his election. Therefore, you need to either come up with a new premise that stands up to scrutiny or abandon the belief if you wish to hold rational beliefs.

This was my premise back on the second page of this thread, Nov. 15. I think it still holds.

You're missing something here. It was Sunday, Oct. 15 when Alyssa Milano sent out her tweet saying if someone had been sexually assaulted or harassed, to retweet with the hashtag #metoo. Two days later, the hashtag had been used 825,000 times. I have no idea what the number is now. According to FaceBook, 45% are friends with someone who has posted "me too."

This was all very much in the public consciousness when the WaPo story broke on Nov. 9. Many women finding the courage to say what had happened to them in the past. You can call this a frame job. I call it timing. The intersection of women telling their stories - and the Moore campaign.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

And here I thought that you liberal/Libertarians believed in the basis of American law: Innocent until proven guilty. I see that you make special exceptions for Christians.

Regarding a defamation of character suit:

Moore threatens to sue Washington Post over report
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/politics/roy-moore-washington-post-lawsuit/index.html

If the LGBTQ movement is successful and Moore loses the election, perhaps he'll have time to pursue that lawsuit. I'd much rather see Judge Moore in the Senate giving your rainbow flag waving admirers (Art Brain, annateddinni, Rusha) nightmares over his correct interpretation of the United States Constitution.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
For Some Victims, Reporting a Rape Can Bring Doubt, Abuse — and Even Prosecution

The women accusing the Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual misconduct have faced doubt and derision. Other women, who have alleged sexual assault or harassment by powerful men in Hollywood, Silicon Valley and elsewhere, have become targets for online abuse or had their careers threatened. Harvey Weinstein went so far as to hire ex-Mossad operatives to investigate the personal history of the actress Rose McGowan, to discourage her from publicly accusing him of rape.

There are many reasons for women to think twice about reporting sexual assault. But one potential consequence looms especially large: They may also be prosecuted.

This month, a retired police lieutenant in Memphis, Tennessee, Cody Wilkerson, testified, as part of a lawsuit against the city, not only that police detectives sometimes neglected to investigate cases of sexual assault but also that he overheard the head of investigative services in the city’s police department say, on his first day in charge: “The first thing we need to do is start locking up more victims for false reporting.” It’s an alarming choice of priorities — and one that can backfire.

In 2015 we wrote an article for ProPublica and the Marshall Project about Marie, an 18-year-old who reported being raped in Lynnwood, Washington, by a man who broke into her apartment. (Marie is her middle name.) Police detectives treated small inconsistencies in her account — common among trauma victims — as major discrepancies. Instead of interviewing her as a victim, they interrogated her as a suspect. Under pressure, Marie eventually recanted — and was charged with false reporting, punishable by up to a year in jail. The court ordered her to pay $500 in court costs, get mental health counseling for her lying and go on supervised probation for one year. More than two years later, the police in Colorado arrested a serial rapist — and discovered a photograph proving he had raped Marie.

What happened to Marie seemed unthinkable. She was victimized twice — first raped, then prosecuted. But cases like hers can be found around the country. In 1997, a legally blind woman reported being raped at knife point in Madison, Wisconsin. That same year, a pregnant 16-year-old reported being raped in New York City. In 2004, a 19-year-old reported being sexually assaulted at gunpoint in Cranberry Township, Pa.

In all three instances, the women were charged with lying. In all three instances, their reports turned out to be true. The men who raped them were later identified and convicted.

In 2001, a 13-year-old in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, reported being abducted and molested. “You keep lying and lying and lying and lying,” a police detective told her. In 2015, a physical therapist in Vallejo, California, reported being kidnapped and sexually assaulted. The police called her story a hoax. One lieutenant said that she “owes this community an apology.” In both instances, video footage later surfaced affirming the victims’ reports.

In Marie’s case, and with some of the other cases, the victims hadn’t acted the way the police thought a victim should act. Their affect seemed off, or they declined help from an advocate, or they looked away instead of making eye contact. As a result, their stories became suspect.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
More smears from the left regarding Judge Roy Moore:

For Some Victims, Reporting a Rape Can Bring Doubt, Abuse — and Even Prosecution

The women accusing the Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual misconduct have faced doubt and derision. Other women, who have alleged sexual assault or harassment by powerful men in Hollywood, Silicon Valley and elsewhere, have become targets for online abuse or had their careers threatened. Harvey Weinstein went so far as to hire ex-Mossad operatives to investigate the personal history of the actress Rose McGowan, to discourage her from publicly accusing him of rape.

I find it interesting that you put Judge Roy Moore, who has absolutely no evidence against him showing that he did what he was accused of doing, with sexual predators from the left who do.

Is it true that the left is so threatened about the election of Roy Moore into the Senate that they opened up the floodgates and threw their well known sexual degenerates under the bus so that people would think that Moore fits in with your crowd anna?

WizardofOz

And here I thought that you liberal/Libertarians believed in the basis of American law: Innocent until proven guilty. I see that you make special exceptions for Christians.
:doh:

Um, I only actually quoted your hero, Ted Cruz.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday withdrew his support from Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore, saying allegations of sexual misconduct should be looked at by prosecutors.

"As it stands, I can't urge the people of Alabama to support a campaign in the face of these charges without serious, persuasive demonstration that the charges are not true," the Texas Republican told reporters, according to a Texas Tribune reporter.

"Both last week and this week, there are serious charges of criminal conduct that if true, not only make him unfit to serve in the Senate but merit criminal prosecution," he added.

Is he a liberal/libertarian that only views Christians as guilty until proven innocent?

But, but that's different. The standard only changes for you if the person is Christian.

It's never difficult to expose your blatant hypocrisy and double standards.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Still not able to provide evidence against Roy Moore, my bestest friend in the whoooole wide world gets desperate.

Sen. Ted Cruz on Monday withdrew his support from Alabama GOP Senate nominee Roy Moore, saying allegations of sexual misconduct should be looked at by prosecutors.

You're late to the party Aaron. When I found out a week or so ago that Cruz sold out Moore, I discontinued my Cruz newsletter.

Now back to your evidence showing that Judge Roy Moore is guilty of doing what the LGBTQ movement says he did over 40 years ago.

omE4ubi.gif