ECT Reserved in Heaven For You

Danoh

Hi Danoh , and still have not shown there is a Greek word called RAPTURE , can you ??

You tried to STUDY it through and FAILED !!\\

You are the HYBRID ?

dan p

You might have something had I said the word rapture is Greek.

I never did, though.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry , and is 1 Thess 4:13 the SAME as your Heb verse , IMMINENT ?

Dan, the Greek word which means "imminent" is found in the following verse:

"You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near"
(James 5:8).​

The Greek word translated "is near" at James 5:8 is eggizo and in this verse that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).

In an article found on the "Pre-Trib Research Center" web site Dr. Renald E. Showers writes:

"In light of James' statements C. Leslie Mitton wrote, 'James clearly believed, as others of his time did, that the coming of Christ was imminent.' On the basis of James' statements we can conclude that Christ's coming was imminent in New Testament times and continues to be so today, and that this fact should make a difference in the way Christians live" [emphasis added] (Showers, The Imminent Coming of Christ).​

Again, only those in the Body of Christ will be caught up at that imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus when believers will put on new, glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body. And here John speaks of that very thing:

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Those words of John speak of the "appearance" of the Lord Jesus and at that time he says that "we shall be like Him." That is the same "appearance" which Paul refers to here:

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory"
(Col.3:4).​

Those in the Body of Christ will "appear with Him in glory" because they will put on a new, glorious body just like the Lord's glorious body:

"For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our lowly body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself"
(Phil.3:20-21).​

In the following passage from another Hebrew epistle Peter is speaking of the exact same thing:

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed...And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away"
(1 Pet.5:1,4).​

DAN P

Dan, the Greek word which means "imminent" is found in the following verse:

"You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near"
(James 5:8).​

The Greek word translated "is near" at James 5:8 is eggizo and in this verse that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).]

Hi and In strong's , EGGIZO ( G1448 , means Draw nigh , be at hand , at hand , come nigh , draw near or come near !!

The passage in 1mThess 4:13-18 and 1 Cor 15:51-58 has lasted some 2000 years and when that happens , after 7 years more after the Second Coming of Christ in Matt 24:1-15 and has verse 15 happened YET ??

Bibles are not inspired and nor are Greek Dictionary's , other wise you have to say , that you believe in DOUBLE INSPIRATION and if you want to use a different word in a translation , it has to make sense !!

dan p

DAN P

I don't think that there can be any doubt that in the following verse Peter is speaking of the body which the Christian will put on when they are caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (1 Pet.1:3-4).​

I have shown that every single description in this passage fits perfectly about what we know about the body which we will put on when we are caught up to meet Him in the air. Therefore, those who received the Hebrew epistles were indeed members of the Body of Christ and just like the other members of the Body they will meet the Lord in the air and put on bodies just like His glorious body.

Hi Jerry , and first there are no so-called Hebrew Christians and can be called Messiah Followers !!\\

In the B O C there are and CAN NOT be Jews or Gentiles , Jerry as Gal 3:28 says !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...all-be-saved-even-as-they-quot-Acts-15-11-KJV

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,(my note-verse 1-who?:"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,)

The "heaven" here is a reference the the kingdom of heaven upon the earth, "as the days of heaven upon the earth"(Deut. 11:21 KJV),reserved exclusively for the believing remnant of the nation Israel, not the "third heaven" reserved exclusively for respective members of the boc, of which Paul speaks, the context being the second coming, "the second time"-on earth.

Different inheritances, in different spheres.

EOT. DOA. RIP.

I know, I know....You mid Acts wacko, John W....We Acts 2'er's will pray for you....

Cricket....cricket...cricket...

Jerry Shugart

the context being the second coming, "the second time"-on earth.

Those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for an imminent appearing of the Lord Jesus and that rules out the idea that they were waiting for an appearance of His which could not possibly happen until certain events, such as the abomination of desolations being set up (Mt.24:15), took place.

An imminent appearance means that it can happen at any time and if it cannot happen until certain events take place then it cannot be described as being imminent.

The "heaven" here is a reference the the kingdom of heaven upon the earth, "as the days of heaven upon the earth"(Deut. 11:21 KJV),

The kingdom of heaven will not even come into existence until it is set up on the earth. That being true how can it be reserved in heaven for anyone? What is reserved in heaven is the same thing Paul speaks of here:

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"
(2 Cor.5:1-2).​

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

In the B O C there are and CAN NOT be Jews or Gentiles , Jerry as Gal 3:28 says !!

Dan, I have answered that numerous of times. Paul was in the Body of Christ and he described himself in the following way:

"I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day"
(Acts 22:3).​

Either you are right or Paul is right.

I will go with Paul.

john w

Hall of Fame
Those who received the Hebrew epistles were waiting for an imminent appearing of the Lord Jesus and that rules out the idea that they were waiting for an appearance of His which could not possibly happen until certain events, such as the abomination of desolations being set up (Mt.24:15), took place.

An imminent appearance means that it can happen at any time and if it cannot happen until certain events take place then it cannot be described as being imminent.

The kingdom of heaven will not even come into existence until it is set up on the earth. That being true how can it be reserved in heaven for anyone? What is reserved in heaven is the same thing Paul speaks of here:

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven"
(2 Cor.5:1-2).​
Huh? It is being reserved for them, in the future, by the LORD God, as their inheritance, on earth.

The nation of Israel's sphere of blessing, is on earth-survey-Genesis-Malachi. Never is "the third heaven" a consideration.

Of course, you do realize, that there is more than "heaven," in the book.

The inheritance ofthe believing remnant of the nation Israel....Land, baby, land....By definition, on earth...

Deut. 15 KJV
4 Save when there shall be no poor among you; for the Lord shall greatly bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it:

Deut. 19 KJV
10 That innocent blood be not shed in thy land, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance, and so blood be upon thee.

And on, and on....

Jerry Shugart

Huh? It is being reserved for them, in the future, by the LORD God, as their inheritance, on earth.

It has not even come into existence yet so how can it even exist now, much less being reserved in heaven for them?

The nation of Israel's sphere of blessing, is on earth-survey-Genesis-Malachi. Never is "the third heaven" a consideration.

Those whose heavenly bodies are reserved in heaven for them are the same ones who are in the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

Do you deny that the Jews spoken of there have a heavenly sphere of blessing?

john w

Hall of Fame
It has not even come into existence yet so how can it even exist now, much less being reserved in heaven for them?

Those whose heavenly bodies are reserved in heaven for them are the same ones who are in the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
(1 Cor.12:13).​

Do you deny that the Jews spoken of there have a heavenly sphere of blessing?

Nope-the believing remnant of the nation of Israel's inheritance is on earth-land, baby....land.

You deny Genesis through Revelation?

See how that sophistry works?

Try this one: You deny the bible?

You taught us that-we learned that from you.

You do deny it. Of course, you deny more than one church, more than one heaven, more than one temple, more than one gospel/"good news"...

So there.

Genesis 2:4 KJV These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,(plural-my note)

Do you deny more than one heaven?

Fun!

DAN P

Dan, I have answered that numerous of times. Paul was in the Body of Christ and he described himself in the following way:

"I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day"
(Acts 22:3).​

Either you are right or Paul is right.

I will go with Paul.

Hi Jerry and I quoted Gal 3:28 , Gal 3:28 , that there CAN NOT BE Jews or Gentiles in the B O C !!

Where is Gal 3:28 quote WRONG ?

Explain Gal 3:28 ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

No, their inheritance is the same as all the members of the Body, bodies just like the Lord Jesus' glorious body:

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

Those in the Body of Christ will "appear with Him in glory" because they will put on a new, glorious body just like the Lord's glorious body:

"For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our lowly body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself"
(Phil.3:20-21).

In the following passage Peter is speaking of the exact same thing:

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed...And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away"

Here John speaks of the same thing:

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

Besides that, they were waiting for an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus, and only those in the Body were expecting an imminent appearance.

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I quoted Gal 3:28 , Gal 3:28 , that there CAN NOT BE Jews or Gentiles in the B O C !!

Where is Gal 3:28 quote WRONG ?

Explain Gal 3:28 ??

In his comments on these verses Norman L. Geisler writes the following:

"In Christ distinctions are removed. These include national distinctions (Greek or Jew...); religious distinctions (circumcised or uncircumcised)..."
(Norman L. Geisler, "Colossians," in The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament ed. John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck [Colorado Springs: ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 681).​

The distinction between the two in the eyes of the LORD are removed. In the OT the Jews were a special people unto the LORD but no longer. All believers today are on the same level.

But Jewish believers do not cease being Jews.

DAN P

In his comments on these verses Norman L. Geisler writes the following:

"In Christ distinctions are removed. These include national distinctions (Greek or Jew...); religious distinctions (circumcised or uncircumcised)..."
(Norman L. Geisler, "Colossians," in The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament ed. John F. Walvoord and Roy B. Zuck [Colorado Springs: ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], 681).​

The distinction between the two in the eyes of the LORD are removed. In the OT the Jews were a special people unto the LORD but no longer. All believers today are on the same level.

But Jewish believers do not cease being Jews.

Hi Jerry and you have done better here , BUT there will only be Jews in the MILLENNIUM as they will Kings and PRIEST as Rev 1:6 and it really began in Ex 19:6 !!

They ONLY cease being Jews in the B O C as Jews and Gentiles will be a NEW CREATION in Christ , Gal 3:28 !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
No, their inheritance is the same as all the members of the Body, bodies just like the Lord Jesus' glorious body:

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

(Phil.3:20-21).

In the following passage Peter is speaking of the exact same thing:

Here John speaks of the same thing:

Besides that, they were waiting for an imminent appearance of the Lord Jesus, and only those in the Body were expecting an imminent appearance.

Nope-the believing remnant of the nation of Israel's inheritance is on earth-land, baby....land.

You deny Genesis-Revelation, and that there is more than 1 heaven, more than 1 temple, more than one church, more than 1 gospel, in the book?

See how that works?

You: It all says the same thing. You've morphed into a "non dispensational" proponent.
See how that works?

DAN P

You deny Genesis-Revelation, and that there is more than 1 heaven, more than 1 temple, more than one church, more than 1 gospel, in the book?

See how that works?

You: It all says the same thing. You've morphed into a "non dispensational" proponent.
See how that works?

Hi John and I can PIN POINT at least 4 heavens , there could be many more , I believe !!

As believers , I believe , there will be more there with the billions of angels that are already there and occupy the Galaxy !! We will not be crowded !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
Hi John and I can PIN POINT at least 4 heavens , there could be many more , I believe !!

As believers , I believe , there will be more there with the billions of angels that are already there and occupy the Galaxy !! We will not be crowded !!

dan p

And I might be one of the most respected saints there, DP, as I am here-and still humble!

Jerry Shugart

Are you actually saying that the following believers out of Israel do not have a heavenly inheritance?:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

So the Jews spoken of here, the believing remnant out of Israel, do not have a heavenly inheritance even though the rest of the members of the Body do?