ECT Retroactively

john w

Hall of Fame
If you knew you would say. You do this all the time, and in any arena, it is the suffocation of learning and conversation.

what you mean is that we are supposed to ignore what Paul and Hebrews say it is, and ask D'ists first. Always ask D'ists because they 'made sense of out of the Bible when they launched their system.'
Could you repeat that, Jim?

Interplanner

Could you repeat that, Jim?

Chafer's famous quote is that the Bible did not make sense, but his system made sense out of the Bible. That would be the system which he, Scofield, Pentecost, Ryrie, Walvoord all agreed that: there is no combining the nation of Israel with the Christian church without confusion.

This came 200 years after the Reformation to the ordinary meaning of the Bible without medieval allegory nearly everywhere. With widespread knowledge of the historic events and conditions of 1st century Judea, no one from that time period would consider what D'ism now believes is fact. Nor does it mean anything specific about the state of Israel. John Adams (2nd US Pres.) for ex., thought it should have its own state, without viewing it as having any 'prophecy' meaning at all.

You sense of humor is like crap to me, if you want to keep discussing this, knock it off and actually show some thought.

Interplanner

As I have asked many times, why don't you summarize what the NT says about the OT, or summarize the OT, instead of your snide cartoons when I stick it to you about what you think it means. If you are really honest you will explain yourself fully, completely. Treat yourself to a paragraph, it feels great.

john w

Hall of Fame
Chafer's famous quote is that the Bible did not make sense, but his system made sense out of the Bible. That would be the system which he, Scofield, Pentecost, Ryrie, Walvoord all agreed that: there is no combining the nation of Israel with the Christian church without confusion.

This came 200 years after the Reformation to the ordinary meaning of the Bible without medieval allegory nearly everywhere. With widespread knowledge of the historic events and conditions of 1st century Judea, no one from that time period would consider what D'ism now believes is fact. Nor does it mean anything specific about the state of Israel. John Adams (2nd US Pres.) for ex., thought it should have its own state, without viewing it as having any 'prophecy' meaning at all.

You sense of humor is like crap to me, if you want to keep discussing this, knock it off and actually show some thought.

No, no, no, Dudley Do-right!!!The days of literalism are over, and you take too literally these references, " crap...bible...the Christian church... John Adams...prophecy ... the Reformation...!!!" All of them are an allegory!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did I do?

You're a clown, in a parade of clowns, and even you know it, punk.Flop those big shoes, Corky the Clown.

Interplanner

No, no, no, Dudley Do-right!!!The days of literalism are over, and you take too literally these references, " crap...bible...the Christian church... John Adams...prophecy ... the Reformation...!!!" All of them are an allegory!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did I do?

You're a clown, in a parade of clowns, and even you know it, punk.Flop those big shoes, Corky the Clown.

Are you trying to say something about Chafer's claim to be the first to make sense of the Bible?

john w

Hall of Fame

No, no, no, Corky, as you take the word "bible," historic events, way too literally, as you do "the state of Israel," and "crap." Remember: Focus on the mission, and not fracturization.

How did I do?

Interplanner

No, no, no, Corky, as you take the word "bible," historic events, way too literally, as you do "the state of Israel," and "crap." Remember: Focus on the mission, and not fracturization.

How did I do?

You are neither true about yourself nor me nor the Bible. You did horribly.

john w

Hall of Fame
You are neither true about yourself nor me nor the Bible. You did horribly.

No, no, no, sport....You take the word "the bible" too literally. Remember-the days of literalism are over-focus on the.......

mission.gif

How did I do?