Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

john w

Hall of Fame
The law has two purposes it reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

Yes, but Pate, with convoluted "logic," asserts:

The law was made void/destroyed/abolished/eliminated, at the cross-it no longer exists, as the Old Covenant no longer exists!!!!! But it still exists today to "reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man," although it no longer exists.

This, TOL audience, is the demon possessed ramblings of "Pate-ianity."

Straight jacket time. Attention, Walmart shoppers: brain spill, Pate aisle.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am a sinner.

For over the 100th time, Pate: What law, did you transgress, thus committing a sin/transgression,being a sinner, since sin is the transgression of the law, if there is no law, according to you, which spells out, defines sin, including the ones you commit?

ANSWER Pate.

john w

Hall of Fame
Christian's are not led by law.

True, but a satanic false dichotomy, as you ignorantly conclude, that if the law exists, we are not only automatically led by it, we are guilty of breaking it, and condemned by it. The analogy is that Pate asserts that if the laws of foreign countries exist, Americans are automatically "led" by those respective laws, under their jurisdiction. So, his convoluted "logic:" eliminate the laws of foreign countries!!!! Eliminate, make void, destroy, abolish the holy law of God, which the LORD God promised would stand FOREVER.

And and neither I, or any other member of the boc, have stated that we are led, or under its jurisdiction, or, most importantly, its condemnation, since Christ died for our sins, i.e., our sin debt/IOU, for breaking, by defintion, His EXISTING holy, "un-void," spiritual law.

clefty

You are apparently a member of John W's fan club. You cannot converse with anyone without calling them names. A very poor witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Christian's are not led by law. The law has already been written on their heart by the Holy Spirit, Hebrews 8:10. The law has two purposes it reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

You dont have to tell me the Law is written in my heart and mind...or that it reveals...

You just conceded it remains...written in our hearts and minds...and is revealing things STILL...

And your rebellious rejection of it with claims it is abolished and thus NO LONGER written in our hearts and minds or no longer revealing is obvious...

None are so blind as those that will not see...

You and most of Christendom BTW would rather continue the jewish LIE that Stephen and Paul taught the cross destroyed the law...

Is why Paul wrote...they ARE shadows...and NOT they WERE shadows...

So the Law remains...written in believers hearts and minds...revealing...the path by which the Spirit leads

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont have to tell me the Law is written in my heart and mind...or that reveals...

You just conceded it remains...written in our hearts and minds...and revealing things STILL...

And your rebellious rejection of it with claims it is abolished and thus NO LONGER written in our hearts and minds or no longer revealing is obvious...

None are so blind as those that will not see...

You and most of Christendom BTW would rather continue the jewish LIE that Stephen and Paul taught the cross destroyed the law...

There is a big difference between the law written on our heart and the written law of Moses. The law written on our heart is spiritual. It is not a set of laws and rules. The Spirit prompts us to do good. The law of Moses demands that we do good, big, big, difference.

The written law of Moses has been abolished. Jesus abolished it because it was contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it. We are called to live by the Spirit and not the law. Living by the Holy Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ and now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Because God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" there is no need for law.

The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn.

"There is no condemnation to them which are "In Christ". Romans 8:1.

Paul said, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death" Romans 8:2.

God can find no sin in the man that confesses with his mouth the Lord Jesus and believes in his heart that God has raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9.

I am not under the law, nor do I need the law, because I am perfect and complete "In Christ". Not sure about you.

clefty

There is a big difference between the law written on our heart and the written law of Moses. The law written on our heart is spiritual. It is not a set of laws and rules. The Spirit prompts us to do good. The law of Moses demands that we do good, big, big, difference.

The written law of Moses has been abolished. Jesus abolished it because it was contrary to us, no one can keep it or do it. We are called to live by the Spirit and not the law. Living by the Holy Spirit is to live according to the Gospel. In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ and now stand before God as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Because God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" there is no need for law.

The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn.

"There is no condemnation to them which are "In Christ". Romans 8:1.

Paul said, "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death" Romans 8:2.

God can find no sin in the man that confesses with his mouth the Lord Jesus and believes in his heart that God has raised him from the dead, Romans 10:9.

I am not under the law, nor do I need the law, because I am perfect and complete "In Christ". Not sure about you.

LOL...“Written Law of Moses” Moses didn’t come up with them...

2+2= ?...this mathematical law does not demand to be solved but those so inclined are indeed prompted to solve it...

But for wearisome posts on end you have argue the law itself is abolished so 2+2 is GONE the law of addition is gone...

Then you concede it remains but some how it is changed? 2+2=5? or Red? Or Fish?

And now you claim it differs as 2+2=4 written is different from when it is mentally understood...mentally understood we are prompted to solve it or not...so we don’t actually have to

LOL

You are entertaining...

BTW: Here are they that keep the commandments...and have the faith of...

That is the result of being in Him...the default we were created to be prior the rebellion you joined with your “lawlessness”

Hawkins

I think that it's all about technicality.

Law (whatever it is) is always there for everyone (both saved and unsaved) to abide by, such that the unsaved will see their doom.

Law is abolished only in the sense and from the perspective that God doesn't see Christians the same way. We (Christians) sinned but we are still righteous in God's eyes. Gives thanks to Jesus Christ, Amen.

The technicality of "in God's eyes" is the covenant. Technically it means when judging by Law (whatever it is) applicable to us, we are dead. However with God's Grace through Jesus Christ in place, we are no longer judged that way (by Law). We are judged by the New Covenant we are entitled to instead. Judgment by the covenant applicable to us Christians, we are the righteous, and the saved.

Shall we sin the same as the unsaved doing all the times, or even worse?

Of course not. The technicality here is even though we are no longer judged by Law, it by no means says that we don't need to abide by Law. We still need to abide by Law as the unsaved do, and we actually shall do better (than the unsaved) with our faith in Christ and God acting upon us. That's the point of faith without work is dead. Though we will inevitably fail at some points as everyone does, we have the New Covenant and Jesus Christ thus we are still the righteous.

Now what is LAW?

As gentiles, Law to us is our conscience and moral code sticking close to the Bible teaching. If you are a Jew or still reckon yourself as a Jew, you have the option to observe whatever the Jewish customs are.

Robert Pate

Banned
LOL...“Written Law of Moses” Moses didn’t come up with them...

2+2= ?...this mathematical law does not demand to be solved but those so inclined are indeed prompted to solve it...

But for wearisome posts on end you have argue the law itself is abolished so 2+2 is GONE the law of addition is gone...

Then you concede it remains but some how it is changed? 2+2=5? or Red? Or Fish?

And now you claim it differs as 2+2=4 written is different from when it is mentally understood...mentally understood we are prompted to solve it or not...so we don’t actually have to

LOL

You are entertaining...

BTW: Here are they that keep the commandments...and have the faith of...

That is the result of being in Him...the default we were created to be prior the rebellion you joined with your “lawlessness”

The Bible plainly teaches that the law of Moses has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, 2 Corinthians 3:13, Hebrews 8:13. 1 Timothy 1:9 tells us that the law is not for Christian but for sinners. Paul tells us that the law causes one to sin, Romans 7:6-11.

You can't accept what the Bible says about the law.

All that are "In Christ" are perfect and complete and do not need the law, Colossians 2:10.

The only ones that need the law are the religious like you and John W. that are trying to be justified by your obedience to the law. That's really what it is all about, isn't it?

Robert Pate

Banned
I think that it's all about technicality.

Law (whatever it is) is always there for everyone (both saved and unsaved) to abide by, such that the unsaved will see their doom.

Law is abolished only in the sense and from the perspective that God doesn't see Christians the same way. We (Christians) sinned but we are still righteous in God's eyes. Gives thanks to Jesus Christ, Amen.

The technicality of "in God's eyes" is the covenant. Technically it means when judging by Law (whatever it is) applicable to us, we are dead. However with God's Grace through Jesus Christ in place, we are no longer judged that way (by Law). We are judged by the New Covenant we are entitled to instead. Judgment by the covenant applicable to us Christians, we are the righteous, and the saved.

Shall we sin the same as the unsaved doing all the times, or even worse?

Of course not. The technicality here is even though we are no longer judged by Law, it by no means says that we don't need to abide by Law. We still need to abide by Law as the unsaved do, and we actually shall do better (than the unsaved) with our faith in Christ and God acting upon us. That's the point of faith without work is dead. Though we will inevitably fail at some points as everyone does, we have the New Covenant and Jesus Christ thus we are still the righteous.

Now what is LAW?

As gentiles, Law to us is our conscience and moral code sticking close to the Bible teaching. If you are a Jew or still reckon yourself as a Jew, you have the option to observe whatever the Jewish customs are.

The Holy Spirit is the Christians keeper and guide, John 16:13, not the law. The Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin. Those that don't have the Holy Spirit are in the flesh and are led by their flesh. Paul said that the law will cause one to sin, Romans 7:8-11.

clefty

The Bible plainly teaches that the law of Moses has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, 2 Corinthians 3:13, Hebrews 8:13. 1 Timothy 1:9 tells us that the law is not for Christian but for sinners. Paul tells us that the law causes one to sin, Romans 7:6-11.

You can't accept what the Bible says about the law.

All that are "In Christ" are perfect and complete and do not need the law, Colossians 2:10.

The only ones that need the law are the religious like you and John W. that are trying to be justified by your obedience to the law. That's really what it is all about, isn't it?

All those have been asked and answered...

It is not about obedience but about pleasing Him so if you can show me where your disobedience pleases Him please feel free..

Robert Pate

Banned
All those have been asked and answered...

It is not about obedience but about pleasing Him so if you can show me where your disobedience pleases Him please feel free..

The only thing that pleases God is your faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
As opposed to YOU telling everyone that they don't have the Holy Spirit.

Please QUOTE the post where someone made this claim.

Those that WILL have the law written on their hearts will be those that are under the law to keep it.

The NEW COVENANT is between God and Israel, just like the Bible says.

Heb 8:7-13 KJV For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (13) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

YOU are not THEM.

Is the law good or bad?

The law is good because it reveals the righteousness of God.

Jesus is the New Covenant. All of the promises that God made to Israel were fulfilled when he gave them Jesus Christ.

There are no laws or rules under the New Covenant, because the law has been abolished. Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

clefty

The only thing that pleases God is your faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

Takes more than faith buddy...ya gotta keep...if you love Him

Even the demons believe...

By your fruits...”well DONE good and faithful servant” NOT “well believed”...

“HERE ARE THEY THAT...” WHAT? Believe or have faith or KEEP the commandments...

NOT those that cry “LORD LORD” but those that what?

Those that DO the will of His Father...

Right Divider

Body part
Indeed it is.

Are you ever going to tell us who said that "Christians are led by the law"? Or this going to continue to be your big secret?

Jesus is the New Covenant. All of the promises that God made to Israel were fulfilled when he gave them Jesus Christ.
No, He is NOT a "covenant". That is ridiculous.

There are no laws or rules under the New Covenant, because the law has been abolished.
This NONSENSE will not become true just because you repeat it ad nauseam.

Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.
The Bible describes those under the new covenant as the SAME people whose fathers God made the old covenant when he brought them out of Egypt ... Israel. And you have the nerve to ask others is they even have a Bible.

clefty

There are no laws or rules under the New Covenant, because the law has been abolished. Under the New Covenant, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion.

Ahhhh yes a life lived by faith...

Could you please describe what that life looks like?

Is it more like the world or less?

More like your former self or more like He lived and modeled?

Specifics please...how do we live that life of faith?

And I don’t mean “be nice” or “do charity” or “love one another”

The pagans do that too as do Buddhists and Muslims and Jews...

Please tell us what a life of a believer looks like...one of the faith in Yahushua

john w

Hall of Fame

He continues to lie:

Romans 3:31 KJV
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And his demonic "logic," a false dichotomy, is that the law must not exist, for anyone to fulfill "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion."

This is a troubled, demon infested poser.

As asked, over 100 times, Pate: if there is no law, no longer existing, void, destroyed, abolished, as you satanicaly assert, is murder, theft, adultery, sodomy a sin, and on what basis?

ANSWER, Pate.

clefty

He continues to lie:

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And his demonic "logic," a false dichotomy, is that the law must not exist, for anyone to fulfill "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules, laws or religion."

As asked, over 100 times, Pate: if there is no law, no longer existing, void, destroyed, abolished, as you satanicaly assert, is murder, theft, adultery, sodomy a sin, and on what basis?

ANSWER, Pate.

Bob ain’t gonna answer...he ain’t gotta do nuthin’

He chooses rather to believe the jewish lie that the cross abolished the law...

Robert Pate

Banned
He continues to lie:

ANSWER, Pate.

If you live by the law, you will perish by the law, simply because by the law is the knowledge of sin, Romans 3:20.

Robert Pate

Banned
Ahhhh yes a life lived by faith...

Could you please describe what that life looks like?

Is it more like the world or less?

More like your former self or more like He lived and modeled?

Specifics please...how do we live that life of faith?

And I don’t mean “be nice” or “do charity” or “love one another”

The pagans do that too as do Buddhists and Muslims and Jews...

Please tell us what a life of a believer looks like...one of the faith in Yahushua

Paul said, "The life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20.

Robert Pate

Banned
He continues to lie:

ANSWER, Pate.

For you it is sin, because you are under the law.