RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God.

God's Truth

Soooo, GT,

I see you didn't want to answer the question with a yes or no. Why not?

David was a man after God's heart.

First, he saw Bathsheeba while peeping on her Naked and drooling, after she was done from cleansing from her time.

(Adulatory in his heart and coveting in his heart)

Second, David knew who she was.

(Married to one of his great Hittite warriors)

Third, had her summoned to him

(Stole her from Uriah, Adultery and coveting + using his authority as King to break the law)

Fourth, spent the night with Her Naked and did more than play chess

ADULTERY on a mass scale!

Fifth, sent her home as if nothing happened

Lied

Sixth, found out she was knocked up and tried to deceive Uriah by getting him to sleep with her.

Plotted to lie to cover up his sins.

Seventh, Angry when Uriah wouldn't come home and do the deed.

Eighth, sent Uriah of his mighty men to have Him killed

Lies, Murder, Deceit, adultery, Coveting, Bearing false witness by killing Uriah to cover up his plot.

Married the wife of the man he murdered.

Sooooooo..... GT,

Did God continue to Love David?

I will answer your question gladly, but first, you have to answer my question that I asked first.

Tell me, if you murder your neighbor is that loving him? If you lie about your neighbor is that loving him? If you commit adultery with your neighbor's wife, it that loving him?

Just answer the question, and then I will love answering your question.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I see you didn't want to answer the question with a yes or no. Why not?

I will answer your question gladly, but first, you have to answer my question that I asked first.

Tell me, if you murder your neighbor is that loving him? If you lie about your neighbor is that loving him? If you commit adultery with your neighbor's wife, it that loving him?

Just answer the question, and then I will love answering your question.

In direct answer to your question, the circumstances of murder are cruel extinguishment of a life with no circumstances justifying said killing of said person.

I am separating murder from protecting myself in innocence and protecting the innocent from being harmed.

In this light..... No! Murder is bad and thus not loving.

I could however say that if a soldier is on the battle field and a buddy is mortality wounded and dying slowly and painfully with no hope, they might need the loving provision of a bullet to the head.

This is an odd example of how Love comes in to play.

If I lie in a malicious manner about my neighbor and destroy their life, this would be bad. Not loving.

If my neighbor were a Jew, Christian or loving Muslim in an Islamic extremist controlled city, and they were hiding in my house to seek safety and I lied to protect them, that would be a loving lie.

If they were compromised and someone had to discharge some ammunition into the wicked to save their life, that would be loving murder.

Adulatory is a very damaging thing. It happens everywhere amongst all people and there is no religious distinction. Outright sleeping with a neighbors spouse is bad.

However, if that neighbors spouse was abusive and I were their single neighbor, and I assisted with their distress and encouraged them to flee that marriage for concern for their life, I would be in the clear by Love.

If furthermore, they divorced that spouse, and by Jesus standards would be an adulterer if they got remarried to any one else; and we found happiness and Love that was genuine, I would be Loving to marry them and commit to them and them to me for a lifetime.

This is my answer, now that I have answered, could you please return to the questions about David that I cited?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

God's Truth

In direct answer to your question, the circumstances of murder are cruel extinguishment of a life with no circumstances justifying said killing of said person.

I am separating murder from protecting myself in innocence and protecting the innocent from being harmed.

In this light..... No! Murder is bad and thus not loving.

That is right, murder is not loving, so if you murder your neighbor you are not loving your neighbor.

If you do not murder your neighbor you are keeping a commandment.

I could however say that if a soldier is on the battle field and a buddy is mortality wounded and dying slowly and painfully with no hope, they might need the loving provision of a bullet to the head.

This is an odd example of how Love comes in to play.

If I lie in a malicious manner about my neighbor and destroy their life, this would be bad. Not loving.

If my neighbor were a Jew, Christian or loving Muslim in an Islamic extremist controlled city, and they were hiding in my house to seek safety and I lied to protect them, that would be a loving lie.

If they were compromised and someone had to discharge some ammunition into the wicked to save their life, that would be loving murder.

Adulatory is a very damaging thing. It happens everywhere amongst all people and there is no religious distinction. Outright sleeping with a neighbors spouse is bad.

That is right. Having sexual relations with your neighbor's wife is not love.

So now that is two commandments you have obeyed, do not murder and do not commit adultery. Breaking either of those laws is to not love your neighbor. Obeying those law is loving your neighbor. You have to obey laws to love your neighbor.

However, if that neighbors spouse was abusive and I were their single neighbor, and I assisted with their distress and encouraged them to flee that marriage for concern for their life, I would be in the clear by Love.

If furthermore, they divorced that spouse, and by Jesus standards would be an adulterer if they got remarried to any one else; and we found happiness and Love that was genuine, I would be Loving to marry them and commit to them and them to me for a lifetime.

This is my answer, now that I have answered, could you please return to the questions about David that I cited?

David broke the laws and did not love. He begged God to forgive him. He repented of his sins.

He did not keep committing adultery and planning murders.

We have to obey God. We have to repent of our sins and stop sinning.

Robert Pate

Banned
All have sinned does not mean all keep sinning and cannot obey.

You have no conception of the righteousness of God.

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" Romans 10:3.

When you submit yourself to the righteousness of God, you will see how far short you fall from the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

God's Truth

You have no conception of the righteousness of God.

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God" Romans 10:3.

When you submit yourself to the righteousness of God, you will see how far short you fall from the glory of God, Romans 3:23.
All have sinned does not mean all keep sinning and cannot obey.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, no one" Romans 3:10.

GT has not claimed there is no God. Why are you perverting Paul's reaching?

The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,
They have done abominable works,
There is none who does good.

The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men,
To see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
They have all turned aside,
They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good,
No, not one. (Psalms 14:1-3)​

Robert Pate

Banned

“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,

Who said that GT does not believe that there is a God?

I am sure that GT believes that there is a God. His problem is that he thinks that he is just as holy as God.

God's Truth

You must be a Paul hater. You don't believe anything that he writes.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

You do not understand Paul, and in your misunderstanding, it shows, as PETER says that you are unstable and ignorant, 2 Peter 3:16.

No one is righteous has not ever sinned even once does NOT mean no one can ever obey and keep obeying.

You are a Calvinist.

Go make up with your evil lost brothers.

God's Truth

Who said that GT does not believe that there is a God?

I am sure that GT believes that there is a God. His problem is that he thinks that he is just as holy as God.

You are slandering me to defend your false teachings because you have not the truth.

The Bible says that Jesus made me holy and perfect, and the scriptures say that is done by obeying Jesus words.

God's Truth

“There is no God.”
They are corrupt,

Amen!

God's Truth

You must be a Paul hater. You don't believe anything that he writes.

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Again, no one is righteous and has not ever sinned does NOT mean we cannot obey Jesus. It means that we can obey but repenting is going to be required, for we must be obedient and repent IF and when we do sin.

You go against me because I believe Paul.

2 Corinthians 2:9 Another reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything.

Did you read that? Why do you go so hard against me when I speak of obedience?

Paul says the TEST is that we OBEY EVERYTHING.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are slandering me to defend your false teachings because you have not the truth.

The Bible says that Jesus made me holy and perfect, and the scriptures say that is done by obeying Jesus words.

Spiritually we are perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

But we are not physically or spiritually in Christ yet.

We are still in our Adamic bodies that are corrupt. Paul says that you are corrupt, but you don't believe Paul.

"For this corruptible must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality" 1 Corinthians 15:53.

You are trying to bring into the present that which is in the future.

God's Truth

Spiritually we are perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

But we are not physically or spiritually in Christ yet.

WHAT?! We are spiritually perfect in Christ but we are not in Christ?!!!!!!

You have now been shown your contradiction, your hypocrisy, your error, your contradiction of the scriptures, the Bible, the Truth!

Jesus TELLS us how to be put in him to become perfect!

Jesus tells us what to do, so if you want to be perfect and put in Christ...so if you want to be saved...you have to do what Jesus says to do to get in him so he can put you in the Father!

Jesus says to get his teachings and obey them.

We are still in our Adamic bodies that are corrupt. Paul says that you are corrupt, but you don't believe Paul.

"For this corruptible must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality" 1 Corinthians 15:53.

That is about a DECAYING BODY OF FLESH.

That scripture does NOT say we cannot be saved now and honor God with our flesh!

We are supposed to honor God with our flesh!

1 Corinthians 6:20 ...Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Romans 12:1
Therefore I urge you, brothers, on account of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Philippians 1:20
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have complete boldness, so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

You better bring something else to God besides your filth, as you say you have only that...you better obey God and come to him with obedience to God's Word.

You are trying to bring into the present that which is in the future.

You will have no future if you are not careful.

Last edited: