ECT Reserved in Heaven For You

john w

Hall of Fame
Are you actually saying that the following believers out of Israel do not have a heavenly inheritance?:
I did not say that. Time to teach...

Context-The remnant of the nation Israel's inheritance-the lot of the inheritance.....Land, baby, land, on earth, the kingdom of heaven upon the earth, during the mil. kingdom.......The only way that can be realized, the LORD God making good on His promises to "the fathers"....Via, resurrected bodies, "standing," the remnant in those resurrected bodies, in their lot, land inheritance, in the kingdom of heaven upon the earth.....

Doctrinally, in no ambiguous or uncertain terms, the apostle Paul made declared throughout his testimony in scripture, that the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection to be a model, a pattern of our own resurrection. Indeed, one of the central "pillars" of the gospel of Christ, is that the Lord Jesus Christ "...rose again the third day according to the scriptures...."(1 Cor. 15:4 KJV). Paul's whole argument is that the surety of our future physical, bodily resurrection is based on the surety of the physical, bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ-they cannot be separated or divorced from one another. The entire 15th chapter of First Corinthians was written to counter this error:" ...how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?" (15:12). The Lord Jesus Christ died physically, and He rose from the dead physically-this is a fact. And since He did, we will also. The context does not allow for, or justify, a mere "mystical, spiritual, figurative" "standing up", i.e., resurrection.

There are numerous New Testament passages confirming the Lord Jesus Christ's bodily, physical resurrection as "flesh and bones"(notice not "flesh and blood"-Luke 24:39 KJV, 1 Cor. 15:50 KJV). This doctrine of a future bodily, physical resurrection, not merely some sort of "spiritual" "standing up", is confirmed throughout the Old Testament. A few examples are as follows(bold is my emphasis):

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God...." Job 19:25-26 KJV

-Stand is a clear reference to physical resurrection.

"If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come." Job 14:14 KJV

"The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death." Proverbs 14:32 KJV

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption." Psalms 16:9-10 KJV

"Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth." Psalms 71:20 KJV

"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD." Psalms 118:17 KJV

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19 KJV

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes." Hosea 13:14 KJV

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." Daniel 12:2 KJV

Also notice that 8 "individuals in the OT and NT were "resuscitated" from death( See 1 Kings 17:22 KJV; 2 Kings 4:34 KJV; 13:20-21 KJV; Luke 7:14-15 KJV, Luke 8:52-56 KJV; John 11:44 KJV; Acts 9:40 KJV, Acts 20:9-12), besides the "many bodies of the saints" of Mt. 27:52.

The Lord Jesus Christ confirmed that his same physical body would be raised up in John 2:19-21, and this is confirmed in 1 Timothy 2:5, where he is pictured as "....the man Christ Jesus....". In Acts 2:24-28, 31, the body dies-no where do we find in the Holy Bible a reference to the spirit being resurrected. To die, in context to resurrection and being brought back to life, is always relative to the human, physical body. Corruption relates to the physical decay of the body for mortality and fallen humanity. Paul argues that the Lord Jesus Christ did not see corruption(Psalms 16:10, Acts 27)-his physical body was not left to decay in the ground, but was brought out of the ground as "...the firstfruits of them who slept"(1 Cor. 15:20, 23), sleep being a substitute, a euphemism for physical death throughout the Corinthian epistle(11:30; 15:6,18, 20, 51), and elsewhere in scripture(Deut. 31:16; 1 Kings 2:10, 11:21, 11:43; Daniel 12:2; Mt. 27:52; John 11:11-13; Acts 7:60, 13:36; 1 Thessalonians 4:14). Paul then moves to the logical conclusion that, likewise, since("For" in verses 15:21,22) he was the firstfruits, we too will be physically resurrected, and in our "the resurrection of the dead" which we will experience, our physical bodies will be "raised in incorruption"(1 Cor. 15:42).

Continued...

john w

Hall of Fame
Memorize:

Job 19:25 KJV

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

The Lord Jesus Christ, standing, on earth, at the second coming....

Daniel 12:13 KJV

But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

Get it? Daniel "standing" in his "lot"-resurrected body, on land......earth......kingdom of heaven, upon the earth.....the land inheritance, this promise of the LORD God is woven through Genesis through Malachi, reiterated in Matthew-John.

To wit...

In Daniel 12:1-3, 13, we learn that the periods of days that occur during the last of the "Seventy Weeks", include the resurrection of Daniel, does it not? In verse 13, Gabriel's words to Daniel are:

"But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot (my comment added: a reference to Daniels portion/inheritance in the land promised to his father Abraham in the Abrahamic covenant) at the end of the days." Daniel 12:13 KJV

Resurrection="to stand up" Again, to reemphasize a premise: this doctrine of a future bodily, physical resurrection, is not merely some sort of "spiritual" "standing up", is confirmed throughout the Old Testament. Repeating the previous few examples:

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God...." Job 19:25-26

-Stand is a clear reference to resurrection.

"If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come." Job 14:14

"The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death." Proverbs 14:32

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption." Psalms 16:9,10

"Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth." Psalms 71:20

"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD." Psalms 118:17

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead." Isaiah 26:19

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes." Hosea 13:14

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." Daniel 12:2

Again: "For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand(emphasis mine)at the latter day upon the earth..." Job 19:25

How does verse 13 show that the view that the 70th week of Daniel has already been fulfilled is false? The answer is very simple: the 70th week of Daniel cannot have been fulfilled, because Daniel has not been resurrected. If you take the scripture literally, Daniel will be resurrected at the end of the still-future 70th week, the portion of the Jewish sabbatical calendar that concludes Daniel's prophecy. And here is the simple reasoning the seventy weeks are Jewish sabbatical years, and the time interval pertains to the nation of Israel("thy people"-Daniel 9:24). When God temporarily set aside the nation of Israel, as recorded in the book of Acts, the "sabbatical clock" stopped ticking. When the LORD God resumes in the future His dealing with Israel according to His faithful promises, "...the promises made unto the fathers...."(Romans 15:8), this sabbatical clock will resume, and the 70th week (sabbatical year) can, and will resume.

Of course you may discount this literally, suggesting that this is a "spiritual" resurrection, as do "postmillennialists/A-millennialists" today, as Hymenaeus and Philetus did, "...saying the resurrection is past already....(1 Tim. 1;20, 2 Tim. 2:18). You decide, for "...to his own master he standeth or falleth...." Romans 14:4.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Survey the land inheritance-the lot for an inheritance....Land, baby.....

I did:

Numbers 26:55 KJV

Notwithstanding the land shall be divided by lot: according to the names of the tribes of their fathers they shall inherit.

Numbers 26:56 KJV

According to the lot shall the possession thereof be divided between many and few.

Numbers 33:54 KJV

And ye shall divide the land by lot for an inheritance among your families: and to the more ye shall give the more inheritance, and to the fewer ye shall give the less inheritance: every man’s inheritance shall be in the place where his lot falleth; according to the tribes of your fathers ye shall inherit.

Numbers 34:13 KJV

And Moses commanded the children of Israel, saying, This is the land which ye shall inherit by lot, which the Lord commanded to give unto the nine tribes, and to the half tribe:

Numbers 36:2 KJV

and they said, The Lord commanded my lord to give the land for an inheritance by lot to the children of Israel: and my lord was commanded by the Lord to give the inheritance of Zelophehad our brother unto his daughters.

Joshua 13:6 KJV

All the inhabitants of the hill country from Lebanon unto Misrephoth-maim, and all the Sidonians, them will I drive out from before the children of Israel: only divide thou it by lot unto the Israelites for an inheritance, as I have commanded thee.

Joshua 15:1 KJV

This then was the lot of the tribe of the children of Judah by their families; even to the border of Edom the wilderness of Zin southward was the uttermost part of the south coast.

Joshua 16:1 KJV

And the lot of the children of Joseph fell from Jordan by Jericho, unto the water of Jericho on the east, to the wilderness that goeth up from Jericho throughout mount Beth-el,

Joshua 17:1 KJV

There was also a lot for the tribe of Manasseh; for he was the firstborn of Joseph; to wit, for Machir the firstborn of Manasseh, the father of Gilead: because he was a man of war, therefore he had Gilead and Bashan.

Joshua 17:2 KJV

There was also a lot for the rest of the children of Manasseh by their families; for the children of Abiezer, and for the children of Helek, and for the children of Asriel, and for the children of Shechem, and for the children of Hepher, and for the children of Shemida: these were the male children of Manasseh the son of Joseph by their families.

Joshua 17:14 KJV

And the children of Joseph spake unto Joshua, saying, Why hast thou given me but one lot and one portion to inherit, seeing I am a great people, forasmuch as the Lord hath blessed me hitherto?

Joshua 18:11 KJV

And the lot of the tribe of the children of Benjamin came up according to their families: and the coast of their lot came forth between the children of Judah and the children of Joseph.

Joshua 19:1 KJV

And the second lot came forth to Simeon, even for the tribe of the children of Simeon according to their families: and their inheritance was within the inheritance of the children of Judah.

Joshua 19:51 KJV

These are the inheritances, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, divided for an inheritance by lot in Shiloh before the Lord, at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. So they made an end of dividing the country.

Joshua 23:4 KJV

Behold, I have divided unto you by lot these nations that remain, to be an inheritance for your tribes, from Jordan, with all the nations that I have cut off, even unto the great sea westward.

Psalm 105:11 KJV

saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance:

Isaiah 34:17 KJV

And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

Ezekiel 45:1 KJV

Moreover, when ye shall divide by lot the land for inheritance, ye shall offer an oblation unto the Lord, an holy portion of the land: the length shall be the length of five and twenty thousand reeds, and the breadth shall be ten thousand. This shall be holy in all the borders thereof round about.

Ezekiel 47:22 KJV

And it shall come to pass, that ye shall divide it by lot for an inheritance unto you, and to the strangers that sojourn among you, which shall beget children among you: and they shall be unto you as born in the country among the children of Israel; they shall have inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel.

Ezekiel 48:29 KJV

This is the land which ye shall divide by lot unto the tribes of Israel for inheritance, and these are their portions, saith the Lord God.

And thus....

Daniel 12:13 KJV

But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

POTY-my brilliance stuns even me, often.....But I am way too humble to say that.

Jerry Shugart

Nope-the believing remnant of the nation of Israel's inheritance is on earth-land, baby....land.

Surely you can understand that the Jews spoken of in the following verse were the believing remnant out of the nation of Israel. So are you saying that they do not have the same inheritance as the Gentile members?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Same inheritance for both or do each have different inheritances?

Of course you may discount this literally, suggesting that this is a "spiritual" resurrection, as do "postmillennialists/A-millennialists" today, as Hymenaeus and Philetus did, "...saying the resurrection is past already....(1 Tim. 1;20, 2 Tim. 2:18). You decide, for "...to his own master he standeth or falleth...." Romans 14:4.

I say that Christians will be resurrected in a spiritual body (1 Cor.15:44) and not a flesh and blood body:

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption" (1 Cor.15:50).​

john w

Hall of Fame
Surely you can understand that the Jews spoken of in the following verse were the believing remnant out of the nation of Israel. So are you saying that they do not have the same inheritance as the Gentile members?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

I say that Christians will be resurrected in a spiritual body (1 Cor.15:44) and not a flesh and blood body:

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption" (1 Cor.15:50).​

Huh? Straw man. I've testified, many times....

Genesis 2:23 KJV And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Adam-flesh and bones

Luke 24:39 KJV Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

The Lord Jesus Christ, in His glorified, resurrected body-flesh and bones

And thus....

1 Corinthians 15:50 KJV Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

=no blood allowed....

Re. the inheritances....You are always right. Carry on....I've expounded, for others' benefit, not yours.

Jerry Shugart

Re. the inheritances....You are always right. Carry on....I've expounded, for others' benefit, not yours.

Would you please answer?

So are you saying that the following words in "bold" are speaking of a flesh and bone body devoid of blood?:

"It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body" (1 Cor.15:44).​

Are you saying that a spiritual body is nothing but a natural body without any blood?

john w

Hall of Fame
Would you please answer?

No, as you you are always right. Carry on....I've expounded, for others' benefit, not yours.
So are you saying that the following words in "bold" are speaking of a flesh and bone body devoid of blood?:

"It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body" (1 Cor.15:44).​

Are you saying that a spiritual body is nothing but a natural body without any blood?

The opposite of spiritual is not physical.

The Lord Jesus Christ, "post resurrection," had(and still has) a physical body, made of flesh and bone, that they could see, and touch...not "disembodied," or a "Caspar.".

I am saying that in the future, whether in resurrected, glorified, spiritual bodies, on earth, promised to the fathers....the believing remnant of the nation of Israel, or in "raptured" bodies, "the redemption of our bodies(Romans 8:23 KJV), in our the "change"(1 Cor 15 ff.., 2 Cor. 3:18 KJV)bodies, promised to respective members of the boc, will be void of blood. "Flesh and bone."

Time to move on. You are always right...

Jerry Shugart

I've expounded, for others' benefit, not yours.

Nothing you said benefited anyone in any way. According to you the Jews in the following verse had an entirely different inheritance that the Gentiles in the same verse:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

The Lord Jesus Christ, "post resurrection," had(and still has) a physical body, made of flesh and bone, that they could see, and touch...not "disembodied," or a "Caspar.".

Then why is He described this way?:

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever" (1 Tim.1:16-17).​

john w

Hall of Fame
Nothing you said benefited anyone in any way.

Oh. Coming from you, I take that as a compliment, Thanks again!

According to you the Jews in the following verse had an entirely different inheritance that the Gentiles in the same verse:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

Thanks for speaking for me. Of course, you are always right, so I will leave you be, sport.

Jerry Shugart

"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever" (1 Tim.1:16-17).​

john w

Hall of Fame

Are you a JW? Did the Lord Jesus Christ lose his physical, resurrected, glorified body, "post ascension?"Is he not described as a man, now, the mediator having to be both God, and man:?

1 Timothy 2:5 KJV For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

If you answer no/no/yes, then the reference to "invisible" in the 1 Timothy passage must be not what you think it means.

Jerry Shugart

Did the Lord Jesus Christ lose his physical, resurrected, glorified body, "post ascension?"Is he not described as a man, now, the mediator having to be both God, and man:?

So you think that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven in the same resurrected body which He had on the earth. But John was given a vision of Him in heaven and he described Him this way:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength"
(Rev.1:16).​

Do you really think that is a description of the Lord Jesus' resurrected, earthly body?

And please tell us what meaning you place on the words "spiritual body."

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I quoted to you Gal 3:28 THAT THERE CAN NOT BE JEWS in the body of Christ , and what part of Gal 3:28 DO YOU NOT BELIEVE ??

Paul was in the Body of Christ and he said the following:

"I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day"
(Acts 22:3).​

According to Paul he did not cese being a Jew when he was baptized into the Body of Christ but according to you he did!

Why do you not believe Paul?

john w

Hall of Fame
So you think that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven in the same resurrected body which He had on the earth. But John was given a vision of Him in heaven and he described Him this way:

"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength"
(Rev.1:16).​

Do you really think that is a description of the Lord Jesus' resurrected, earthly body?

Yes."the man Christ Jesus"

The mediator must be a man, and God.
And please tell us what meaning you place on the words "spiritual body."

Already have-for years. Of course, you are always right, so I will leave you be, sport.

Jerry Shugart

Yes."the man Christ Jesus"

The mediator must be a man, and God.

I agree that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven as a Man.

But He is in a heavenly body now and that is the body which believers will have when they are caught up to meet him in the air. In the following verse Paul makes a distinction between an earthly body and a heavenly one:

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"
(2 Cor.5:1-2).​

The earthly body will be dissolved. Then the saints will put on a body not made with hands. I understand that when Paul speaks of a body made without hands he is referring to an earthly body or a person's natural body.

I understood you earlier to be saying that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven with a flesh and bones body minus the blood. That was in answer to what I said about the following verse:

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption"
(1 Cor.15:50).​

Since you are never wrong then please tell us if I am understanding you right. We will put on a body just like the Lord Jesus' body and the body which we will put on will be a flesh and bone body minus the blood?

Thanks!

john w

Hall of Fame
I agree that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven as a Man.

But He is in a heavenly body now and that is the body which believers will have when they are caught up to meet him in the air. In the following verse Paul makes a distinction between an earthly body and a heavenly one:

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"
(2 Cor.5:1-2).​

The earthly body will be dissolved. Then the saints will put on a body not made with hands. I understand that when Paul speaks of a body made without hands he is referring to an earthly body or a person's natural body.

I understood you earlier to be saying that the Lord Jesus is now in heaven with a flesh and bones body minus the blood. That was in answer to what I said about the following verse:

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption"
(1 Cor.15:50).​

Since you are never wrong then please tell us if I am understanding you right. We will put on a body just like the Lord Jesus' body and the body which we will put on will be a flesh and bone body minus the blood?

Thanks!

Agreed.

Philippians 3 KJV
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Acts 7 KJV
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Acts 1 KJV
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Job 19 KJV
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

DAN P

Paul was in the Body of Christ and he said the following:

"I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day"
(Acts 22:3).​

According to Paul he did not cese being a Jew when he was baptized into the Body of Christ but according to you he did!

Why do you not believe Paul?

Hi and and you have a theory and Gal 3:28 says there CAN NOT BE /ENI JEWS and Gentiles Bond or Free and there CAN NOT BE / ENI Male of Female , as you are in unbelief !!

And Col 3:11 says the SAME thing BUT for one thing , as it starts out There cannot be Greek and Jew ?

Why is that different than Gal 3:28 , There cannot be Jew and Gentiles , do you see the difference ??

dan p

dan p

Jerry Shugart

I think that it is a mistake to think that a flesh and blood body is essential to being a person. Men in their flesh and bodies cannot see the face of God (1 Tim.6:16) but as men we will see His face (Rev.22:4).

How can this be explained? In our flesh and blood bodies we are not equipped to see eternal things (2 Cor.4:18). But with our new bodies, our bodies from heaven, we will then be equipped to see things in the spiritual sphere. It is not that these eternal things, like a spiritual body, do not have substance. Instead, they belong to the spiritual realm. I am not saying that a spiritual body has no substance.

And I also believe that our new, spiritual body will be able to adapt to it's environment. That body will be transformed into an earthly body while on the earth and a spiritual body when in the eternal state.

I believe that the Lord Jesus received such a body and when He was raised up that body had supernatural qualities. After He was raised up he appeared to Mary and she didn't recognize Him (Jn.20:15-16).He was able just appear in a room while the door was closed (Jn.20:19).

So I am not saying that a spiritual body is a body like Casper but instead it is a body belonging to the spiritual sphere, the eternal state. While we now live in a creation with three dimensions (or four if you count "time") the eternal state could have many more. I believe that the new, spiritual bodies will have more substance and beauty than our natural bodies and will resemble the body of the Lord Jesus as He is in the eternal state now (Rev.1:13-16).

Just my two cents worth!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Numbers 23:19 KJV - God is not a man, that He should lie,Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

Mark 3:25-26 KJV -
[FONT=&quot]And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.[/FONT]

Jerry Shugart

Numbers 23:19 KJV - God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

"God is not a man who lies, or a son of man who changes His mind. Does He speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?" (Num.23:19; HCSB).​